Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jennyxxfasho

• jennyxxfasho user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:40 AM ( #1 )

I just got a Tamagotchi Id l today. I know that you can download certain things in it, but I don't own an infrared cell-phone, and I'm pretty sure they cost lots of money in stores. Is there another way to transfer downloads to it without phones and such? :huh:

Edited by jennyxxfasho, 02 January 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Replies

Views

Started

02 Jan 2013

Last Post

02 Jan 2013

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:45 AM ( #2 )

I just got a Tamagotchi Id l today. I know that you can download certain things in it, but I don't own an infrared cell-phone, and I'm pretty sure they cost lots of money in stores. Is there another way to transfer downloads to it without phones and such? :huh:

IrDA USB's are one way, which most people are getting...they can be a hassle, so if you're not patient (as in 2 minutes is eternity impatient) it isn't the best option. However, it is the most economic option, since they are very inexpensive (shipping is another story). I suppose the next best thing to a phone is a USB, although personally, I don't really like it.
Another way is through a laptop's IR port, but I'm not sure if you will be able to get that to work (you'd have to ask someone who was successful using it).

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 AM ( #3 )

I use an ipaq for my transfers. Its like a PDA, from like 2002 or something close. I just use a SD card to put the downloads in the ipaq. (I do need a SD card reader since it doesn't do anything but charge on a computer anymore.) They were pretty neat back then but they aren't likely to "hold" a charge, if you get 5 minutes, you are extremly lucky. I had to be attached to my computer so it had power to transfer over to my IDL.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamagotchi, infrared