The future of tamatown

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think bandai will remake tamatown?

• Yes

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 56.5%
  • What's tamatown?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know/care

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I voted yes.

But I really have no idea. Their notice of the site closing was a bit too positive when it said the servers were closing down.

The American servers were already broken. Therefore, throughout the planet no one can access V5 TamaTown or V6/Tama-Go TamaTown.

But they can still access V3 and V4/4.5 TamaTown through the Europe site.

I wish the site would come back up, one of my friends (IRL) was expressing interest in TamaTown and Tamagotchis (remembering the time I showed her TamaTown and she got an account and everything), then I told her the site was down, and she was bummed about it.

I think that what led to TamaTown's demise was not Bandai's lack of interest in the site (since the site was fairly popular) but because the US server (which runs some of the TamaTowns for the whole world) got majorly screwed up, losing all the data for the site, including the usernames, animations, everything. Maybe a Bandai web technician forgot to have his morning coffee, and then pressed the delete button, instead of the "add" button, while trying to revise the site a bit, and unwisely had no backup storage.

Anything could have happened, really.

If Bandai recreates TamaTown (which I hope they do) it will take a whole lot of work. [Those TamaTowns accumulated through at least 6 years of work. Probably more, with all the planning and maintenance.] If it does happen, all our personal data will be lost, we will have to start from zero.

But with encouragement, maybe Bandai will give a little, and start reconstructing the sites. They wouldn't have to do the V3 or V4 ones, but the V5 and V6/Tama-Go ones.

Sheesh! I had a lot more to say than I thought!!

I voted yes.

But I really have no idea. Their notice of the site closing was a bit too positive when it said the servers were closing down.

The American servers were already broken. Therefore, throughout the planet no one can access V5 TamaTown or V6/Tama-Go TamaTown.

But they can still access V3 and V4/4.5 TamaTown through the Europe site.

I wish the site would come back up, one of my friends (IRL) was expressing interest in TamaTown and Tamagotchis (remembering the time I showed her TamaTown and she got an account and everything), then I told her the site was down, and she was bummed about it.

I think that what led to TamaTown's demise was not Bandai's lack of interest in the site (since the site was fairly popular) but because the US server (which runs some of the TamaTowns for the whole world) got majorly screwed up, losing all the data for the site, including the usernames, animations, everything. Maybe a Bandai web technician forgot to have his morning coffee, and then pressed the delete button, instead of the "add" button, while trying to revise the site a bit, and unwisely had no backup storage.

Anything could have happened, really.

If Bandai recreates TamaTown (which I hope they do) it will take a whole lot of work. [Those TamaTowns accumulated through at least 6 years of work. Probably more, with all the planning and maintenance.] If it does happen, all our personal data will be lost, we will have to start from zero.

But with encouragement, maybe Bandai will give a little, and start reconstructing the sites. They wouldn't have to do the V3 or V4 ones, but the V5 and V6/Tama-Go ones.

Sheesh! I had a lot more to say than I thought!!
I... actually only just found out about this. A bit depressing really, although I'm not really interested in Tamagotchi anymore, I still have lots of good memories on those sites...
What I do find strange, however, is how the site is still (very partially) open for Portuguese people... if you go on the website and click 'Portuguese', something VERY strange happens... I'll let you see for yourself.

But, yeah, the "But don't despair!" at the bottom of the image suggests that a new Tamatown might come eventually... but knowing Bandai's way of working on websites, this might never be true (especially since the main Bandai website hasn't been updated for over a year). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens... *crosses fingers*

I... actually only just found out about this. A bit depressing really, although I'm not really interested in Tamagotchi anymore, I still have lots of good memories on those sites...

What I do find strange, however, is how the site is still (very partially) open for Portuguese people... if you go on the website and click 'Portuguese', something VERY strange happens... I'll let you see for yourself.

But, yeah, the "But don't despair!" at the bottom of the image suggests that a new Tamatown might come eventually... but knowing Bandai's way of working on websites, this might never be true (especially since the main Bandai website hasn't been updated for over a year). I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens... *crosses fingers*
Yes, but the River Rafting game in TamaTown has been there for a few months now. It seems like a stand-in/demo TamaTown currently. It's kind of funny that it's only in Portuguese though!

I hope too that the site comes back up someday. Now I can only use my V3s and V4s online (through tamagotchieurope.com). Not even any V5 servers work!

Let's be positive about this. We can't change whatever's gonna happen, and nothing good comes from greiving before we even know for sure. *votes yes :)

Unfortunately the only way I can see Bandai America bringing back Tama Town is if they released a new Tamagotchi. Bandai America isn't going to put money into a site unless they can make money off it. TamaTown's primary purpose was to help sell Tamagotchis. Bandai didn't create it out of the goodness of their heart. They created it to make money. With no new Tamagotchis to sell I can't see why Bandai would spend money to recreate a site if there isn't any profits to be had from it. I doubt we'll see a new Tamagotchi anytime soon as they seem to be going more in the phone app direction than producing and selling plastic egg shaped devices. I hate it and I hope I'm wrong but that's the way it looks to me.

My thoughts on this matter are quite depressing so if you don't want your morning, or afternoon or evening ruined by them then just skip this post altogether. The future of tamatown doesn't seem bright, in fact it has been slowly decaying and crumbling from the inside even before it got shut down forever, I remember logging in only to get kicked out of the server after a few minutes. Let's face it the people maintaining the site basically just gave up. Pretty much like me with social interactions, I don't even bother trying anymore. When the teacher says to find a partner or a group mate I don't bother trying. I basically gave up on socializing with people at this point. I'd really rather be alone if the only reason they hang out with me is out of pity like they think "oh look she's all alone, I'll sit with her and maybe she won't be a friendless loser" I would actually rather be alone. I just need someone who understands, I don't need anyone's apologies, I don't need their pity, I don't need their sympathy; I just need them to understand. So yeah pretty sure Bandai just gave up on the site like how I gave up with socializing with people.

My thoughts on this matter are quite depressing so if you don't want your morning, or afternoon or evening ruined by them then just skip this post altogether. The future of tamatown doesn't seem bright, in fact it has been slowly decaying and crumbling from the inside even before it got shut down forever, I remember logging in only to get kicked out of the server after a few minutes. Let's face it the people maintaining the site basically just gave up. Pretty much like me with social interactions, I don't even bother trying anymore. When the teacher says to find a partner or a group mate I don't bother trying. I basically gave up on socializing with people at this point. I'd really rather be alone if the only reason they hang out with me is out of pity like they think "oh look she's all alone, I'll sit with her and maybe she won't be a friendless loser" I would actually rather be alone. I just need someone who understands, I don't need anyone's apologies, I don't need their pity, I don't need their sympathy; I just need them to understand. So yeah pretty sure Bandai just gave up on the site like how I gave up with socializing with people.
Hi. Hey, don't be so grim... And really, don't you think that perhaps you writing this here (which is a totally >>>social<<< website) kind of negates your entire argument? BTW, if you really feel this way, I would suggest you might totally unplug from such websites as this; and perhaps take up something like QBasic or QuickBasic Programming (which requires no internet connection). :p

Kind Regards,

S.

Just belive in it they will probely go back 2 it but it just could take a while idk i never really went 2 TT only the V3 oh well but I bet TT was fun they may come again :furawatchi: :newmametchi: :D

Hi, I'm new to the site and Tamagotchi world, but I'm sad it's down since I never got a chance to play it. I do hope it will come back in the future though. Your post sounds to me like you maybe going through a tough time and I just want you to know that I can totally empathize with what your saying completely and I wanted to let you know your not alone. People always think I'm kinda lonely and need a friend (i think we all need one at one point in our life though), but if you want to share more feelings like that you can go to this link https://us.reachout.com/ and you can go to the forums section and talk with others who have feelings like yours. I have an account on the site and it really gives me some people to talk to who understand. :) God Bless :)

To be really blunt, if we look back at the release dates of the previous American tamagotchi's from 2004-2008 there was at least one tamagotchi release, then they took a bit longer and came out with the tamago. Looking at this, the company knew that the popularity has died down, like any fad born in the 90's it had to either evolve or die. The tamago was bandai trying to evolve the tamagocthi to suit a different fan base, to suit well with the current pop culture of 2009. And it flopped, due to less popularity and the fad had died, maybe they waited too long, maybe they did it as a rush to try and revive the fad, who knows. I wasn't in the board room when it was discussed. It is now, 2013. They haven't made a new tamagotchi toy for 4 years, and I doubt they will make one any time soon, yes they could make like fall out boy and just be on hiatus then just bam! Make a great come back, or they could try to adapt to the age of the latest app for smart phones and tablets. Think about we are in an age where iPads are used in school, where almost every kid in the world knows how to play angry birds. Yes tamagotchi had a real run for its money, and yes it lives in Japan, where is started, as for me I'm in Canada and I'm almost certain the culture between the USA and Canada is different so japan is bound to be worlds apart from North American culture.

Besides websites to live forever, look at MySpace, it was huge then something bigger and better came around.

Yes furbies have come back, but that's hasbro and if you look at hasbro they tend to reintroduce things, look at hasbro board games. If you look at the games that have survived through fads they have been remade remodelled and advertised

You can hope all you want, but unless someone in bandai decides to go in a direction that flopped once, it's not going to happen, companies want to make money, if it doesn't make money it doesn't happen.

I voted yes, but I believe Bandai will bring a completely new version of tamatown out. It may not even be online, but on smartphone apps and the like.

I voted yes.

I agree. The language the notice was in made it seem like bandai has something planned, or else they would just just stop it at the thank you message. Who knows, maybe they have something up their sleeve.

I have no idea if Bandai will remake tamatown, but i do miss tamatown

"No" is too pessimistic. Bandai NEEDS to return TamaTown! I am sure they will. It might not be called TamaTown and it might be different, but Tamagotchi isn't dead yet. I'm sure of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back