Tamagotchi Clear Coat Peeling

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PiIsARational

Reaction score
I've noticed a few of my P2-era stuff has the clear coat on the LCD screens beginning to peel.

I do work at an autobody mechanics shop, I'm sure the principles to restoring it are about the same. I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing you could just very lightly wet sand it with 1200 grit or higher to buff the peeling away then reshoot it with some sort of clear from an aerosol can.

Has anyone tried this? I don't have any pictures to show you what I'm talking about, but on a few of my older ones you can clearly see part of the clear starting to form holes and deteriorate, just like cars do with their paint.

This method could be used to repaint tamagotchis and look professional, too. However, you're on your own coming up with a stencil if you want something besides solid colours.

sorry i have nothing useful to tell you, but if it works (your idea) then tell me how it goes. you got me wondering about! :rolleyes: :D ^_^

I don't really have time to try it right now... but I don't see why it wouldn't be possible... as long as you take your time with some decent high grit wet sand paper (that is actually WET!) it should be okay.

We talking about the actual shell or the plastic cover that goes over the LCD screen?

I've used PlastX to get scratches out of it before, but I haven't seen this 'peeling' you speak of.... I don't see why one cannot take apart the Tama, store the circuit board in a non static baggie, and then take the screen cover and do a protective finish on it, it's a separate piece and all.

The plastic cover over the LCD screen.

If you can desolder you can take the whole thing apart very easily. The speaker is the only thing that's holding the cases together. It's pretty easy to do.

Oh i know that, I'm just saying I don't see why it can't be done since it's an easy enough process. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back