Animal Crossing: New Leaf Discussion topic (pre-launch)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigdaddy46

Reaction score
So here are the information I gathered:

Known differences from previous Animal Crossing gamesEdit
In the first three games, the characters were short and slightly plump while in this game, it appears that all characters are tall and thin.
There are now park benches and lamp posts around the player's town.
The ability to change your character's pants, shoes and the addition of long-sleeve shirts.
The ability to swim in the ocean by jumping off of a pier.
Tom Nook is a real estate agent.
Kicks runs a shoe store.
You are the Mayor.
Tortimer has now retired,and hosts multiplayer minigames that can be played locally,or over Nintendo Network.

A new feature,Dream Mode,will allow players to dream about other players' towns and explore them.

And best of all...YOU COULD PLAY ONLINE! **squeal** some of you guys might not really care about online mode though :p

Release Date:

June 9 in America

June 14 in europe

Video on minigames:

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

Now for the exciting part: THERES A NEW GAME OF ANIMAL CROSSING!!!!!!!
2393597-453px-You_dont_say.png

TM Edit: Now that AC New Leaf has been launched there are two topics on the forums:

One for sharing Friend Codes and arranging town visits: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/186195-animal-crossing-new-leaf-friend-codes-town-visits/

One for discussions / Q&A / Help, etc. including pattern sharing info: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/186241-animal-crossing-new-leaf-discussion-topic-inc-pattern-shares-and-help/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm super excited for New Leaf! I love that you can hang things on the walls of your house now, too. There's also an island you can visit via boat to play games on with your friends. That should be cool, especially with the online feature!

I love Animal Crossing. :) And I have been waiting for the new game for years now...

I think New Leaf will be a very good game. :)

Nintendo takes a really long time to localize Animal Crossing games, a lot of it has to do with the creation of unique items and holidays for each region (the only game they didn't do this with was Wild World). I'll be getting it when it comes out, and other members of TamaTalk will always be welcome in my town.

I am stuck in a time warp - AC:WW for me.

I just can't seem to move onto City - I've got the game but just never get around to playing - always seem to pick up the DS again.

I even prefer the more basic graphics (sad, eh) :p

That said, I really hope New Leaf lives up to everyone's hopes - it's been such a long time in development.

I REALLY AM EWIFJEWFWFIJFEIFJWIFJEWFIEWFDSHNVFHVNFVHFVNFHVFVFVFVF

congrats anyway! ^_^

I've been waiting so long for this! I love the Animal Crossing games and I'm excited for the new features.

45 Days until New Leaf! I just found my Wild World cartridge and cleaned all the weeds out of my old town... Now I just need to find something to do with Wild World to keep me occupied until New Leaf comes out. Any ideas??

45 Days until New Leaf! I just found my Wild World cartridge and cleaned all the weeds out of my old town... Now I just need to find something to do with Wild World to keep me occupied until New Leaf comes out. Any ideas??
You could work on your catalogues:

• Got the golden shovel / net / fishing rod / watering can / sling shot?
  • Caught all the fish & bugs?
  • Dug up all the fossils?
  • Donated one of each bug/fish/fossil to the museum?
  • Got everything in the personal/Nooks catalogue?
  • Got Nooks/KK Slider's/Pascal's/Phyllis/Pelly's pics?
  • Got a perfect town rating?
Have you been given a pic by each animal in your town?

If you time travel (change the date and time on the DS clock) and visit different months / times of day you could probably complete your fish and bug list.

Or... you could just re-start your Wild World town and see how far you can get before New Leaf is released :)

You could work on your catalogues:

• Got the golden shovel / net / fishing rod / watering can / sling shot?
  • Caught all the fish & bugs?
  • Dug up all the fossils?
  • Donated one of each bug/fish/fossil to the museum?
  • Got everything in the personal/Nooks catalogue?
  • Got Nooks/KK Slider's/Pascal's/Phyllis/Pelly's pics?
  • Got a perfect town rating?
Have you been given a pic by each animal in your town?

If you time travel (change the date and time on the DS clock) and visit different months / times of day you could probably complete your fish and bug list.

Or... you could just re-start your Wild World town and see how far you can get before New Leaf is released :)
After many years of playing Wild World, the only things I am missing are one fossil (plesiosaur skull which I've been trying to dig up for about two years now to finish my collection. Sheesh! Would have thought the T-Rex skull was more rare than the plesiosaur one!) and I don't have KK Slider's pic yet.

I've run out of room to put villager's pictures in my house. lol. I suppose I could create new characters to use for storage, but it seems silly to store pictures. But I'm working on getting Purrl's pic right now anyway cause she's just so cute.

I've also decided to let every villager (except Gaston and Lucky) move out when they decide to in the next month because I'm hoping to see villagers I've never seen before.

I was very tempted to just start over with a new town, but my Wild World town has years of work into it including intricate paths made out of patterns, and a couple villagers that I won't let leave :p

Still 33 days away from the North American release of New Leaf. I've switched my pre-order over to the New Leaf XL bundle. I've been planning on switching to an XL anyway, and the design of the Animal Crossing one is so cute!

I'm so excited for New Leaf! It's the main reason I bought my 3ds (which I just got Monday!) All the new stuff to do sounds so exciting and I was never a big decorator in WW but now I'm so excited to decorate my town and put all the public works projects in and make the outside of my house look nice.

Oh man I just pre-ordered the full package I feel poor now as I had to get the extras :/

- Charger

- Guide book

- Hard Shell

- Screen Protectors

eep :( but it will totally be amazing! :)

we should all share friend codes when its out

Wow, it's less than two weeks now!! I can barely believe it since I've been waiting for this game for years! I have the bundle pre-ordered and I can't wait to have a new 3DS that has the Animal Crossing design. I should probably order one of those see-through shells for that too. I was worried it might rub on the paint and ruin the design, though. I want to just keep it in a neoprene pouch, but I can't seem to find one that will work with a 3DS XL.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new characters. I hope there's a deer character in my town right away.

ERMAHGERD ITS OFFICIALLY RELEASED!!!! **Rejoices and jumps out of a window**

You guys are going to have to take some pictures. I too play Animal Crossing. I have the DS and the first Wii game. Not that far in City Folk though. Don't play the Wii too often right now. I am interested in seeing the towns you guys create.

Have you tried to look for the original DS size cases? The fabric ones, not the nerf or fitted cases. I think those would fit the 3DS, but not 100% on the 3DS XL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back