Vintage tamas vs. Newer ones?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickymartyrdom

Reaction score
Do you guys likethe vintage tamagotchis more? Or the newer ones? I personally cant decide....

I think it all comes down to personal taste. I have a huge love for the original P1 and P2 tamas from 1996 and 1997 only because I grew up with them and they were my first exposure to Tamagotchis and v-pets in general. I do also have the newer releases from 2004, 2005 and 2006. V1, V2 etc...I'm honestly not a huge fan of those. I prefer my Japanese versions over the USA versions. I do love the new color tamas though! I just purchased the English IDL I hope I love it!

Depends what I'm in the mood for, but I like both the P1 and V3. Running a P1 and P2 a while ago and I never realized just how long it took for Tamas to evolve compared to the new ones. Then again in the 90s, life was somewhat slower paced what with having cassettes and video tapes and all the other low tech. Now everything is fast paced, and I see this reflected with Tamas, changing so quickly, almost daily.

I have to agree with Midorime that the newer tamagotchis evolve fast - too fast in my meaning, as you barely have time to get to know them and get attatched before you have to marry them off and let them leave.

I'm not a huge fan of the oldie characters, so I was pleasantly surprised when I learnt that I could keep my tama in it's final stage for as long as I want on my new ID-LE.

Otherwise I really like the small-screen connections(v1-v4,5) as they seem so... lagom? Lagom is a Swedish word that no one seems to find a good translation for, and my married cousin from USA got stuck on it and named her blog after it. If you want to read her poetical translation of the word it's at the very top of her blog. :D

To be back on topic, I haven't found a tama yet that I don't like, even though there is a soft spot in my heart for the small-screen connections, I've also fallen in love with the angelgotch, tamago, music star and so on... :p

EDIT: Typo ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well (new here), I only had a, what I think is, V1. I definitly liked that one A LOT! Looking to buy one of the more recent ones, though stuck on tamago or v4.5.

Depends what I'm in the mood for, but I like both the P1 and V3. Running a P1 and P2 a while ago and I never realized just how long it took for Tamas to evolve compared to the new ones. Then again in the 90s, life was somewhat slower paced what with having cassettes and video tapes and all the other low tech. Now everything is fast paced, and I see this reflected with Tamas, changing so quickly, almost daily.
THIS. I agree. My life in the 90's was way less crazy. I mean we were kids. Sounds like you are around my age.

THIS. I agree. My life in the 90's was way less crazy. I mean we were kids. Sounds like you are around my age.
I am your age. :p Though not as well established in life as you seem to be. *points to your siggy*

And yeah, I miss the 90s. Life today is too fast-paced, I can barely keep up, especially living in one of a few states that is all about rushing. No wonder why they sped up Tamagotchi growth and such. I have to pause them a lot, though. My job and other things I do are not vpet friendly, so that sorta slows down their growth so i can enjoy them a bit more.

I am your age. :p Though not as well established in life as you seem to be. *points to your siggy*

And yeah, I miss the 90s. Life today is too fast-paced, I can barely keep up, especially living in one of a few states that is all about rushing. No wonder why they sped up Tamagotchi growth and such. I have to pause them a lot, though. My job and other things I do are not vpet friendly, so that sorta slows down their growth so i can enjoy them a bit more.
I second to this - I like the vintages' slow growth pattern (because I find it realistic in a way), however I loved at the innovation of the latest colour releases. The latest ones advance in growth stages daily as opposed to the former.

But to answer the question of the thread starter, basically I'm stuck in the middle because I love both - but if persuaded with a single answer, I'd say I prefer the newer ones. ;)

Ahhhahah. I got lucky I guess. Yeah I'm engaged but can't afford the wedding so I guess!!! XD

I agree. Mine isn't either. It's going to be a challenge having two tamas with me at work. I hope the IDL and P's have a way too pause XD Because I am going to need it!!!

But as much as I like the old school tamas the new ones are a bit more exciting and fun. More options etc. I have a appreciation for both really.

Ahhhahah. I got lucky I guess. Yeah I'm engaged but can't afford the wedding so I guess!!! XD

I agree. Mine isn't either. It's going to be a challenge having two tamas with me at work. I hope the IDL and P's have a way too pause XD Because I am going to need it!!!

But as much as I like the old school tamas the new ones are a bit more exciting and fun. More options etc. I have a appreciation for both really.
You having someone is more than me already. XD

And yeah, you can't really compare the two. Both have a niche and are really their own experience. I like and appreciate both.

As for pausing, just put the clock to SET basically, like the old Tamas. It'll pause it. I've done it many times on my IDLE and have had nothing bad happen. Got perfect care characters still.

I tend to like the old school tama's because it was such a big part of my childhood. But then again I can't eliminate the newer ones on that premise. I'm actually love the idea of the new ones like the iD L though I have yet to try one.

I tend to like the old school tama's because it was such a big part of my childhood. But then again I can't eliminate the newer ones on that premise. I'm actually love the idea of the new ones like the iD L though I have yet to try one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back