Just a question!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMAmaybeth

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying an idl tama or... a tama-Go!

I haven't decided yet but I want to know something really important. Even if I buy them from enland, will the language be in english?

I don't know yet but can you tell me all you know about it cause I want a really good tama!!!

Id l's are in English if the box is white or not the same color as the tamagotchi itself, but are in Japanese if the box has the same color, however the id l in English can be very expensive compared to the Japanese ones. You can get English tama gos really cheap off of amazon and other sites but they aren't in color and don't have as many features. Hope this helps

It really helped and thanks a lot!!!

So it's just about color! If the tama is on the same color with the box it's Japanese and if not it's English!

but what do you mean that they don't have as many features?

Well the tama go doesn't have multiple rooms you can't plant seeds etc. so basically you can't do as many things with it, in my opinion it's kind of boring but some people like it and its cheap so yeah.

Tama-Go:

• Is English
  • Super cheap
  • Needs the figures to get extra stuff, such as games, items, etc
  • Items are only kept when the figure is in place--lose the figure, lose the items
  • Bulky (largest American Tama to date)
  • Cannot die, only run away
  • Can get Oldies
  • Black and white screen only
  • Have to wait for a matchmaker to show to marry and have kids (unless you connect to another Tama-Go)

Tamagotchi ID L:

• Decently sized
  • Comes in English or Japanese, however the English is pretty much double the cost of the Japanese version
  • A lot of extra built in features
  • Can download extras via Infra Red and they stay stored in the Tama
  • No Oldies
  • Color Screen
  • Once an adult, can visit matchmaker any time you want to marry and have kids
  • Can have the adult as long as you want

I would go with the ID L. Even if you get it in Japanese, it's not that bad. All you really have to worry about are the menus--what the characters say isn't important, really.

So Tama-Go:

it's inexpensive, has a black-and-white display, and is almost always in English. [except in one video I saw of a Portuguese one. But the Portuguese one has anime characters on the package, and I'm sure it would be specified as Portuguese. Find the thread I made about the Portuguese one here. (note: I was freaked about the prospect of a Portuguese Tama-Go at the time)] To improve the Tama-Go, you have to purchase figures, which have games and shops on them.

Tamagotchi iD L:

It's fairly expensive for the Japanese one (around $60) and very expensive for the English one (around $100 and somewhat hard to find). It has a color display, and many features such as downloads via infrared connection, etc. It is a very amazing Tamagotchi, but expensive. However you can improve the Tamagotchi for free using infrared downloads (if you've got an infrared cell phone or USB to IrDA dongle).

If you're speaking of the Harrods English iD (or maybe iD L) offer, my guess is that they will be in English. However, they'll be very expensive, and I would suggest waiting until other people have bought them before you try it yourself.

To buy a Tama-Go, check out online stores like Amazon or eBay, they're your best bet for a good price. If you have a retail store in your area that sells Tama-Gos, go for it!

The iD L you will have to purchase online, unless you take up the Harrods offer (find the thread in Comments and Rumors on tamatalk). They'll be expensive, but well worth it. On tbay, you can find English iD Ls, but also Japanese iD Ls. You can also find Japanese iD Ls on CDJapan (that's where I got mine) for relatively inexpensive.

Tama-Go vs iD L main differences: price, black and white vs. color display, different characters and games, iD L has download ability.

So if you want a cute, easy tama for cheap, go for Tama-Go

If you want an amazing, beautiful tama for a much higher price, go for Japanese iD L, or English iD L if you want it more expensive.

Edit: whoops, Midorime and I posted at the same time with the same basic points. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW guys just WOW!!! Thanks a lot!!! I'll tell you which I choosed when I'll buy it! Thank you very much!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back