Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 18 August 2012 - 09:45 PM ( #61 )

Wow, this is really exciting! An English iD L! (And to think we were all excited when we first found out colour Tamagotchis actually existed, and we were even more excited when we found out there was the Japanese iD L....xD)
This does seem very legit, which is surprising because HK and China are infamous for knock offs.... :P, but this looks like the real thing! Congratulations on your great find!
I second (or third) the request for pictures of the packaging. If it's the same as the packaging on the link booboo1 posted, that would be pretty awesome.

Okay, I think I'll change my opinion a little here.
I think that this was a very lucky find on kohaku92's part. An iD L all in English; very exciting for all of us. However, we shouldn't go and bet our money on these iD L's with the white packaging; what if it turns out to be just a regular Japanese iD L? Or worse, a Japanese iD L fake?
I don't mean to say that the iD L kohaku92 has shown us is a fake, because judging from these pictures, it seems very real; these are all speculations, obviously. But when you're buying online (and especially buying from China/HK, who are infamous for reproducing fake things), you have to keep your guard up for scams or fakes. I wouldn't bet my money on these iD L's just yet, not until there's further proof that this is the real, legit thing, which is an English iD L.
Until I see pictures of the packaging of kohaku92's iD L, I don't think I'll be jumping out of my seat to buy this just yet.
(Don't mean to a party pooper or negative, this is just what I think)

Edited by kuchipatchi.is.blue55, 18 August 2012 - 09:45 PM.

• StenoTim likes this

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:33 PM ( #62 )

How interesting! I think I know which iDL I would like to get if it turns out we can find sources for the English versions. Hopefully enough will hit the market that they'll be easier to find after a bit.

This is very exciting!

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 18 August 2012 - 11:51 PM ( #63 )

I won't buy the English iD L because I'm trying to learn Japanese and that would just make me kind of lazy with Japanese learning, plus I already have a Japanese iD L. Also, the translations on the Tamagotchi are kind of rough translations from Japanese into English, done by Chinese people (kind of a lot of passing the language down, if you know what I mean) and left in all caps so it looks a bit clunky. I myself would just as soon buy a Japanese one (although that's because I like sounding out the Japanese characters, which by the way, are displayed in pretty nice script in comparison to the English). That's just my opinion, and I will continue eagerly following this topic as many other users are. :D

I can see the appeal of an English iD L, believe it's cool to see some Roman letters on something infinitely cool for a change, and I find the (potential) release of the English iD L to be a good thing to maybe bring English-speakers back into Tamagotchi. I wish you all the best with your English iD L's. I hope the downloads work all right! ;)

It's odd that Bandai didn't accept your product code, though. That could signify danger, or a mere blunder on Bandai-Asia's part. (You know how bad their TamaWalkie instructions are, after all.) :P

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:09 AM ( #64 )

Okay, I think I'll change my opinion a little here.
I think that this was a very lucky find on kohaku92's part. An iD L all in English; very exciting for all of us. However, we shouldn't go and bet our money on these iD L's with the white packaging; what if it turns out to be just a regular Japanese iD L? Or worse, a Japanese iD L fake?
I don't mean to say that the iD L kohaku92 has shown us is a fake, because judging from these pictures, it seems very real; these are all speculations, obviously. But when you're buying online (and especially buying from China/HK, who are infamous for reproducing fake things), you have to keep your guard up for scams or fakes. I wouldn't bet my money on these iD L's just yet, not until there's further proof that this is the real, legit thing, which is an English iD L.
Until I see pictures of the packaging of kohaku92's iD L, I don't think I'll be jumping out of my seat to buy this just yet.
(Don't mean to a party pooper or negative, this is just what I think)

We have people confirming that the English iD L (a.k.a. the Bandai Asia release) is definitely on those white packaging. I'm working on getting one through a friend of mine who lives in Singapore. Hope it turns out well so I could check it out for myself and let you guys know.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:23 AM ( #65 )

Just saw this, and thought I should post it here (unless someone already did somewhere else... haha):

Also, I don't really need the English one myself, but the main reason I took interest was for my sister... She really enjoys playing them too, but she can't read Japanese... although, that's not really a huge problem, but it would be convenient for her if it was in English. I'm not telling her anything about English versions of them... just gonna give it to her as a surprise! :D And I bought a second one for myself, in case the English one doesn't respond with the Japanese one~ I will still post pictures and such when I get em, just to confirm that the ones sold on Taobao are English...

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:38 AM ( #66 )

How did you manage to order from there?

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 19 August 2012 - 10:57 AM.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 12:46 PM ( #67 )

I ordered from this link: http://item.taobao.c...6_3k1_786103316

I kept trying to buy it at first, but it kept asking for my phone number to send an SMS verification... but my phone number never worked. Then, after a while, I tried to sign up on the site first... I'm doing all this by letting Google Chrome translate the page into English for me... Although the English is really rough, it helps alot! After I finally made an account and the email verification, I was able to pay for the items, and for some reason, they no longer needed my phone number. So I was able to pay using Mastercard and I bought it successfully...

I wanted to contact the seller to just make sure he got my address right (since the system was a little odd entering in the address) and I notice there was an IM system on the site, and he was already trying to talk to me~ Haha... again, using Google Chrome to translate, I eventually found out that I still owed him a little more money for shipping, since I live in Canada... That was settled by me buying some other toy for the exact amount I still owed ( I'm not going to receive that toy... this was just a safe way to pay the rest I owed... if that makes sense). He was trying to tell me a different way to pay him, but even with the translation, I couldn't understand what he was talking about. In the end, we both understood, and we were both happy~ So, it was a bit of a challenge, but if these are really in English, it's worth it~ And it's slightly cheaper than the original Japanese ones....

But please, maybe wait till I get mine before buying... just so I can confirm that these are indeed in English~ Also, that video is not mine, but I saw it up on Gotchiworld.de's Facebook

Edited by superdonut, 19 August 2012 - 12:50 PM.

Miriam

• miriam user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:00 PM ( #68 )

This is so cool! I need one of these! Although I will be interested to hear if they are all actually in English... If they are in English, well, I think I know what I'm saving up for next! :D

kohaku92

• kohaku92 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:06 PM ( #69 )

hi guys really sorry for the late reply! I've been really busy! but anyway I have actually got another english purple ID L, that is still in brand new and unopened in the packaging. I'm putting it up for sale over here >> http://www.tamatalk....hi-id-l-purple/

as for the photos of my id l that you all have requested, here they are! their conversations are super cute haha!<3

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by kohaku92, 19 August 2012 - 01:14 PM.

kohaku92

• kohaku92 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:06 PM ( #70 )

so yup mine is the pink one on the left, and the purple one on the right is the one I'm putting up for sale(:

Posted Image

will upload more screenshots when I'm free! my pet is sleeping now so i can't do anything hahaha.

Edited by kohaku92, 19 August 2012 - 01:12 PM.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 01:08 PM ( #71 )

Oooh... that looks so good... The english is not too bad~ And as you said, their convos are pretty cute~ I'm excited to receive mine in the mail~! :D

Ribonitchi

• ribonitchi user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 03:07 PM ( #72 )

Hi, i just got my Pink Tamagotchi ID L from ebay and turns out that its in english!!

The packaging has the BANDAI logo on it.

It even includes a piece of paper from Bandai (HK) Co., LTD, providing me a QR code to complete an online survey. The QR code works, however the code number of my product which is required for the completion of the survey seems to be incorrect when i type it in:/

There is also a full english manual of the Tamagotchi ID L.

The back of the tamagotchi states that it is made in china.

Everything including the features, physical appearance, manual, looks just as what I have seen online or on youtube videos. The tamagotchi is working fine as well!

Except that, i have not seen anyone online claim that they have an english tamgotchi id l! May I know if it could be a fake?? ): ):

what seller did you buy it from?! :o i want one

kohaku92

• kohaku92 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 06:28 PM ( #73 )

what seller did you buy it from?! :o i want one

really sorry I won't be able to disclose my seller's name! but anw I have gotten his remaining few as he has got a very limited number, so you can buy from me instd. you may pm me if you're insterested!(:

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:05 PM ( #74 )

Another video...

• Blue tama1234 likes this

jzwolf530

• jzwolf530 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:42 PM ( #75 )

Certainly interesting, I wonder how they managed to translate it? Hacking or is it official?

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 19 August 2012 - 07:48 PM ( #76 )

Certainly interesting, I wonder how they managed to translate it? Hacking or is it official?

Looks pretty much official to me.

jzwolf530

• jzwolf530 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:03 PM ( #77 )

Not to say any of the PPs are liars but there are some pretty good hackers and whatnot. However, you have a point, with the amount of this "hacked" ID Ls, it's much more likely that it's legit. I'm just always skeptical about things. :P Did anyone mention Bandai making an announcement?

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:29 PM ( #78 )

Not to say any of the PPs are liars but there are some pretty good hackers and whatnot. However, you have a point, with the amount of this "hacked" ID Ls, it's much more likely that it's legit. I'm just always skeptical about things. :P Did anyone mention Bandai making an announcement?

I don't recall myself Bandai Asia making announcements about things --- their releases just pop out from out of nowhere.
But if this is not exactly a release and is a "hack", we still have to find out who did it and how.

But judging from the pictures and video that's starting to come around, it's more likely that it is a release.
I would prefer a hack though, so we won't have to buy another one instead of trying to track them down.

Unfortunately we have very little information right now. The least we can expect is that they would start popping out like mushrooms within the next few days or weeks.
If they don't want to post the eBay seller where they got it from, then we have to look for alternates.
I made arrangements with my friend who lives in Singapore just to get a hold of one.

I'll keep you guys posted on whatever stuff I could find out.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 19 August 2012 - 08:36 PM.

• StenoTim likes this

jzwolf530

• jzwolf530 user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 08:44 PM ( #79 )

Interesting either way, I agree. Though I do love that it is in English, I like the original Japanese better. Since the text was originally in Japanese, the spacing of the English stuff is a little weird but not completely obnoxious.

I do hope we get more info soon.

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:04 PM ( #80 )

According to the person who posted the video on YouTube, it comes in the white packaging as we suspected.