Customizing/Decorating an ID L?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna Candy

Reaction score
Hello! This is probably a terrible question, but I'm just getting back into Tamagotchis, and have fallen for the English-version ID Ls, but not necessarily their colors. I'm mostly interested in doing something like the Tama-Go faceplate swap I've been reading about while lurking, but wondered if that's possible with the ID L: Remove the faceplate, paint or put paper under it, then replace it like new.

I'm sort of inspired by a picture I saw on the forum, too, from another decorating thread that I can't find at the moment:

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/uploads/profile/photo-197266.jpg?_r=1349312063

But when I tried to click find the tumblr post it comes from, nothing came up-- so I know that someone said it was an ID or ID L but there's just no information out there on how the person did it.

EDIT: Huh, just realized that is obviously not an ID or ID L because it's not in color. I can't believe I missed that. Still, if anyone knows how it turned out so smooth and lovely, it'd still be helpful.

Does anyone here happen to know if that's possible with the newer Tamas? (Also, was it ever decided if nail polish was a terrible thing to use, or just nail polish remover?)

Sorry, I'm a silly newbie with design tastes that are probably too specific for my own good. XD Thanks, everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
No one? Really? :(

Just a 'Yes/no, the faceplate can/can't be removed' would be fine. The whole picture thing is secondary.

mjyuma211 from Youtube painted his iDL.. Literally painted it. Check out his youtube vids.

Edit: I noticed he also painted his P's..

No one? Really? :(

Just a 'Yes/no, the faceplate can/can't be removed' would be fine. The whole picture thing is secondary.
Rest assured that your questions are being seen by everyone; however it sometimes takes a while before someone who is capable of answering can see/respond.

Yes, the Tama-Go's faceplates can be removed and you can print/create new ones by using the built-in faceplates as a template. However for the iD L's, these cannot be removed and "spare parts" are not available. People who customize their iD Ls do it differently. Some put rhinestones on them instead and/or paint the whole thing entirely. The iD L's faceplate can be deliberately removed, however the inside is nothing more than a recessed blank plastic area around the screen - trust me, it doesn't look good.

Ah, I see. Thanks. :) And sorry if I got a bit testy, I just found it hard to believe that out of 28 views no one had an iD L.

I'll check out those videos, though-- and if all else fails, just stick to phone charms and whatnot. Thanks again!

No problem, many TamaTalkers have iD L's but very few courageous souls have ventured out into the woods and decided to add more "bling" to it - while pretty much some of them (myself included) are contented with the shiny-shimmering (facepalm :p ) design of the iD L.

There's a topic dedicated to talking about accessorizing Tamagotchis - this might be a good example: Clickety-click

No problem, many TamaTalkers have iD L's but very few courageous souls have ventured out into the woods and decided to add more "bling" to it - while pretty much some of them (myself included) are contented with the shiny-shimmering (facepalm :p ) design of the iD L.

There's a topic dedicated to talking about accessorizing Tamagotchis - this might be a good example: Clickety-click
Oh! That's actually the post/picture I was referring to! :D I just couldn't seem to find it again in the thread and had to glean the other image off of Google. That tumbler link doesn't work any more, so although I do love that look I can't for the life of me figure out how it was done. It's just so sparkly!

It looks like the owner just glued a bunch of glitters directly onto the faceplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back