Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

x.//StoryTeller//.x

• xstorytellerx user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:20 PM ( #1 )

So while all the other kids were spending their weekends searching for the princess with Mario or running with Sonic, I was having a wonderful time discovering Egyptian treasure with the Cluefinders or adventuring with Katie Cadet and the Starflyers.

And when my classmates were laughing at Spongebob or fighting with the Powerpuff Girls, I was going to outerspace on the Magic School Bus or stopping hacker from taking over cyberspace with the Cyber Chase kids.

I was practically double tuitioned my whole childhood; public school during regular school hours, and homeschooled for the rest of the day. You can imagine me being a bit away from the world when I was little. But honestly, I enjoyed it. The games and shows were fun, and all the while I was learning things that put me ahead of my peers.

My question is: did anyone else here experience their childhood with education thrown into the mix of enjoying cartoons and games? Did you enjoy it?

tumblr_lkp6mwfA6n1qafozko1_500.jpg

Duuude, so many feels right there.

• Amat Gotchi likes this

Replies

Views

Started

17 Feb 2013

Last Post

02 Jun 2013

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:56 PM ( #2 )

I once had Reader Rabbit and JumpStart back in my childhood. It was kind of fun, and I learned a lot from those computer games. I wish I still had them.

• x.//StoryTeller//.x likes this

~SailorMoon~

• sailormoon user photo

Posted 03 March 2013 - 05:02 PM ( #3 )

my childhood!!!!

cyberchase was like my favorite show!!! but you called him hacker

That's THE Hacker to YOU!!!!!!!!!

muh childhood in 5 words :3

violetvioletchi

• violetvioletchi user photo

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:07 PM ( #4 )

I did as well. I still get really excited about trips to the library etc, because that used to be one of my favorite places that my mom would take me to.

I wasn't allowed to play videogames except for computer ones, which typically were either based on books or jump start. I still don't really feel comfortable holding Playstation or Xbox controllers because I never got to play them. I also didn't have cable television growing up so I watched PBS, so I usually don't know what people are talking about when they talk about Nickelodeon shows they used to watch. xD