Is a Pokewalker a cousin of the Tamawalkie and the Pocket Pikachu 2?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChamametchiandMametchi

Reaction score
Because it sort of acts like a Tamawalkie and the Pocket Pikachu 2, except with Pokemon...and it lets you go into many different lands using Watts. I have a feeling that it is a cousin of the Tamawalkie and the Pocket Pikachu 2, since they are all pedometer pets.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pokewalker somewhat expanded on the Pocket Pikachus, but it works exclusively with Heart Gold and Soul Silver for the DS. Pocket Pikachu 2 did the same with the old Gold and Silver versions, but you could only have Pikachu in it. Pokewalkers can have any Pokemon and walking around gives them EXP, and then they can be transferred back to the games. You can even have it empty and walk around and pick up a 'wild' Pokemon that will follow you and become yours.

I wouldn't say they're related to the Tamawalkie at all. And they don't really work standalone, you need the games.

So it's sort of native to the Pocket Pikachu 2 than the Tamawalkie...so the Pokewalker is an expanded version of the Pocket Pikachu 2 pet.

Sorta. The Pikachu 2 doesn't NEED the games it connects to, but the Pokewalker does. So the Walker is more an accessory than an actual pet, and the Pikachu is both. Pikachu 1 is just a pedometer pet, doesn't need any games and cannot connect to any anyway.

If you really want to relate them to something, I would compare them to the Pikachu 2 the most.

Alright. just note, the Pikachu pets are pricey, especially the 2nd one due to the color screen, at least from what prices I've seen on Ebay. Good luck!

I can kind of see why the Pikachu 2 would be more valuable than the first one due to the color screen. That said I may be the only one who preferred the original. I found it hard to keep the color version happy, but the original yellow version was my buddy. He even forgave me for my letting my uncle manhandle him. Why is it that whenever someone new to the concept of virtual pets is handed one their first instinct is to start pushing buttons at random? Why don't they seem to realize that since the object is to keep them alive and/or happy it may not be the best idea to start pushing buttons when you have no idea what it will do? I think that was the first and only time I ever let somebody handle one of my active keychain type pets. I learned my lesson in one go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back