Photo

Can I download wallpapers and stuff to my iD L using an iPhone?

• This topic is locked

TaylorBeam

• taylorbeam user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:23 PM ( #1 )

So I just got a brand new english iD L! (so excited!) 

And im just trying to figure out this whole downloading thing. http://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/176711-id-l-downloads/ This post was quite helpful but I still don't understand this IR cable thing. :c

Any help is greatly appreciated!  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Replies

Views

Started

14 Feb 2013

Last Post

15 Feb 2013

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:26 PM ( #2 )

Infrared is a method of two devices "communicating" with each other through wireless means, a good example of which is how your TV remote works. Infrared transmitters are built-in into household products such as the remote controller and some lower-end phones. However, this was taken out on newer models due to BlueTooth which is a more advanced technology.

The iPhone is not equipped with an infrared transmitter, therefore it is not possible.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 14 February 2013 - 03:33 PM.

TaylorBeam

• taylorbeam user photo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:34 PM ( #3 )

Infrared is a method of two devices "communicating" with each other through wireless means, a good example of which is how your TV remote works. Infrared transmitters are built-in into household products such as the remote controller and some lower-end phones. However, this was taken out on newer models due to BlueTooth which is a more advanced technology.

The iPhone is not equipped with an infrared transmitter, therefore it is not possible.

Ah oh no, well thank you though for your help! 

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:40 PM ( #4 )

If you want to find alternative ways, there are two more that you can consider - there are USB infrared transmitters available or if you have access to a mobile phone that has a transmitter, then you're good to go (the latter is easier though).

TaylorBeam

• taylorbeam user photo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 PM ( #5 )

If you want to find alternative ways, there are two more that you can consider - there are USB infrared transmitters available or if you have access to a mobile phone that has a transmitter, then you're good to go (the latter is easier though).

So something like this? This is what I got when searching USB infrared Transmitter on ebay. (sorry if the picture is huge )T2eC16dyEE9s5jGK2cBRHFvQiQ60_57_zpsaaf82

TaylorBeam

• taylorbeam user photo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:40 PM ( #6 )

Also, is there a list of all the things you can download to your iD L? Like I know there is other things besides backgrounds you can get. Well I think anyway.  :huh:

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:29 AM ( #7 )

Yes, that one could work; however they can be very tricky as compared to using an infrared-capable phone.

Other than wallpapers, you can download food items, toys, minigames and places to visit. However take note that despite Hong Kong releasing a translated version of the iD L, they did not release downloads (which is odd), so all of the downloads are from Japan therefore everything is in Japanese.

TaylorBeam

• taylorbeam user photo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:43 AM ( #8 )

Thanks for all the help! :wub: 

I think i'll be able to figure out how to use one of those USB things. I'm deff going to look into this!