Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 19 August 2012 - 11:10 PM ( #81 )

I'm currently trying to find my way around the Chinese site along with people from TZ who were able to place their orders.
If I can manage to pull this off, we can use this to help other people who would like to order from there.

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 20 August 2012 - 03:05 AM ( #82 )

Hey I live in the US. I just ordered an iD L on Amazon on August 18th from seller Tokyo Japan Shop. It should arrive sometime this week or the next week or so. I am anticipated to see if it will be in English! Also I have a question. I forgot who it was. But someone stated that eBay was the only place left to get an iD L. But I just ordered one from Amazon !? Why didn't they mention Amazon?

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:45 AM ( #83 )

Ow ichiro that would be so great, i would like to order one, but i don't get it at all!!! >_>.

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:26 AM ( #84 )

Ow ichiro that would be so great, i would like to order one, but i don't get it at all!!! >_>.

What do you mean you dont get it at all?

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:59 AM ( #85 )

What do you mean you dont get it at all?

As you may have observed from the discussion in the previous posts, the site where these English iD Ls are available are in Chinese.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 20 August 2012 - 07:59 AM.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:33 AM ( #86 )

To order from this site: http://item.taobao.c...6_3k1_786103316

You need to first sign up~ Just like ebay or any other site, you gotta make an account. You can make one here: http://member1.taoba..._info=&ex_sign=

It goes:

Account Name:
Password (underneath it will tell you if it's weak or strong)
Confirm Password
Verification Code (the image that shows up, enter it in... you might have to click the box to write it before the image pops up)

Hit the Yellow button and the next page is simply your email address... Put that in and click the button... Then check your junk mail... it might take a couple of minutes, so give it time. Then click the link to confirm your account, and there you go~

I dunno, I could give more instructions on how to actually purchase it... but, it's not too hard to figure out if you have Google Chrome translate it for you... :T Just remember that you might have to contact the seller so you can pay for the additional shipping (since the default shipping you can choose from seem to ship locally)

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:36 AM ( #87 )

I also just noticed.... that that seller is now selling the White tama... and he has 156 tamas in stock (before, it was under 10)... Glad that he got more~ :D

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:26 AM ( #88 )

I was able to make an account, but it gives me $30 shipping for overseas and there's no other option.
Posted Image

That's weird. -_-

68+185 Yuan = approx CAD$ 86 :(

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 20 August 2012 - 10:27 AM.

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:31 AM ( #89 )

Do you know what types of credit card they accept? I couldn't see any of that information. :o

Edited by StenoTim, 20 August 2012 - 10:31 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:32 AM ( #90 )

The only payment method I've seen so far is AliPay (a Chinese PayPal-like equivalent), but I think there would be at least MC/VISA support.
I'm still finding my way around the site.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:38 AM ( #91 )

I only paid $68 CAN each tama... I dunno... but then again, shipping was only 145 yuan... And yes, they accept Mastercard and other creditcards. When you pay for it, it gives you all the AliPay methods, but there are other tabs you can click for various ways to pay... I think you can also pay using Paypal, but don't quote me on that. I used Mastercard to pay.

Wow... I tried to kind of purchase another to see the shipping... I wonder why the shipping is so high~! Or maybe the guy I ordered from was nicer or something.... Because I accidentally paid for shipping as if I lived in China... so he contacted me asking me for more, since I live in Canada.

Edited by superdonut, 20 August 2012 - 10:41 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:39 AM ( #92 )

I only paid $68 CAN each tama... I dunno... but then again, shipping was only 145 yuan... And yes, they accept Mastercard and other creditcards. When you pay for it, it gives you all the AliPay methods, but there are other tabs you can click for various ways to pay... I think you can also pay using Paypal, but don't quote me on that. I used Mastercard to pay

How did you set your address? It doesn't let you select a country, just 'Overseas'. And seeing from the screenshot I got above, I'll be charged 185 yuan instead of 145. Is yours from a different seller?

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:25 AM ( #93 )

How did you set your address? It doesn't let you select a country, just 'Overseas'. And seeing from the screenshot I got above, I'll be charged 185 yuan instead of 145. Is yours from a different seller?

When I first entered in my info, it asked for my address, and the only option for Country, city, etc, was to select overseas. I kept trying to write my full address including my city and province, but it kept denying it. So I just did what was allowed and continued along. Then, when it came to payment, and I entered my Mastercard and everything, it asked again for address, and this time I was able to select Country, city, province... And then it was good.

Afterwards, I was still concerned whether they would get my address right, so I kept trying to contact the seller, when I noticed the IM service they have on the site... The seller was already trying to talk to me. He was asking me what Country I was from, and I gave him my full address again, just in case... then we settled the shipping, which he only asked for an additional 130yuan (because I accidentally only paid 15yuan).... Anyways... it sounds a bit confusing... believe me, I was confused... Hahaha~

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:34 AM ( #94 )

Something odd I noticed in the video....
It seems that everything is in English, but when they go to the Tama Depa and look at the vacuum and things, it's in English.
However, in the inventory, the vacuum and mop are in Japanese.
Could it be possible that it was transferred over via a Japanese iD L and keep it's Japanese name, or could be part of the programming?

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:42 AM ( #95 )

Something odd I noticed in the video....
It seems that everything is in English, but when they go to the Tama Depa and look at the vacuum and things, it's in English.
However, in the inventory, the vacuum and mop are in Japanese.
Could it be possible that it was transferred over via a Japanese iD L and keep it's Japanese name, or could be part of the programming?

According to the video uploader, the items in Japanese labels were transferred via IR from a Japanese iD L, hence the Japanese labels.
  • Astromeno and kuchipatchi.is.blue55 like this

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:37 PM ( #96 )

I showed my iD L to my sister today, and she just loves it~ She told me that if it was in English, she'd snatch it and run away with it... I didn't tell her that I bought two English ones for us, nor did I mention anything about there being an English version... 1. Because I really want to surprise her~ and 2. Just in case, for some reason, it's the original Japanese one, at least I didn't get her hopes up. But I'm pretty sure these are the english ones, and I really can't wait to receive them and surprise her with one~ :D
  • StenoTim likes this

Blade9087

• blade9087 user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 07:29 PM ( #97 )

wait if there are now english id l's then wouldnt there be like a file or something that we can send over to the japan id l or would we just have to buy the english V cuz i love my id l and i want it to be english

Spacytchi

• spacytchi user photo

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:35 PM ( #98 )

@superdonut

When you were ordering it and it asked you for your phone number, what did you do? Mine keeps saying I need an extension number and I have no idea what that is. For example I put: 123-456-7890 123 is the area code,and 456-7890 is the 10 digit number.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 21 August 2012 - 09:41 PM ( #99 )

@superdonut

When you were ordering it and it asked you for your phone number, what did you do? Mine keeps saying I need an extension number and I have no idea what that is. For example I put: 123-456-7890 123 is the area code,and 456-7890 is the 10 digit number.

Create an account so you'll skip out on it.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:11 AM ( #100 )

I just purchased my White English Tamagotchi iD L (or iDLE as I like to refer to it as). :D

Including shipping and commission fees and such, it's going to cost me a total of about $65 AUD, which really isn't all that bad; in fact it's cheaper than what I purchased my Japanese iD L for. Judging by the time indication that I've been given, it should be here sometime next month. I'm hoping for early September, but I have a feeling that it's going to be closer to Mid/Late September.

I'm really excited! When it arrives, I plan to take a bunch of photos and record some videos, as well as doing some comparisons between the English and Japanese iD L releases and conducting various connection experiments. I also plan to log my progress over on Tama-Zone. Looking forward to when this gem arrives! :)