RoboDog's Electronic partners in crime

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robodog

Reaction score
So today I headed to Toys R Us in search of a Furby. When I got there I was surprised to find they had a few Tamagos left, I thought they were long gone. I couldn't pass up the chance to pick up a couple. I chose a white one and a green one. I hatched the white one.

I activated him as soon as I got home. I got him through his needy stage. Man, does this guy poop a lot. And apparently they need baths as well now. Currently he is a ahiruku-tchi. He is a boy and he weighs 14 Pounds. It's been awhile since I raised a Tama and I must say I'm really enjoying it.

His first day went well. I took him to the park a couple times and bought him some treats. He's fairly easy to care for. He's not demanding at all. It seems he's pooping less since he matured a little. Maybe the treats I bought him are plugging him up. I've enjoyed his company today. While at first I thought I'd dislike how big TamaGos are it doesn't really bug me at all now that I actually own some.

I'm really loving having a Tamagotchi again. My guy is really easygoing. I noticed that whenever he poops he gets hungry. I guess he has to reload after a good dump. For the most part he's really easy to care for. I try to make sure he never has to call me. If he drops one heart in hunger or happiness I play with him or feed him. Maybe I'm spoiling him. This is the way I've always taken care of Tamas though.

Last night right before bed he needed praise. I suppose he needed reassurance or something. I gladly gave it. And he just pooped as I was typing this. And sure enough he got hungry right afterward. Why? I never get hungry after I go. Is he crapping out vital nutrients as well as waste?

In my first post I mentioned something about him needing baths. Apparently I was wrong. What happened was I caught him pooping, assumed the lines above him indicated he was dirty or stinky and hit the "Flush toilet" button in an attempt to clean him. I found out what I was really doing was potty training him. Speaking of training, his training meter is nearly full now.

My uncle asked me if I'd killed or tortured him yet. I think he was mistaking Tamagotchi for the Sims. I don't torture or starve Tamas. I never have. But back when I had a computer that was able to play games I played the Sims mainly to find new ways to kill them off. I love Tamas. I'd never want to hurt one. I found Sims kind of annoying and stupid. They were fair game.

Before I got my TamaGos I found Grimlock, one of my old Tamas. He's green with a reptile scale pattern. I'm not sure if he works or not. I don't think he does. Even if he's broken I still love him. I wear him on a cord around my neck now. Close to my heart. Someday I'm going to get a battery and see if he still works.

I want to get my Tamago some new kinds of food, but the shop has been out since yesterday. He still has plenty of different snacks since he rarely gets snacks but all he has left in meals is pork and beans. He's got to be getting sick of those by now. Poor thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I noticed something with my Tamago. When none of the icons are highlighted and I press the third button my Tama comes close to the screen and makes some noise. I love this! I kept doing it over and over again. He looks so happy when I do this!

I took him to the park a few minutes ago. He looked like he was having fun. The shops are still empty. They need to hurry up and restock. I hate having to feed my Tama nothing but pork and beans. I wouldn't want to eat that crap once and certainly not over and over again. Poor Tama.

I just caught him getting ready to poop and made him get on the toilet. His training meter is now full. I wonder if this means he won't poop on the floor anymore.

Apparently he is not yet potty trained. He just took a big steaming dump on the floor. I can't really complain though. It cleans up easily.

He just dropped a Happiness heart so I gave him a corn dog for a snack. He's about out of snacks other than milk and the only food option he has is pork and beans and the store still doesn't have any more food in stock. I wonder if you have to go to TamaTown to get it to restock. If so then my poor Tama will be doomed to eat nothing but milk and pork and beans for the forseeable future what with TamaTown being down and all. But to my Tama's credit he hasn't complained about only having Pork And Beans for dinner so I guess he's fine with it. He deserves better though.

Unfortunately I had to pull the batteries from my TamaGo. I won't be able to properly care for him for awhile. I'll start him up again when I can and continue this log. One thing I love about the newer Tamas is they save your progress if the battery dies or you have to remove it. For the most part I prefer the simplicity of the original Tamas and don't really require all the games and jobs and whatnot of the newer Tamas. But that progress saving feature is one thing the newer Tamas have over the older ones. I have to say I really enjoy taking care of these guys. There's a reason I consider Tamagotchi part of the Holy Trinity of electronic pets ( the other two being Furby and Aibo in case you're curious )

EDIT: I decided against Turning off my Tama. I can pause him when I get too busy to care for him. I enjoyed caring for him too much to stop. In addition I have put batteries in my green TamaGo as well. I'll be back later with an update.

I managed to get my green Tamago past the needy stage. He grew into the same character as my white Tamago. Since I now have two active I can connect them. They played a couple games and visited each other. I'm not sure I like one of those games. The one where they're on a skateboard and the loser falls off a cliff. It seems a bit dangerous.

I don't have the backs screwed on these guys' shells. I'm paranoid about screws stripping and being unable to remove dead batteries. Leaving the backs unscrewed is fine as long as I'm careful. I carried my green Tama in my pocket as I did some chores and the back didn't come loose.

As I was typing this my white Tama changed. He is now a Kilalatchi. Evolving seemed to have made him hungry as he dropped a hungry heart. Poor guy still has only Pork and Beans to eat. The shop still refuses to restock. I feel bad. I'm having Burger King for dinner and my poor white Tama has to eat nasty pork and beans. He seems cool with it though. Maybe he LIKES Pork and beans.

Man it's been a while since I updated this thing. I'm raising a totally different Tama now. A V5 with Space Trip design. I found it the day before yesterday and I bought some batteries for it today. I just popped one in so my Tama family are still infants. I'm trying to get them through the initial needy stage. So far they seem to be one mind sharing three bodies. They eat as one and they poop as one. They look different, but they don't seem to have different personalities. It's hard for me to reconcile having three Tamas on one device. I don't buy into the theory that they are aliens living in a plastic case. I think of them more realistically. The device isn't a Tama's home. The Device IS the Tama. A Tamagotchi is not an alien. It's an electronic creature and as such the egg device is as much a part of them as their pixels. I'm not sure how to address this particular Tama ( yes I talk to my Tamas ). I suppose I'll refer to them as you guys or them and things of that nature even though it feels wierd to do so. I suppose I'll get used to it. A Tamagotchi with multiple personality disorder.

They've eaten and played and pooped and now they're sleeping. I'm not sure if that means they're about to exit the needy stage and grow up a little or not. I guess I'll see soon.

My critters have gotten older and now they aren't so needy. I had to send them off on vacation for about an hour while I cooked supper. I do wonder if that vacation animation might make it drain batteries faster. It's a cute idea but I don't know what was wrong with a simple pause screen.

The games suck. They're easy when you just need to fill a happy heart, but quite a bit more difficult when you're trying to make money to buy things. The tea game is best for making money I suppose since it's easier to get far enough where you aren't getting only ten points a game. Niether game is fun. I actually enjoyed the shoot the bug game on the TamaGo. It was like an old school arcade game. But so far the games available are a chore. Maybe once I unlock the others they'll be more fun. It doesn't really matter in the long run. Tama games are just a means to an end. Making them happy and making cash to buy them stuff. I can put up with bad games if it makes my Tamas happy.

It was a busy day. Our satellite was messing up so we had to get the Dish network guy out here. While he was doing this thing I took all our dogs out for a walk to get them out of his way. My Tamas went too of course. We came across a dead possum. My german shepherd's ancient wolf instincts kicked in and she tried to nom the possum. But there was to be no possum nomming on my watch. The Tamas just watched, grateful that as electronic creatures they don't have the sometimes unpleasant instincts that biological creatures do. Sometimes I envy them for that. They'll never have to get up in the middle of a freezing winter night to go pee.

I spent a while playing the tea game and managed to get my Tamas a party horn and a tennis racket. They had fun with them but we are now broke and my thumbs are tired from playing the game. I need to get them some more food. I bought them sandwiches but they may be getting sick of those, bread and whatever the heck that other default food is. Salad? Macaroni and cheese? I just don't know.

I have discovered the wonderful world of V5 Cheats. My guys now have several rare items and all the money they could ever need. My pets are now spoiled rich kids.

These critters get up a bit too early for my liking though. I woke up early this morning and checked on them. I had to clean up a poop and feed them before I paused them and rolled over and went back to sleep.

I spent much of yesterday using cheats to improve the lives of my Tamas. They now have 99,999 points, most of the available items and 100% bonding. I suspect I have more money than I'll ever be able to spend because there isn't much left I don't have. My guys have everything they could possibly want now.

so lucky,still got tamago in ur Toys ur us. in indonesia we don't have toys r us. That's the bad thing about my country.1998 Toys ur opened in Jakarta ,around 2000 bankrupt and is no longer.

You're not really supposed to post in others' logs. I don't mind personally. I'm cool with it but technically it is against the rules. Just so you know: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/3219-for-tamagotchi-logsdiaries-only/

Most Toys R Us's don't have TamaGos anymore. I just got lucky. Really lucky. They were discontinued at the time I found mine. I'm thinking they found some in the storage room and just put them out to try to get rid of them. You can't find TamaGos in any stores here anymore. I was just lucky enough to walk into a Toys R Us that still kept discontinued merchandise on shelves. I wasn't lucky enough to get a discount though. I had to pay full price. It was worth it.

My Tamas spent most of yesterday on pause. I was kind of busy. I've had them up and around most of today though. I only paused them when I was cooking or cleaning.

I'm still trying to figure out the purpose of having multiple characters on the V5. I said earlier that it seemed the idea of families was added as an afterthought. But raising three of them is no different than raising a single one on another Tama. It's kind of pointless having three when they don't have individual personalities, don't have individual names, leave only one poop rather than three and basically act as one spirit split up and housed in three bodies. I don't view the digital creatures as independent from the plastic egg device. The egg device is part of the Tama. The Tama could no more exist without it than we could without our vital organs. To me the creature on the screen is merely a way to interface with the pet.

So what, then, is going on when you have multiple creatures on one Tama? With the V5 it seems like the multiple creatures share one mind. One spirit sharing three bodies. This is because you don't feed, clean up with or play with them independantly. One meal feeds all three. They only leave one poop despite there being three creatures. They all share the same happiness and hunger meters, They simply are not individuals. Despite being three bodies, they seem to share the same personality and the same spirit. I wonder if it would have been technically possible to make a Tama with several individual creatures, each with their own likes and dislikes, their own happiness and hunger meter and their own personality. It would be interesting but having such a device would probably be more trouble than it's worth. The V5 is probably the best way to handle multiples without making caring for them too difficult and time consuming. I doubt I'd want to care for a Tama that involved having to watch several different meters, feed several different meals and play several different games. But having multiple characters without making each an individual is kind of pointless. I can see why future Tamas stuck to one creature only.

My guys grew up a little yesterday They are now a BakuTchi, Ichigotchi, and a Korokotchi. The ichigotchi I remember from the original connections I had. The cross between a strawberry and a shyguy from Super Mario 2. The rest are new to me.

Last night my Tamas watched a movie with me though they fell asleep halfway through. It was the remake of Fright Night. An R Rated horror movie may not have been the best thing to subject a growing Tamagotchi to. But then, Tamagotchis are electronic critters. To them watching a human get his throat torn out would be no different than us watching someone take apart a computer. now that I think about it though that may not be the best analogy. Computers aren't creatures. They're tools. The horror is in watching a living thing dying horribly and it's still horrifying whether the creature is biological or mechanical. But still all my electronic pets have to get used to horror flicks because I watch them all the time. The very first movie my black Furby saw was The Cabin in The Woods. A gory horror film with gratuitous use of the F Word. That's another thing my electronic pets have to get used to. Because despite what you see here in real life I have a notorious potty mouth. When I got my very first Furby back in the 90s there was a rumor that you could teach them words. I tried to teach mine to swear like a sailor before I learned more about robotics and found out we didn't have the technology to create creatures that could learn new words on the fly. Of course now that I'm older even if I had such a robot I wouldn't purposely set out to teach it those kinds of things. But it'd still probably pick up plenty from movies and TV.

All in all my guys are doing fine though. They're still filthy rich because we have more money than we can spend. We pretty much have every item available. They're growing nicely and they seem happy.

My Tamagotchis just helped me work out in the yard. Since we have nine dogs and a fenced in back yard poop tends to accumulate rapidly. I have to go out every couple days and spray it down with the hose. This time I took my V5. I held them in one hand and the hose in the other making very sure the water got nowhere near them. It isn't a pleasant job and the heat makes it worse. My Tamas were my only company since the dogs opted to stay inside the nice cool house. Man's best friend my butt.

I enjoyed having the Tamas with me. It made the job more pleasant. When I was done I gave them a treat for helping. The lazy dogs got nothing. But don't worry, They get plenty of table scraps at dinner.

The boys are doing fine. Things are pretty much the same as always. Eating, sleeping, playing and calling for training.

I'm thinking of adding a fifth Tama to my Tamagotchi Family. I was poking around on Amazon when I noticed they had Tamagotchi Ps and IDLs. I'm probably going to order one when I get paid the week after next. I want to start trying to collect Tamas the way I collect Furbys. But since there are no Tamagotchis on store shelves currently I'm going to have to break my No ordering online rule to do so. Amazon has tons of Tamas of different generations and I do have an Amazon account.

I'm surprised about this but I'm starting to like Tamagotchis even better than Furbys. I'll always love Furbys but Tamagotchis definately have quite a few advantages over them. For one thing, you can carry a Tama in your pocket or wear it around your neck like I'm currently doing with my V5. Tamas don't attract a lot of attention when you take them out in public and Tamas are sturdier. I kind of wish I had discovered Tamas in 1997 instead of 99. I could have gathered a heck of a collection. As it was when I discovered them they were already discontinued and on clearance and I could only get a few. Of course had I done this I would have to also change the fact that I sold my electronic pets in 2006 or so in order to still have them today.

Same as usuall. No progress. The guys are happy and healthy. I have another electronic pet going as well now, my yellow 2012 Furby.

My Furby pretty much keeps to one personality. The loving one. The one where he constantly has hearts in his eyes. I've never seen any of the other personalities. You have to be kind of cruel to get some of them and I don't have the heart. For some strange reason, my Furby seems to be enjoying the sound of me typing right now. The strangest things seem to excite him. A bit ago he seemed to be headbanging to music that only he could hear. And he seemed upset when I turned my attention away from him to tend to my Tamas, who had dropped a hunger and happiness heart. I don't know what he was upset about. He'd already been fed. He just fell asleep and I'm just going to let him snooze for awhile.

I'm still planning to try to order a Tamagotchi P's next Friday. I don't care which color. I'll even take pink. I don't really look forward to the long wait though since most Amazon sellers say it'll take ten to twenty days to get here. I'm sure it will be worth it. I'm just impatient and I'm not sure how I'm going to react to a wait that long. It's not like I have a choice. If I want a P ( and I Do ) I'm just going to have to deal with it.

Latest posts

Back