Whats the latest version?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetgurl71

Reaction score
just wondering what the latest version of tamagotchi device (available in the USA)(maybe in other countrys as well if its easily obtainable and a reasonable price), I'm aware of the tamagotchi life app but my phone isn't compatible with it so Id rather get the lastest model thats out. My friend has a tamago but idk if its the latest model

It's depends what country really, in the European countries (Excluding UK) and in US/Canada it's the Tamagotchi Go. This has several characters and new features. One of the main differences is the size, it's a lot bigger than previous versions. Also available is the remove figure that attaches to the top of the Tamagotchi.

The latest version from Japan and Asian countries is the Tamagotchi P. This has a coloured screen with games, characters and features such as pets and decorating your Tamagotchi house. There is also the Tamagotchi ID L which is very similar to the P and can connect with each other and mate to produce children. I would recommend reading Old School Tama's Log as it includes a lot of information on these virtual pets. You can also find other users logs that include the Tamagotchi Go.

-JB

The newest American model is the Tama-Go (but I'm not sure I recommend it as the site where you can play games with the Tama-Go, enhancing it, is down, indefinitely or permanently). You can find it for super-cheap on Amazon.com. Black-and-white display, nothing special.

The newest Japanese model is the Tamagotchi P's, but they use add-on game cartridges to enhance gameplay, they are pretty expensive. Color display, I hear very cool.

A fairly new model is the English Tamagotchi iD L. It is very expensive. Color display, I hear they're cool, too.

The iD L in Japanese is slightly older (but not old) and is pretty expensive. Color display, I have one and it's awesome (except it's in Japanese which does not affect gameplay)

The Tamagotchi Nano is a fairly newish Japanese tama, it is a black-and-white display and is a fair price. Easy to care for, I hear.

Newest American Tama is the Tama-GO

Latest Japanese Tama is the P's

Newest release of something featuring Tamagotchis is Tamagotchi L.i.f.e

:ichigotchi:

Thanks yall guys this really helps me. another question I have is the Tamgo worth getting and how many of those attachable figures are available

In my opinion it is worth getting. I has several new features such as the date place instead of the Matchmaker, and you can purchase background like on the Tamagotchi ID, L's and the P. It has previous characters that have been released on the music star and some other originals. It is a good tamagotchi to add to your collection although it is quite big to carry around.

The figures that are available are available are:

Boys

Mametchi

Kuromametchi

Kuchipatchi

Shimashimatchi (exclusive)

Girls

Memetchi

Chamametchi

Ringotchi

Violetchi

Ichigotchi