Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Tamagotchi to return as an app for iOS and Android

app tamagotchi iphone ios android

• Please log in to reply

King Tamachi

• king-tamachi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:17 AM ( #21 )

It's available early, at least in some regions it seems. You'll have to search for it on the Google Play store to find it, though. I could download it from Massachusetts, so I'm guessing it's available for everyone in the United States.

I can from michigan! Haha it must've been a mistake

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:24 AM ( #22 )

I'm in the UK and can't install it yet...

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:02 AM ( #23 )

Definitely getting the app. Whether I'll use it is different; but I'll get it.

Conando

• conando user photo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:39 PM ( #24 )

Yeah, that's what I'd suggest. Even if someone doesn't want to use it, I'd give it a download just to support it; letting Bandai know that people still like Tamagotchi.

• robodog likes this

Tama_vs._Tamama

• tama-vs-tamama user photo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 PM ( #25 )

*le faints*

HECK YEAH IM GETTIN IT!

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:42 PM ( #26 )

For all those with country issues, heres the direct download link to the apk, when you open the file you may have to enable unknown sources in your phone to install  :)

http://dl.dropbox.co...chi L.i.f.e.apk

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 February 2013 - 02:38 PM ( #27 )

With L.i.f.e. going in a completely different direction, the app is a welcoming change and a good step forward. Let's support the app and hopefully Bandai/SyncBeatz should "get the message". :D

• TamaMum likes this

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:46 PM ( #28 )

I will deffinatly get it, just I have a IPhone and it is still under development for IOS! :(

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:49 AM ( #29 )

With L.i.f.e. going in a completely different direction, the app is a welcoming change and a good step forward. Let's support the app and hopefully Bandai/SyncBeatz should "get the message". :D

This is a useful review you wrote ichiro.malfoy (hope you don't mind me linking to it - of interest to lots of members I'm sure): http://www.the13thge...p-hands-on.html

• ichiro.malfoy likes this

Aubrey Hepburn

• aubrey-hepburn user photo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:18 PM ( #30 )

I have to get a smart phone first. O_o

Nazotchi25

• nazotchi25 user photo

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:16 PM ( #31 )

i would!

if only i had a smartphone  <_<

i want it soooo bad, i think im crying with happiness, i may be able to add to my Tama Collection with this app! :D

Edited by Nazotchi25, 17 February 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Ringotchi123

• ringotchi123 user photo

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 AM ( #32 )

Definetely me! As soon as it comes out for kindle... the amazon app marketplace is sloooooooooowwwwwwww.

chiiruchan

• chiiruchan user photo

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:32 AM ( #33 )

I have just clicked the install button on my Android to see I need more space.  I am going to delete things now.  I am a Tamagotchi fan that has wished for this, ignoring all other clearly ripped off apps.  I understand virtual pets as a type of genre of it's own, but extreme rip offs were something I avoided.  I want to fund Bandai and/or show them I appreciate their product by getting this app, even if free.  Now for the delete spree.  I simply can't wait.

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:00 PM ( #34 )

I downloaded the app yesterday!  I can't speak for everyone else but as an old-school fan, ;) I'm enjoying it so far.  It plays almost exactly like a P1 so the nostalgia factor is definitely there.  I haven't played with my P1s in so long, so it was really nice to get that blast from the past.  One of the things I really like about it so far is that we can get notifications for everything, even discipline (never miss a call again!).  Sure, it's not true to the P1 in that aspect and it kind of takes away the fun of being watchful for those calls, but it's a nice touch for those who are busy, like me.  I don't always carry my Tamagotchis around with me everywhere, but I do always have my phone with me, so I was glad to see the release of this app.

I second this: 

This is a useful review you wrote ichiro.malfoy (hope you don't mind me linking to it - of interest to lots of members I'm sure): http://www.the13thge...p-hands-on.html

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:50 AM ( #35 )

Is anyone already trying to figure out the growth patterns of the Tamagotchi?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:39 AM ( #36 )

It is similar to the P1 version.

Conando

• conando user photo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM ( #37 )

It's the same as the P1, as far as I can tell. I don't know how to get everyone exactly but, it has to do with letting hearts drop and discipline. For instance, getting Mametchi requires full discipline and you can't let Tamatchi's hearts drop less than one (that meaning don't let the hearts drop to half) while Ginjirotchi is 75% discipline and letting the hearts drop to 2 once.

chiiruchan

• chiiruchan user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:35 AM ( #38 )

I had an issue with the game and I still can't figure out how to get around it.  It is an app that continuously runs, of course, the old school ones did that too.  I honestly could find no way to figure out how to turn it off temporarily on my android.  I sucks my battery life and usage. There could be a way, but I didn't find it.

I do know this could be a good way to unbalance the game if done incorrectly, but there should be a way to turn it off.  Some games where you build towns or farms, you can turn the app off and still come back and time actually still passes.  I'm going to take a guess there might not be a server for the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. game... Perhaps the game will evolve like a Tamagotchi?  I dreamed of this happening and now I am having problems.  

I am better operating an actual Tama than a cellphone... so, if anyone knows anything about getting around this, I would LOVE to play this game.

Edit:  I tried to reword it. It confused me the first time... 

Edited by chiiruchan, 20 February 2013 - 02:42 AM.

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 AM ( #39 )

It's similar / identical to the P1? That makes sense, although I guess this would change if they added more characters.

What I'm wondering about is what they'll add in updates. One thing that I think will probably be added is some sort of reason to get stars; at the moment they may unlock backgrounds and case-pattern-things, but what makes something that's unlocked at 20 stars any more valuable than something unlocked at 5 stars? It would make sense if more valuable unlockables were things like the 'golden tamagotchi', but from what I'm seeing this isn't true. I'm hoping this app will be updated to include some sort of reward for getting more stars, like more games... And maybe some pattern designs could be those from other Tamagotchi versions, like angelgotchi... Or maybe some from the connection series? And do you think they'll add a shop and items later on? And IR connection?

Probably not. It's intended to stay vintage... But I think adding some sort of reward or money system would be a welcome addition. I might think about making a thread of suggestions for the app... These suggestions aren't intended to be added, they're just something nice to think about.

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:27 PM ( #40 )

Well I would have got it if it was compatible with the HTC OneV just goes to show even if you have a smart phone you still cant get everything, and there is no way I'm getting a new phone just for an app.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, tamagotchi, iphone, ios, android