Why is there an English version of the Tamagotchi iD L?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaylorBeam

Reaction score
Also is there an english version of the iD? I hardly know anything about these tamas.

Anyway, they are only available in Japan right? So they made a japanese version and an english version yet they aren't released in America?

Is it because they were released in some other english speaking country?

I probably sound super ignorant but I just truly dunno! :huh:

The English iD L's (or iD LE's) were released by Bandai Asia (not the same as Bandai Japan), so Japan does not have them--I believe they are only available in China, although I might be forgetting a country or two. I think they were a test run of some sort. It specifically says on the package that they were not meant to be distributed anywhere else, so the only way people were able to get them was through eBay or on a Chinese website called taobao.com, although a middleman service is required for taobao. They're still quite expensive due to the fact that they're relatively rare and the middleman service fees run up the cost quite a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
pretty sure after much complaining from English speaking fans such as ourselves they came out with it as bandai america wasn't and still isn't doing anything for its fans, so to cash in on the popularity they seemed to have thrown out an English one for us. or at least what I personally want to believe. at least SOMEONE cares about the english fans :D

I dont beleive there is an English verion of the iD, however, but there is an English verison of the iDL because of us English fans complaining, and Bandai deciding to make more money by making it in English.

But unfortunately BanDai Asia has stopped all production of all English color Tama's.

So if you currently own an English color Tamagotchi, then consider yourself lucky, you own a rare collectible^^

Just wanted to add on to what mishi10345 and ciara683 posted^^

//T.A

The iD L that was released in English (somewhat) was made by Bandai Asia, a division of Bandai that is based in Hong Kong.

Below is the label that is displayed on the bottom of the packaging:

idle2.jpg

It is manufactured exclusively for the Asian market, as shown below:

idle.jpg

They have converted it into English (manual is in bilingual Chinese/English) due to HK's bilingual market.

It is not primarily done for the Western countries, as Bandai Asia is an independent entity from Japan or US.

They have done this previously with the iD series - a translated Chinese/English manual has surfaced online a few years ago, but no word whether the actual toy was translated or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thanks so much for the info guys! I'd love to get my hands on one of those backlit color english tamas. :wub:

And another question, I saw the answer somewhere on this website but i'm just clarifying, the english iD tamas are in a white box? Just wanting to know when i'm snooping around eBay.

Hey thanks so much for the info guys! I'd love to get my hands on one of those backlit color english tamas. :wub:

And another question, I saw the answer somewhere on this website but i'm just clarifying, the english iD tamas are in a white box? Just wanting to know when i'm snooping around eBay.

yes the english ones are in the white boxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back