What should I do with my hair.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tama Queen

Reaction score
I have blonde,wavy,long,hair. It is kind of shiny and occasionally I'll get compliments. When I do get compliments it usually from my friends, but sometimes (rarely) from strangers. I have not cut my hair in a year. My hair is not as bad as it was before, but now instead of little fly-aways around my hairline I have breakage and curly hairs around my forehead and temples. They grew out a little, but they are curly while my long undamaged hair is wavy. I want to cut them off because they are anoying and make my hair look messy, but if I cut them it might make the hair around my face and forhead look wierd. I'ts been months and they won't grow out. What should I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
First, get a haircut. It doesn't have to be short, but you need to get all the split ends off. If you really don't want long hair, you can cut it short, but you don't have to.

Then, start being more gentle with it. Before washing your hair, brush it out. Wash your hair with a moisturizing shampoo or regular shampoo (moisturizing shampoo isn't terribly important as you're trying to wash it out anyway). Use a moisturizing, detangling, defrizzifying, [etc.] conditioner, be careful when you're shampooing the hair as you don't want to tangle it too much, as your hair sounds pretty unmanageable (like mine). When you get out of the shower, gently towel-dry your hair, then get any knots you have out of your hair with a wide-toothed comb. When it dries off a bit more, you can brush it out a bit (but not too much since you have curly hair).

Don't use a curling or straightening iron in your hair, and don't use too much hairspray either, since they're hard on your hair.

At the moment, I use ion anti-frizz solutions spray-in leave-in conditioner in my hair after I take a shower, but when I wash my hair, I also use a little regular conditioner in the shower as well. (you might need more conditioner than i do if your hair is less oily than mine)

When you get your hair cut for the first time in eons, make sure it's a good one; use a good stylist who knows what he/she is doing (i mean don't cheap out and go to great clips or something). The stylist there can give you more info on how to take good care of your hair, and make sure you ask him/her to cut ALL the split ends off and cut the hair in a way that's flattering to your face shape, skin tone, hair color, etc. (But ask what the best style is first, just to make sure it's something you like.)

Your hair is a great way to express yourself. Wear it in a way that YOU like and that YOU think looks and feels good. Try not to get a really high-maintenance hairstyle!! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back