Photo
- - - - -

ITS OFFICIAL: NO MORE TAMATOWNS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:54 AM ( #52 )

V3 and V4 TamaTown aren't gone...but V6 was the best one. I'm not too sad that V5 got shut down because I never really liked it, but it's great that V4's still open, because for some reason I really enjoy that one.

I'd left the V6 one a long time before it closed, but I'll still miss it. I won't miss the hacking or cheating, but I'll miss the friends I made through TamaTown.

But everyone who's really sad about it - BanDai created Tamas and TamaTown, and although they abandoned it, that doesn't mean we have to. We can go on using our gender-neutral, well-priced Tamas no matter how many girly and expensive ones they make. Yes, they might be able to take away TamaTown or discontinue Tamas in our countries; but unless they take away our imaginations, we'll go on knowing and loving Tamas for as long as we want.

• Nazotchi25 likes this

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:10 PM ( #53 )

V3 and V4 TamaTown aren't gone...but V6 was the best one. I'm not too sad that V5 got shut down because I never really liked it, but it's great that V4's still open, because for some reason I really enjoy that one.

I'd left the V6 one a long time before it closed, but I'll still miss it. I won't miss the hacking or cheating, but I'll miss the friends I made through TamaTown.

But everyone who's really sad about it - BanDai created Tamas and TamaTown, and although they abandoned it, that doesn't mean we have to. We can go on using our gender-neutral, well-priced Tamas no matter how many girly and expensive ones they make. Yes, they might be able to take away TamaTown or discontinue Tamas in our countries; but unless they take away our imaginations, we'll go on knowing and loving Tamas for as long as we want.

I really couldn't agree more :)

Nerdtchi

• nerdtchi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:16 PM ( #54 )

Aww......bye-bye Tamatown..... :( SO many memories......

Izzyd07

• izzyd07 user photo

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:00 AM ( #55 )

Luckily I've got all the souvenirs on my V3 but I don't want the European servers to close down before my V4 and V4.5 arrive in the mail so I can get a chance to play with them on Tama Town. Sigh, I have some happy memories of Tama Town but I guess it was just good of Bandai to keep it open so long. We will miss you Tama Town!

nizidafabie

• nizidafabie user photo

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:23 PM ( #56 )

I'm happy the Europe servers are still online.

I think they'll never dissappear.

as for V4 Owners, this link should work :3

http://www.tamagotch...eiEN/index.php#

tamaninjacat

• tamaninjacat user photo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 03:31 PM ( #57 )

This makes me sad. -_- -_- -_- -_- . Come back to us Tamatown... I didn't even get to say goodbye. *Sigh* Goodbye. :wub:

ZadocFish

• zadocfish user photo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 11:35 PM ( #58 )

So, how much is this going to affect us new members who never got onto it in the first place?  Limited functionality on the TamaGo?

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:42 AM ( #59 )

So, how much is this going to affect us new members who never got onto it in the first place?  Limited functionality on the TamaGo?

I wouldn't think you'll be too limited. Music Star is affected the most as this has rendered some items unobtainable.

Tama-Go tends to only be limited by the number of figures you have rather than Tamatown functionality. In Tamatown shutting down you aren't missing much :P

abokado

• abokado user photo

Posted 10 May 2013 - 04:57 PM ( #60 )

I just reactivated my V5 this week and was confused, because I just couldn't find the tamatown page anymore. Too bad. I only played it a little when I first got mine, but it was fun and very cute.

But I guess there is gonna be something similar in the future, right? I can't imagine that they would simply stop hosting an online tamagotchi platform. Maybe they are working on something better right now.

CrystalMimitchi

• crystalmimitchi user photo

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:08 PM ( #61 )

I liked Tamatown, thought it was fun, but couldn't do much since I ran out of batteries for my V5 and Music Star. Oh well. Thank Europe for the 4.5 and below Tamatowns. :)

And Dazzilitchis and Dreamitchis are going extinct due to this.  :o

• *Hayden* likes this

Green Blockhead

• green-blockhead user photo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:49 PM ( #62 )

Now the European TamaTown has gone.

Goodnight, sweet prince.

Minecraft Addict

• minecraft-addict user photo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 08:01 PM ( #63 )

It's the end for our current times. Perhaps in the future Tamagotchis will make a come back like Furbys.

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:05 AM ( #64 )

Well, they just closd the European Severs. Farewell TamaTown :( ...

SodaDog

• sodadog user photo

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:57 AM ( #65 )

R.I.P

Tamatown V3-V4.5

2004-2013

SilverMary

• silvermary user photo

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:47 AM ( #66 )

Is there a way now to still generate the Souvenir codes?

Without the servers it's pretty much impossible right? or did someone save how the generator works?

My favorite tamagotchi is still my V3 and I really liked getting all souvenirs for every generation that came  :(

DoctorEevee

• doctoreevee user photo

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 PM ( #67 )

'Tis a shame... Now I won't be able to visit my parents and grandparents. Or get my souvenirs. TToTT

R.I.P. TamaTown </3 It is a huge loss.

Edited by DoctorEevee, 29 June 2013 - 09:05 AM.

PiIsARational

• piisarational user photo

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:55 AM ( #68 )

Try http://web.archive.o...iEN/tamaok.html for V4.

My V4 is inactive atm so I can't try the login sequence.

UPDATE:  It will fail on the login since the cgi-bin is missing.  If someone decompiles the original swf at you might be able to at least pull enough out of it to play the games but no passwords will be generated any more.