Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Tamagotchi to return as an app for iOS and Android

app tamagotchi iphone ios android

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 PM ( #61 )

My first Tamagotchi on the L.I.F.E. app has reached adulthood; I got a pink Nyorotchi... clearly I'm a little rusty at taking care of a Tamagotchi after not doing it for 2 years. Just out of interest, what characters have you guys raised?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:44 PM ( #62 )

I got a Tarakotchi but it died due to my busy schedule (and I'm already running a P's and an iD lol) xD

I didn't run a second generation for now.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 25 February 2013 - 03:44 PM.

Conando

• conando user photo

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:11 AM ( #63 )

I raised a Mametchi because, I'm the best. :P  Now that he's getting older, he's not doing too hot, though. He's gotten sick twice, and with the P1 the third time is death.  :(

(You have to be REALLY obsessive to get Mametchi. You can't let Tamatchi's hearts drop to 2 even once.)

Edited by Conando, 27 February 2013 - 01:15 AM.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:05 PM ( #64 )

When do you think it will be available for iPhone? I'm seriously thinking about just getting my old android phone to just play the game! ;)

Edited by jordboss, 28 February 2013 - 09:06 PM.

Pango

• pango user photo
  • Group: Members+Limited

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:36 PM ( #65 )

I still can't find that app in the App Store on my iPad.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:55 PM ( #66 )

I still can't find that app in the App Store on my iPad.

The app is only available for Android devices as of the moment.

• Purimatchi! likes this

Neriac

• neriac user photo

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:12 PM ( #67 )

as much as I love the app i like the real thing better this actually got me to pick up my old digimon and v1 tamagotchi. It also got me to buy the IDL which i instantly fell in love with just gotta find myself a english IDL now or pray they make a english P.

Overall I like the app would prolly pay for it but its much less fun i can keep it perfect without trying if ya go to touch interface instead of the classic interface.

Really i hope they meet whatever quota to make the app pay and add some more too it if the app could be done with multiple tamagotchi's and versions so you could play V1 up to P on the app and download stuff as well as play with others via internet Im going to be so happy.

Edited by Neriac, 01 March 2013 - 10:19 PM.

Tamaloveridl15436

• tamaloveridl15436 user photo

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:57 AM ( #68 )

why cant they just put it for ipod right now im sure it would gain a lot of popularity. Bandai has grown very ignorant these days of what people want. -_-

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:56 AM ( #69 )

why cant they just put it for ipod right now im sure it would gain a lot of popularity. Bandai has grown very ignorant these days of what people want. -_-

It has been mentioned quite a number of times already - an iOS version will be released shortly.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 09 March 2013 - 11:56 AM.

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:15 AM ( #70 )

Their Twitter page is full of tweets replying to other users that have complained about it not being out on iOS. They're doing all they can to release it but you must remember that even after it's submitted to Apple there's usually a 2-week period where it needs to be verified.

I also asked them how often we can expect updates and whether it'll be released outside US/Canada. They replied:
"The initial program for the new brand focused on US/Canada.  As it succeeds, we hope to expand for everyone to enjoy. We will update periodically to provide additional features to our fans, who have shown so much interest in Tamagotchi L.i.f.e."
So I'm hoping the P2 will soon become available. I think I read somewhere that they'll be updating the app every 2 months, but I can't confirm this.

If they were to update it to implement the P2, I think they'll probably make there be a chance of receiving the egg from P2 rather than P1, which then hatches into P2 characters. I'm also guessing they'll add more wallpapers and shells, hopefully the wallpapers will actually be actual wallpapers from previous Tamagotchis rather than patterns of flowers and that sort of thing... Patterns that haven't ever actually been in a Tamagotchi. And if they add new shells... I'd like to see shells from other Tamagotchis, perhaps some connection series Tamagotchis.

Edited by hwd45, 10 March 2013 - 07:22 AM.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:16 AM ( #71 )

Still no download in the UK - I just checked! This is so annoying...even if it's not really their fault, they could at least apologise for it not being available internationally. :(

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:38 PM ( #72 )

ooh bandai... im surprised bandai replies to emails!! i try to email nexon but they dont reply. This definitely shows bandai cares about their customers, but they could at least give us an aproximate date the app will be available. :mellow:

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:51 PM ( #73 )

Still no download in the UK - I just checked! This is so annoying...even if it's not really their fault, they could at least apologise for it not being available internationally. :(

"The initial program for the new brand focused on US/Canada. As it succeeds, we hope to expand for everyone to enjoy."
So, basically, they've not announced whether they're going to release it internationally yet, but it's certainly possible... But for now, the app is designed for the US/Canada market, and they'll release it elsewhere if it's worth it.

ooh bandai... im surprised bandai replies to emails!! i try to email nexon but they dont reply. This definitely shows bandai cares about their customers, but they could at least give us an aproximate date the app will be available. :mellow:

They don't always reply to emails, and usually their email replies are automated. I contacted them through Twitter, it's much easier to get a reply there.
  • Tamaloveridl15436 likes this

Purimatchi!

• purimatchi user photo

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:27 PM ( #74 )

Maybe It's Not Bandai's Fault, Maybe it's Apple being slow on releasing the App. Apple isn't perfect either. Just saying, don't put ALL the blame on BanDai. 

-Puri-

• TamaGrip, Miss Perfect!, ichiro.malfoy and 1 other like this

Tamaloveridl15436

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:07 PM ( #75 )

Yes i suppose you have a point purimatchi. im just all flared up bout all this. I'm still skeptical on all of these things bandai is releasing. i've looked at a whole bunch of pictures from the app and it looks really cool. I'm just very impatient when it comes to tamagotchis because they are my favorite thing. I wouldn't be surprised if they released the app for apple on November 23rd the anniversary of tamagotchi, because thats when all the major things have been happening lately.

• Purimatchi! likes this

lovelitchi_4950

• lovelitchi-4950 user photo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:18 AM ( #76 )

Is it even out in Australia?? Has anyone from Australia got it?? Sorry if I'm just impatient but I AM SO EXCITED!! :) :)

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:34 PM ( #77 )

IT is compatible, my mom has it on her One V, just because the device isnt listed doesnt mean it wont work.

Hmm thats peculiar it wouldn't even let me download it on google chrome, and it didn't even show up in the play store.

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:24 PM ( #78 )

Hmm thats peculiar it wouldn't even let me download it on google chrome, and it didn't even show up in the play store.

Is it the Virgin or Cricket One V? or is it the GSM (SIM Card) version?

neonmoo

• neonmoo user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:08 PM ( #79 )

Is it the Virgin or Cricket One V? or is it the GSM (SIM Card) version?

Niether its on contract but its the original version had been out like 2months when I got it

chrispilot2293

• chrispilot2293 user photo

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM ( #80 )

Niether its on contract but its the original version had been out like 2months when I got it

so its the GSM one, well, you can use the apk if its still not in the Play Store, ill upload it if you want :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, tamagotchi, iphone, ios, android