Pronouncing 'Tamagotchi'

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamagotchialice

Reaction score
Well I know that a lot of my friends pronounce the word Tamagotchi differently, and Im wondering if you do to? lol I know this is stupid, but Im just curious. I've had friends call it stuff such as:

Tamagoochi

Tamatchi

Tamamama

Tamatchigotch

Tama-GO-tchi

and even

Gotchitchi

So do you pronounce it different? Comment and let us fill our brains with useless information! xDDD

I pronounce it like 'Tama-Gaw-Chi' (Isnt this how you pronounce it? xD)

People around here ofter mispronounce tamagotchi as tamagootchi.

And I personally pronounce it like japanese do... tah-mah-goh-chee.

The correct Japanese pronunciation is:

Tah-mah-goht-(slight pause)-chi

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow xD a lot of people here do pronounce it tamagoochi. I pronounce it as 'tama' gaw'chi', is that pronouncing it wrong? lol :D

Hearing the L.i.f.e. webisodes pronounce it "Tamagatchi" makes me cringe :angry:

I say it "Tam-er-got-chee". The way most people say it.

I think that's just a strong American accent. In some parts of America, people say "o" as more like "a".
Yeah this is the way I say it :D

I honestly get confused on how to pronounce it, the English or Japanese way? xD I usually pronounce it the 'English' way xD

I pronounce it the japanese way because most polish vowels sound just like in japanese.

"Tamagoci/tamagoczi" is the way to write "tamagotchi" phonetically in my language.

I pronounce it as "Ta-mah-gaw-chee", which is mostly the proper way of saying it.

if Rayman were to say it in Rayman 2, he'd say it like this: "Tah-mah-goh-chee", since he speaks in gibberish, or whatever language he speaks.

I pronounce it as "Ta-mah-gaw-chee", which is mostly the proper way of saying it.

if Rayman were to say it in Rayman 2, he'd say it like this: "Tah-mah-goh-chee", since he speaks in gibberish, or whatever language he speaks.
Yeah, I pronounce it like you do, but it seems more people would pronounce it like Rayman would. :D

Yeah, but if Globox were to say it, he'd say: "Rayman, it's actually pronounced Ta-mah-gat-chee." Rayman would have this confused look on his face, however. He'd reply: "No! It's Ta-ma-goh-chee! Say it right!"

But, I wouldn't even pronounce it like of how Globox would even say it. It depends where they came from, and what they speak in. I pronounce it properly, but Rayman and Globox would say it differently if "Tamagotchi" was actually mentioned in Rayman 2/Rayman 3D.

My mom just simply pronounces it tamagotchi, with the tchi being strong, not like chee, just tchi. like in watch.

I pronounce it like TA-ma-got-CHEE but my friend says it like TAY-ma-got-CHEE. -_-

I say Ta-ma-gaw-tchi. Lol, this is kind of like you say potato, I say po-taw-to. xD

My grandma: "Oh yes, I hope this is the right tama-GOOOO-chi."

xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back