CR025 Batteries! (A trick that saves you money for Tamas)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KeroPyontchi

Reaction score
Hey everyone!! I'm making this topic to share a trick on how to use CR025 batteries on Tamagotchis. This trick may even save you money (depending on what store you go to)! Now, we all know that you would typically use CR032 batteries, but I've figured this out: CR025 are CR032 batteries, but thinner. In most stores, CR025 batteries are cheaper. Today I was out hunting for batteries, and I couldn't find any CR032 batteries, so I picked up a pack of two CR025 batteries. The reason CR025 batteries don't work on Tamas are because the battery keeps on falling out of the contact. Now here's the trick part: I stuck a penny in with the battery (above the battery, not below), and it was holding the battery in place! And I could even screw the back cover of the Tama back in place! So from now on, I won't be buying CR032 batteries- why waste money? Thanks for reading, I hope you use this trick, and I hope I helped. Best of luck!! :)

~Kero<3

I warn anyone who tries this... Pennys can carrode the battery. They can conduct well, but, do be care full. If you want an alternative to the to holding the battery, Art foam instead of a penny. You can add layers and it won't ruin your battery you just purchased. Its fairly cheap and can be reused often.

I recommend actually paying the extra so you don't ruin your tamagotchi.

Last edited by a moderator:
I warn anyone who tries this... Pennys can carrode the battery. They can conduct well, but, do be care full. If you want an alternative to the to holding the battery, Art foam instead of a penny. You can add layers and it won't ruin your battery you just purchased. Its fairly cheap and can be reused often.

I recommend actually paying the extra so you don't ruin your tamagotchi.
@ SailorRossete, thanks for the info. Though before putting the penny in, I cleaned it with achohal, not to take any risks. I knew that they conduct well, so that's what I chose. About art foam, it's not the best conductor you can find, so I wouldn't go with that. Thanks for the advice!

-Kero<3

Oh! Thank you. Here in the USA though (at least in my state/ area), I noticed CR025 batteries seem cheaper. This trick does not apply to everyone, just the people in those areas that have CR025 batteries cheaper than CR032. :)

My point is not to have it conduct. You just need to apply pressure so the battery doesn't fall out. I have used one with this general idea. I would just worry the penny would ruin the battery because its a really good conductor. It might conduct too much out of the battery.

Hmm... I guess I see your point. I wouldn't want to ruin a battery, from now on I'll be going back to CR032 batteries, I'm sorry everyone. SailorRosette, could you please close this topic? Thank you.

For future reference, please click on the "report" button if a topic needs handling, rather than making a request in the thread itself, which may or may not be seen. Thanks!

*closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back