* * * - - 2 votes

Tamagotchi to return as an app for iOS and Android

app tamagotchi iphone ios android

• Please log in to reply

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:47 AM ( #81 )

Well, I got the non-Google Play version, and I really dislike it. I think it's supposed to simulate a Tamagotchi P1, but it doesn't. It crashes and freezes after about 2 seconds of using it and it doesn't save the happy hearts (meaning that after it says full and I exit the game, if I go back on about a minute later, they're empty. And that's with a teenage character). It dies way too easily, within just 6 hours of neglect (again, with a teenage character). I don't know if the actual P1 is like this but if it is, I wouldn't be a fan of that either.

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:31 PM ( #82 )

Well, I got the non-Google Play version, and I really dislike it. I think it's supposed to simulate a Tamagotchi P1, but it doesn't. It crashes and freezes after about 2 seconds of using it and it doesn't save the happy hearts (meaning that after it says full and I exit the game, if I go back on about a minute later, they're empty. And that's with a teenage character). It dies way too easily, within just 6 hours of neglect (again, with a teenage character). I don't know if the actual P1 is like this but if it is, I wouldn't be a fan of that either.

Well, the original P1 obviously didn't crash every two seconds, but it wasn't easy to take care of. They actually died pretty easily, if what I know is correct.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:58 PM ( #83 )

It crashes and freezes? Can you tell us what Android version is installed on your phone?

triforceman

• triforceman user photo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:28 AM ( #84 )

The app is out for iOS and the sprites and thing look really... Wrong on the ipad for some reason

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:51 AM ( #85 )

I'm guessing since the iPad has a larger screen, the sprites look too upscaled?

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:40 AM ( #86 )

As far as I know iOS apps work nothing like Android apps, so simply uploading to something like Dropbox won't allow iOS users outside of the US and Canada... Actually, I guess someone could upload the app and users could install it using iTunes or something...

As for looking inside the app... Does anyone know if that can be done to iOS apps? Like how would one look inside the app's files at the sprite sheets and stuff? Because you never know what could be hiding in this version that's not in the Android version.

Tamaloveridl15436

• tamaloveridl15436 user photo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:34 PM ( #87 )

I finally noticed that the app came out. But its blurry even on the i pod touch! Its really weird

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:56 PM ( #88 )

This is an interesting look. I downloaded it finally... Its is blurry in "original" mode. When you use the microscope, it turns it more visable and gives it a splash of color. Pretty nifty... I play it in the microscope mode.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:53 PM ( #89 )

As far as I know iOS apps work nothing like Android apps, so simply uploading to something like Dropbox won't allow iOS users outside of the US and Canada... Actually, I guess someone could upload the app and users could install it using iTunes or something...

As for looking inside the app... Does anyone know if that can be done to iOS apps? Like how would one look inside the app's files at the sprite sheets and stuff? Because you never know what could be hiding in this version that's not in the Android version.

I think that's illegal; it's reverse-engineering. Knowing how Apple does business... ;)

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 28 March 2013 - 04:54 PM.

Pango

• pango user photo

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:31 PM ( #90 )

Yay! It finally came out around Eastertime! I'm so happy!

triforceman

• triforceman user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:09 AM ( #91 )

If you have it on iOS and it is fuzzy delete it and redownload it it worked for me.

Edited by triforceman, 29 March 2013 - 09:09 AM.

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:14 AM ( #92 )

About the "iOS version going fuzzy/blurry" issue, go back to the homescreen, doubleclick the homescreen button to open up the Running Apps bar thing, hold down an app until they shake, and then close out of the Tamagotchi Life app by clicking on the little red minus button. Click the homescreen button to make everything stop shaking and click it again to go back to the homescreen and make the bar go away. Go back and re-open the app and it shouldn't be blurry anymore. Worked for me several times!

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:53 PM ( #93 )

I think that's illegal; it's reverse-engineering. Knowing how Apple does business... ;)

Oh, well that's a shame! I guess there's not much of a difference between the Android and iOS versions anyway so if we ever need to look at the files... Then we can try the Android version as it's not illegal.

Later on I might make a page on tcrf.net for this app. Seems like a suitable idea.

Silverpatchi

• silverpatchi user photo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:21 AM ( #94 )

I wish it will come soon to uk = /

Shadow=Ifraid

• shadowifraid user photo

Posted 05 April 2013 - 10:01 AM ( #95 )

I'm not sure if I want to get it. Considering that I have to be on my iPad all day just to take care of the tamagotchi. But just... No
  • Silverpatchi likes this

quintupleHorror

• quintuplehorror user photo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:01 PM ( #96 )

If it's free, I'll be able to get it.

Jentu

• jentu user photo

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:28 AM ( #97 )

I have jailbroken my phone and can look inside the app.  I can make a new topic with my findings.  It might take a while to get everything organized.  And I'm pretty sure it isn't illegal as long as i'm not reselling it or stealing stuff from it.   

wbingham08

• wbingham08 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:49 AM ( #98 )

I love this app, but like everyone else has said, it's not the same as having the actual eggs in hand. I think it's going to make people who miss Tamagotchis go out and look for them on eBay (like what I've just done!). Hopefully the future of the app will give us all the tamagotchis that were released from its inception to the early days of the connection series, i.e. Angel, Ocean, Devil (fingers crossed with this one), Santa, etc... I highly doubt it though.

iSaliena

• isaliena user photo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:04 AM ( #99 )

I'm not a fan, I will stick to my little real tama.

• robodog likes this

Thin029

• thin029 user photo

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:56 PM ( #100 )

My phone is a Windows Phone, so I can't get the app as of now ;(. Am really sad if that's all we're gonna get from now on, I mean, I was expecting they'd at least have a color Tamagotchi released internationally. Aw.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: app, tamagotchi, iphone, ios, android