V3 or V4/4.5 - which is best?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
I either want to buy a v3 or a v4 (or 4.5) but I can't decide which! Which do you prefer?

Well. V3 is more of a "classic" pet. Games are fun , you don't have to go to school/work... You don't receive mails , but you can buy items and food at the shop, and connect to tamatown in the internet.

Pretty awesome if you like classic pets but still like the shop feature.

v4.5 is like an upgrated version of the v4 imo. A better version. You can receive mails, buy things, games are great, you can have a work ( = another mini game )

Everyone here knows i'm a v4.5 groupie.. I got 3 of them, and soon 4 . Running those two atm :

My favorite is the V3, but part of that is the nostalgia factor of how much more close to the 1997 tama it is than any of the other 'new' ones. I'm running a 4.5 right now and I do like it, but the mail feature is annoying -- way too much mail! Plus half the time I don't want to open it because I'm afraid there will be a snake that'll empty happy hearts when I don't have time to fill them. Also, I find myself ignoring the job feature, which makes it seem kind of silly for me to be running a 4.5 in the first place! But I do love the characters, so it has that going for me :D

From a purely game play standpoint, I'd pick the V3 because I like the mini games better, and there are no bells and whistles. It's more simple. But, if you are the kind of person that wants more features, the 4 and 4.5 have more to do.

I like the V3 the best--it's one of the only versions I collect multiples of because there's also a lot of shell designs I really like for it as well. And as someone said, it's more 'classic' with extra nice bits sprinkled in. I still can't fully understand the whole job thing and all of the v4/4.5. So I going to go with v3 for sure.

V3 is one of the BEST tamas,IMO.
The games are fun as heck (Heading,flag,bump,sprint,memory!) Although the v4 has more..You just have to get correct skill points..
The items are also full of cute animations..I just love the mirror one.. So cute!
The characters are soooo cute!~ They brought back a lot of mesutch/osutch characters! ^_^
I like the simplicity of the pet,that doesn't quite mean its too easy or doesnt need much care,though.

The v4,though is really close to being as good as the v3.
But,if you like skill points and more games,go for the v4!

If you want a more classic tama,the v3 is your best bet! :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, thanks for all the great replies! I actually posted this topic a while ago then forgot to mention which tama I got :p . Anyway, I ended up buying the V3 as that's the version I remember liking most when it first came out (you can see it in my profile pic) and I'm very happy with my choice, I love this tamagotchi!

Good! The v3 was the first tamagotchi connexion I had, its a LOT like the old ones, but it has some cherries sprinkled on top. Good Choice.

Just for future reference, a thread isn't considered "bumped" or old until it hasn't been posted in for 3 months or more.

*Closed at topic-starter's request*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back