Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi iD L possibly coming down under?

tamagotchi id l bandai asia australia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:50 AM ( #52 )

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

Counting Bodies Like Sheep

• counting-bodies-like-sheep user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:59 AM ( #53 )

I'm just hoping that they sell well and this doesn't turn out to be the final nail in the coffin and make Bandai pull out of any plans to release another Tamagotchi anytime soon.

I have a feeling it's going to go this way. The press release was a single picture posted on Bandai Asia's facebook page, and very few Myer stores are stocking them. They aren't even available online from Myer. With Tamagotchi having been absent from the market for 4 or 5 years, I think $70 is a crazy price to ask... did they really expect a good response from the general public? Hmm... I think they just wanted to move old stock, and aren't at all interested in trying to effectively market tamagotchi to spark interest again. Then again, it's never easy to revive an 'old' fad. 

I was talking to the people working at Myer and asked how sales were. They just looked at me and said... Feel free to pass on the word that we're selling Tamagotchis. It was kinda sad.

• Moussette likes this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:30 AM ( #54 )

I feared as much... oh well, at least colour screen Tamagotchis have finally been sold in stores outside of Japan. That's something that's been a long time coming, and now we have that at any rate. :)

joshnemo

• joshnemo user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:02 AM ( #55 )

I just can't see myself going up to a worker at the store and asking to buy one with a serious face...

$70 is a lot to ask for, I'll have to think about it.  :mellow:

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:39 AM ( #56 )

Well, there's only 15 there, so I guess you better get one before they're gone, if they sell :P

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:01 AM ( #57 )

Well, there's only 15 there, so I guess you better get one before they're gone, if they sell :P

There's more :) The display is quite... 3D, and the entire middle is filled with rows of iDLs. 

PrinJess

• prinjess user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:08 AM ( #58 )

If I didn't already have one and I live in Australia, I'd just buy another P's or ID L for cheaper.

At least the Japanese ID L doesn't have the Happy Symbol glitch for Girigiritchi...

Edited by PrinJess, 05 October 2013 - 08:09 AM.

ciara683

• ciara683 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:18 PM ( #59 )

This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.

Though if this is their idea to bring back tamagotchi in some sort of way they chose the worst possible way to do it.

A good majority of collectors from the early 90's and even today are male. Even as a female I'm not impressed with the color choices.

Not to mention that price tag. I get these are suppose to get us older fans back in due to the recent app but even with a full time job no ones going to go drop $70 on a tamagotchi even if it is in color. So again they're doing a terrible job trying to get people back into tamagotchi.

Do they not even listen to the fans? theres pages of great ideas and posts on what actual fans and collectors want.

Even on the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E facebook page everyone is complaining that they're not going in the direction of tamagotchi and almost everyone is asking for and wanting a PHYSICAL tamagotchi that they can buy in stores. 99.9% Of Tamagotchi life's facebook posts are fashion tips and terrible recipes. Honestly it's a mess.

• Moussette likes this

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:08 PM ( #60 )

This comes up a lot with this topics is people saying it's old stock. I don't think it is.

No way they have this much old stock just chilling unsold. They would have put them on clearance in stores and such.

And it's not like this is the only store and only stock we'll see, there will be plenty of other myers or stores in other cities and countries with these in stock.

It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online. 

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'. 

Ilovetamasxx

• ilovetamasxx user photo

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:07 PM ( #61 )

OMG!! I love the display!! I wish I was near that store I'd buy one of eachof those tamas!!! : )

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:13 AM ( #62 )

It's old stock. The box says made in 2012, which is when the english IDL was first released in Hong Kong. Myer is the only store stocking them in the country - and only in large capital cities. Myer won't even sell them online. 

I can also confirm that the Australia release has the same programming as all English IDL's... i.e. it's still 'refurdish'. 

Just as I thought - I'm thinking these were the leftovers from the Harrod's UK test marketing... which apparently wasn't a success :(

Licksta

• licksta user photo

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:41 PM ( #63 )

Thought you may all be interested to know that Tamagotchi will be released in Australia this year 

• ME:

hey, just wondering if you have Tamagotchi iD L for sale in Australia?
    or any of the new model tamagotchis 
    thank you

• 276645_139828839364035_557330917_q.jpg

10:32pm

Bandai South Asia - Girls & Boys Toys Official Page

Hi!  please note that IDL (english ver.) will be in australia this year. Kindly stay tuned to this facebook for more of it's launching date/month 

no doubt it will be released just before Christmas time -.- wish it was tomorrow aha :)

HOLY CRAP CANT WAIT WONT BE AS GOO AS A TAMA PS BUT STILL FTW CANT WAIT RELEASE IT NOWS BANDAI IMMA HIPSTER ACCORDING TO MY FRIENDS SO THATS PROBABLY WHY IM FREAKING OUT IDK BUT YAY TAMAS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 18 November 2013 - 11:50 PM ( #64 )

It's already been released like a month agao
  • Licksta likes this

Licksta

• licksta user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 04:30 AM ( #65 )

It's already been released like a month agao

Sorry just realised.
Dang! I was in Myer 2 days ago. Now I have to go back and ask the clerk at the toy department. -_- I have also emailed Bandai to check if they have any more info on them. I hope to get a reply soon. ^_^

Presenting: the iDL display at Myer.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$69.99 regular price, and appear identical to the HK release, save for the G rating sticker slapped on by our government. Sorry for the dodgy pictures, I used a silent camera app. 

What do I get? iDL in English? Or P's in Japanese? I just hope they're in Canberra by now . . . GOD HOW I HATE TYPING USING A KOBO GLO!! -_-

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:47 AM ( #66 )

They haven't been released in Canberra. They've only been released in the Sydney City and Melbourne City Myer stores. They'll be released to Toys R Us for the Christmas season only.

Astromeno

• astromeno user photo

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:13 PM ( #67 )

Does anyone know of an online store that sells these?

(I'm not talking offerings from individuals like eBay auctions, but formal storefronts.)

kuschiii

• kuschiii user photo

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:11 AM ( #68 )

They haven't been released in Canberra. They've only been released in the Sydney City and Melbourne City Myer stores. They'll be released to Toys R Us for the Christmas season only.

They have been released in Canberra! :lol: I made a post about it in "What's on your mind?" by accident.
I found a few in Toys R Us. :D So they are already out there, ready for Christmas.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamagotchi id l, bandai asia, australia