Help me identify a Tamagotchi-Like from my childhood!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamanyc83

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

In the 90s in France, Tamagochis could be REALLY tough to get because the demand was so high. I remember that there was another brand that was launched, much easier to get. It had a similar design, and a japanese name. But I can't remember anything else.

Does it ring any bell? If I get the name, I would really like buying one on Ebay.

Thanks for your help!

Can you describe in a bit more detail? Like what color, designs, keyring... Etc

tamagotchi...

Nano pet

Giga pet

Yuki Penguin

gyaoppi

Dinkie Pet

For starters...

Last edited by a moderator:
So it really looked like a normal P1:p2 Tama (i.e. shape of an egg). It had a japanese name. That's pretty much all I remember :-(

Did it come with a plush? I can only think of the shape of the MGA pets. I know a penguin and a cat... But I don't think thats it.

No, it was sold exactly like a Tamagotchi, with characters that were not real animals! But thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it.

Tamagochan?

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Thanks for the help, but it was not a Japanese Tamagotchi. It was really a competitor, with the same type of characters and a Japanese name. I am starting tot hink, however, that it might just have been a French brand designed to look like Tamagotchis, though...

It's a possibility. Too bad you can't provide a picture of some of the characters, or maybe even a hand-drawn one of the shell perhaps.

I know. The thing is it was 15 years ago. I just have very vague memories of it. I just remember if was egg shaped and had Tamahotchi like characters.

You guys are SO NICE to spend this time helping me.

No problem, you have me curious is why. I was thinking and could have sworn it to be the Tamagochan, though. Hm.

I know there are quite a lot of egg-shaped Japanese virtual pet devices other than Tamagotchi, if I come across something I'll let you know.

Ummms... This? Pardon my odd choice of music. I was really bored.

Labo Warming Egg, also been called Rabo Warming Egg...

Thing is, I don't think its that old. Maybe 2007, but it is an egg...

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Its egg shaped. Has 3 buttons. They were avaliable in Yellow, Pink and Blue with white on the bottom. Then 3 sensors on the bottom to clean the screen of a mess or make the character happy. This had animals inside though... You could change them with DNA, the things that I didn't have any number of.

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/warming-labo-attame-labo-egg-73501160

Labo Attame Egg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back