Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Tamagotchi to return as an app for iOS and Android

app tamagotchi iphone ios android

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:50 AM ( #35 )

Is anyone already trying to figure out the growth patterns of the Tamagotchi?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:39 AM ( #36 )

It is similar to the P1 version.

Conando

• conando user photo

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:50 PM ( #37 )

It's the same as the P1, as far as I can tell. I don't know how to get everyone exactly but, it has to do with letting hearts drop and discipline. For instance, getting Mametchi requires full discipline and you can't let Tamatchi's hearts drop less than one (that meaning don't let the hearts drop to half) while Ginjirotchi is 75% discipline and letting the hearts drop to 2 once.

chiiruchan

• chiiruchan user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:35 AM ( #38 )

I had an issue with the game and I still can't figure out how to get around it.  It is an app that continuously runs, of course, the old school ones did that too.  I honestly could find no way to figure out how to turn it off temporarily on my android.  I sucks my battery life and usage. There could be a way, but I didn't find it.

I do know this could be a good way to unbalance the game if done incorrectly, but there should be a way to turn it off.  Some games where you build towns or farms, you can turn the app off and still come back and time actually still passes.  I'm going to take a guess there might not be a server for the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. game... Perhaps the game will evolve like a Tamagotchi?  I dreamed of this happening and now I am having problems.  

I am better operating an actual Tama than a cellphone... so, if anyone knows anything about getting around this, I would LOVE to play this game.

Edit:  I tried to reword it. It confused me the first time... 

Edited by chiiruchan, 20 February 2013 - 02:42 AM.

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 AM ( #39 )

It's similar / identical to the P1? That makes sense, although I guess this would change if they added more characters.

What I'm wondering about is what they'll add in updates. One thing that I think will probably be added is some sort of reason to get stars; at the moment they may unlock backgrounds and case-pattern-things, but what makes something that's unlocked at 20 stars any more valuable than something unlocked at 5 stars? It would make sense if more valuable unlockables were things like the 'golden tamagotchi', but from what I'm seeing this isn't true. I'm hoping this app will be updated to include some sort of reward for getting more stars, like more games... And maybe some pattern designs could be those from other Tamagotchi versions, like angelgotchi... Or maybe some from the connection series? And do you think they'll add a shop and items later on? And IR connection?

Probably not. It's intended to stay vintage... But I think adding some sort of reward or money system would be a welcome addition. I might think about making a thread of suggestions for the app... These suggestions aren't intended to be added, they're just something nice to think about.

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:27 PM ( #40 )

Well I would have got it if it was compatible with the HTC OneV just goes to show even if you have a smart phone you still cant get everything, and there is no way I'm getting a new phone just for an app.

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:22 PM ( #41 )

wish it was on the android market as well ;/

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:38 PM ( #42 )

wish it was on the android market as well ;/

It is.  I just downloaded the app and I have an Android phone.  :)

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:43 PM ( #43 )

It is.  I just downloaded the app and I have an Android phone.   :)

Oh. I thought it was google play only for now oAo

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:40 PM ( #44 )

Oh. I thought it was google play only for now oAo

Google Play is the "app store" of the Android platform.

Android is the mobile platform developed by Google.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 20 February 2013 - 09:40 PM.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:53 PM ( #45 )

Tamagotchi Market became Google Play after google incorporated its music and app stores together.

Am I the only one that's still waiting to download it. It seems like you guys are enjoying it and I'm having to wait because of it not being avaloble on iOS yet! :( what are your opinions on the game and do you find it worth it? What effects does it have on your battery life of your phone? Also what would rate it out of 10?

-JB

Orandatchi

• orandatchi user photo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:28 AM ( #46 )

looks like i haven't been up to date with my electronics -_-

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 05:40 AM ( #47 )

I tried to download it, not enough space on my phone though. Why is it that every app ever seems to only be available on my phone and not my SD card? It just doesn't make sense.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:18 AM ( #48 )

You can transfer your apps from your phone memory to SD card, just go to Application Manager :D

Pango

• pango user photo
  • Group: Members+Limited

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:59 AM ( #49 )

I can't find that app on my iPad in the App Store. I tried typing the word "Tamagotchi" into the search bar, but it didn't show up.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:41 AM ( #50 )

You can transfer your apps from your phone memory to SD card, just go to Application Manager :D

Can't you also sign up for Dropbox? When I had my HTC One X (for a few days before I just had to go back to iPhone) I'm sure I had 25gb free? I'm sure you can upload content from there and stream it back through your phone when needed. This could be a option considering not all phones have a SD slot now! :)

tamageff

• tamageff user photo

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:14 AM ( #51 )

I noticed it's consuming so much battery life. It's 4th on battery usage stat

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, tamagotchi, iphone, ios, android