Crochet covers

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey everyone I ordered a Tamagotchi ID L and will get it soon. So now I thought it would be nice to welcome it with a selfmade crochet cover.

I went to gotchiworld.de a german and english tama site. She got a pattern there for doing that but its password protected. You can ask for the pattern by sending her 2€ or 3$. I sended her two requests allready but no reply nothing...Im getting really sad. I hope someone over here can help. Maybe you know her personally or know what else I could do. I am willing to pay but if I get no reply how can I solve this.

Greetings Verena

Hi! My mom can make really good covers, and just let me ask first: Is an iDL about the same size as a Tama-Go?

I can get her to make one and I can send it to you free, she doesnt like to get payed for something like that. Could you possibly post a picture of what type of pouch you want? (Looks, etc.)

This picture might help. If you have any of the others... Like the Tamago, you can eye the size. The thickness is two connections stacked on each other. Then you might be able to get away with tracing your tamago face/front.

24uz4ti.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This picture might help. If you have any of the others... Like the Tamago, you can eye the size. The thickness is two connections stacked on each other. Then you might be able to get away with tracing your tamago face/front.

24uz4ti.jpg
So the iDL is the thickness of 2 connections stacked on top of eachother (Would V6 and V5 stacked make the same thickness?) ? And the screen of the iDL...I might need measurements xD

And t is the same height and length of the Tama-Go? Thats what I see in the picture, but just to be sure...

I follow her on Twitter, and she seems to post there often :) If you'd like, I can message her on there and send her along your email to get in touch?

If so, PM me your email and I'll message it along to her for you.

I was tempted to purchase the patterns, as I used to know how to crochet/knit, and wish I still could.

In my crochets I use 10 chains as base, then double triple chains per hole every turn.

Ya, roughly two connections. (the 5 & 6 work)

That picture has been more handy then I thought it would be.

If I knit, its on a small loom from a 4 pack of round looms. That fits tamas pretty well. (3 nicely, 4 snug side by side) Otherwise, it fits them on top of each other, just allow for a closer. Its a really good way to learn how to knit.

I've just crocheted a cover for my new ID L, and I could try giving you the measures I used here.

I'm not too good at explaining crochet patterns in english though, so please bear with me and ask if it's something you don't understand.

It doesn't say on the packaging of my yarn how thick it is, but the recommended knitting-needle size is 4mm, if that makes sense.

However the crochet needle I used is 2,5 mm.

I started out with 7 stitches in a magic ring, and every row I extended my number of stitches with 7, until the total amound of stitches were 49.

I made a number of simple rows at 49 stitches, which I sadly did not count, but crochet until the pouch is high enough, then make a closing for the pouch of your choice.

I experimented with my closing, and I could post pictures as well if you want me to.

Would it be better to knit or crochet one?
Crocheting is easier because you can crochet in the round (well, you can knit in the round too, but let's not get into that). You can start with a base known as the magic ring, which basically creates a small circle that you add on stitches to, which makes it easier to form the bowl shape. Knitting in the round requires either circular needles or double pointed ones, and it can be hard to make a nice tight cover for an iD L using knitting (it's good for pouches, though). Crocheting is also a little bit tougher, to me, so there's less chance of stitches pulling or unravelling.

I was really contemplating purchasing it in hopes of reteaching myself how to crochet. I wouldn't mind having it, but spending $3 is totally understandable, too :)

When i was making my covers I just started crocheting in a circle and would eyeball when to increase and when to start decreasing. Always have your tama around to compare. You dont need a pattern.

Finally she answered and I got the pattern.....As I still dont have my id L by now I had to play around with the pattern a while to make it fit to my tama go...and this is the result :) Im pretty happy with it and even the big big huge tama go looks more cute now isnt it?

mtvuog.jpg
Adorable, I love it!! :D

Can anyone post a picture of a pattern? I'm waiting for my Tamagotchi P's to arrive and I want to make a few cases before it gets here :) .

Btw, I LOVE your design GTamaGirl, especially the bow!

hey guys! I have a crochet pouch pattern that I designed and im paying it forward to who ever wants it! the post link is in my signature and the pic of the pattern is the first purple pouch.i hope you guys enjoy it and ill be posting some of my custom designed pouches that will be for sale for $9 free shipping each <3

I cant crochet but I came here for Coll designs. That's what I got :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back