Connecting P's

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JLou

Reaction score
So I'm trying to connect my two P's, but everything I try ends up failing, so I am clearly doing something wrong. And yet, I can get my P's and iD L to connect just fine.

Perhaps it's because I don't understand all of the sub-menus within the P's connection section, but I've tried numerous things. Can anyone give me a quick lesson, or link me to something? I've tried searching, but can't find any specific directions on connecting two P's together.

Here's a basic guide/translation for the P's connection menus:

When you select Tamagotchi P's under the connection menu, you will be presented with these options:

PlayExchange items

Propose

Visit
Under Play, there will be two options:

Go out and play (select this if the device will be the visitor)Call out friends (select this if the device is the host)
If you're the visitor, you will be directly taken to the connection standby screen. Align your IR port to the host and wait.

However, if you're the host, you will be presented with another screen:

Partner3-players

4-players
Select the number of players (including the host) so that the device will determine how many P's will connect at the same time.

The next screen will ask which connection game to play.

Hide-and-seekCooking Game

(other connection games here)
Align the ports of all the Tamagotchi P's facing the host.

On the host Tamagotchi P's, press the B button. The host will begin to "scan" all the P's facing it, depending on the number of players selected (if you have selected 2 players, only one other P's will be connected).

The game starts.

Enjoy! :D

(If my instructions still aren't clear enough, let me know so I can post screenshots when needed.)

Those are fantastic instructions! I just had my Cosmotchi successfully play hide and seek with my Kiramotchi. I never dreamed there would be menus within menus for this. I printed out your instructions and I'm going to write in the menu options in Japanese next to them so I can memorize them.

Thanks for your help again, Ichiro! You're always answering my questions ^_^

So just now, my Kiramotchi randomly went away and visited my Knightchi without me doing anything at all. I didn't know that could happen!

They were just sitting on the desk next to me and I heard a noise so I checked and Kiramotchi left and put up a sign and then appeared in Knightchi's house and gave him the gift of poop (poor Knightchi!).

So..the P's has the capability of just hopping on over to an adjacent P's??

So just now, my Kiramotchi randomly went away and visited my Knightchi without me doing anything at all. I didn't know that could happen!

They were just sitting on the desk next to me and I heard a noise so I checked and Kiramotchi left and put up a sign and then appeared in Knightchi's house and gave him the gift of poop (poor Knightchi!).

So..the P's has the capability of just hopping on over to an adjacent P's??
Yes, they make random visits to friends every now and then. :D

You can also make your character "hang out" with the other one. Select the 4th option (Visit) under the P's connection menu. Your visiting character will transfer to your second P's and will stay there for 5 minutes. Whatever you do with the other P's, they'll do it together until the 5-minute time limit is up (you'll have to reconnect them again so the other one can "go back home"). :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, they make random visits to friends every now and then. :D
That is so cool!! So...does this only occur with P's that are near each other? Or would it still have happened even if I had left them in separate rooms?

They don't have to be near each other. I think once they got connected, both are already pre-programmed to visit each other at random times.

EDIT: I added something to my post above. You might want to try that one out ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
They don't have to be near each other. I think once they got connected, both are already pre-programmed to visit each other at random times.

EDIT: I added something to my post above. You might want to try that one out ;)
And I thought Tamagotchi couldn't get any more awesome than they already were... :wacko:

Oh, how cute ~ I love that they get prepared for visiting!

I think the best thing to come out of this visit was this highly embarrassing moment:

visit_zps8120b6a8.jpg

Thanks for the tip! Boy am I glad I got two P's ^_^

Great to see you've made it work! 3- and 4-way hide and seek is more fun! I only tried 3 though, but maybe it's even more fun with 4 :D

Another question to add to my seemingly never ending thread of P's connection questions -- why is "visit" not always an option?

For instance, at the moment I have Nokobotchi and Knightchi -- Nokobotchi has the visit option, but Knightchi now does not, yet he did yesterday. I am confused.

I think it depends on the time of the day - if it's evening then it's too late for it to go hang out somewhere as bedtime is approaching.

I wondered that at first, but then I realized that they are both set to the same time, within a second of each other. Then I thought maybe it's an age thing, but Knightchi is older, so that didn't seem to make sense either. Oh well. I'll have to check them throughout the day today. Maybe it was just an odd glitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back