Photo

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:07 AM ( #101 )

That's great news! Did you order from the Chinese site?

steenie

• steenie user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:35 AM ( #102 )

lucky! mine would be $99 including shipping (from taobao)....

Dear English iD L's,
come to ebay already!!!!!!!

<3 steenie
  • StenoTim likes this

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 02:08 PM ( #103 )

Maybe someone with loads of money buy em off of Tabao, and sell em on Ebay... or maybe someone should tell that Taobao guy that he could get some sales on Ebay... haha~

And to spacytchi, ichiro.malfoy is right~ That's one of the reasons I was so frustrated - because it just did not accept my phone number. If you create an account first, you should be fine. When I paid with Mastercard, I think they asked for my phone number again, but it didn't have any problems there.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:01 PM ( #104 )

That's great news! Did you order from the Chinese site?

I used a Taobao Agent to purchase from Taobao.com. I probably searched a dozen different middleman services' websites before I finally found one that was both in English and accepted Paypal, and it was also really straightforward and easy. Like others have experienced, there was also a message system so I could talk to the person who was dealing with my order. Local shipping was about 10 Yuan, fees were about 30 Yuan and international shipping from Hong Kong to Australia is $3.50 USD, so it's really not too bad at all. Better still, the site also gives tracking information and order/item status, so you know exactly where your item is and what processes it's going through. At the moment, my middleman service has purchased the iD L and is awaiting it to arrive at their warehouse. It should take about 3-5 days to get there, then I need to pay for international shipping, and they will then send it to me via China Post Airmail, and it should get here in 15-25 days after that. But Australia isn't really that far from Hong Kong in the scheme of things, so it should get here closer to 15, I would think. :)

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 07:40 PM ( #105 )

Very interesting developments! Thanks for the updates, guys.

TamaPax

• tamapax user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:23 PM ( #106 )

I want one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blade9087

• blade9087 user photo

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:59 PM ( #107 )

hello so im gonna order a english 1 so exited but i tryed to order i made a account but now im trying to buy but it still needs my phone # please help

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:52 PM ( #108 )

I have some good news; it turns out that the original 3-5 days that the middleman service estimated was inaccurate, and it arrived yesterday, after only 1 day! (I would assume this would vary depending on how many items you purchased and how far away the seller was from the middleman, but I guess it just worked out well this time). I've payed the international shipping fee (only about $5), and it should be here by Mid-September. So excited!

Although I must admit, I'd forgotten to factor in the PayPal fees, so my actual total is closer to $75 AUD, not $65 AUD, but that's still not too bad in comparison to what's coming up on eBay now, and some of the other deals that other middleman services were offering (taking the total up to $80+ AUD). I'll be sure to keep everyone on TamaTalk updated on the progress of the iD L! I'll also post the link to the middleman site once I've received my item (I want to make sure that everything is 100% successful before I start recommending the site to others). :)

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:30 PM ( #109 )

Along with SamJJE, I also have good news... I just got my Tamas today~~ :DDD That was so super fast~~ I believe I order it on Friday, and it took less than a week to arrive~ How awesome~ Here is a quick photo... I wonder if I should open now, or wait till I give my sister her's... Btw, there is a lot of english on the back of them~ It's a little bit odd, but still understandable~

Posted Image

I gave that seller very good feedback and comments~ I'm super happy :D

Edited by superdonut, 23 August 2012 - 07:37 PM.

• graficks and StenoTim like this

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 07:41 PM ( #110 )

hello so im gonna order a english 1 so exited but i tryed to order i made a account but now im trying to buy but it still needs my phone # please help

Are you sure you're signed in? It shouldn't ask you for your number until you are filling in your shipping address. First make sure you are logged in. Then when shipping info comes up, this is how I did my phone number: (area code) - (phone number) - (1).... there are three boxes.... fill it in like that. 1 just means that it's international, I think ... haha... I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if it'll be the same for you

Blade9087

• blade9087 user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:50 PM ( #111 )

Are you sure you're signed in? It shouldn't ask you for your number until you are filling in your shipping address. First make sure you are logged in. Then when shipping info comes up, this is how I did my phone number: (area code) - (phone number) - (1).... there are three boxes.... fill it in like that. 1 just means that it's international, I think ... haha... I live in Canada, so I'm not sure if it'll be the same for you

So what shipping did you use?? standard or the EMS one?

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:07 PM ( #112 )

So what shipping did you use?? standard or the EMS one?

You really should read over my older posts... because I've said it at least two times... haha~ I didn't realize there was a shipping option... the seller contacted me asking for more money after I had paid for the item... so I can't really help you out there... :/

Also, I took a picture of the back, because I thought it was interesting... it says it does not include batteries, and... it's not intended for sales in US, Canada and Europe... haha~ I opened up mine (the blue one) and yeah, no batteries... the packaging is exactly like the Japanese one, with room for the batteries. Luckily, I have spare AAA batteries, so I tried it out~ Everything is pretty similar and looks great~ Some words are not translated exactly as it, like the running game which the Japanese is something like "Aim for the goal" but the English one is translated as "Run and Jump" or something like that.... Also, the tamagotchi's name doesn't show up at all in the status... oh well :/

Posted Image

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:36 AM ( #113 )

@superdonut: Great to see that you've already received your English Tamagotchi iD Ls! Nice colours; I was thinking about getting Green, but ultimately decided to go with White. I just hope that the Green Tamagotchi P is nice!

Also, that "Not intended for sales..." notice opens it up for release in Oceania (Australia and New Zealand), although when I asked Australia's main Bandai Distribution brand, they said that there were no plans to distribute the Tamagotchi iD L in Australia. Still, anything could happen...

In other news, my Tamagotchi iD L has been shipped! I've been given a tracking number, and I'm now just awaiting it for it to arrive. So exciting! :)
  • *Hayden* likes this

KuroMame

• kuromame user photo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:44 AM ( #114 )

I just have to say, I am very glad these aren't fakes. It seemed too good to be true at first! -KuroMame

Mamapatchi

• mamapatchi user photo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:09 AM ( #115 )

Would this website work for England?

Blade9087

• blade9087 user photo

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:21 PM ( #116 )

99$ if i want to buy 1 omg im gonna wait till they come to ebay so much money but i got my japanese id l and probably getting another 1 or a TMC+C

graficks

• graficks user photo

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:10 AM ( #117 )

Since users have now discovered this is an official release from Bandai and the Tamagotchi is no longer being questioned as a fake, I'm going to move this topic to the "Comments and Rumors" subforum.

*Topic moved to 'Comments and Rumors'*

There have been a few other topics created similar to this over in that subforum, so to eliminate repeat topics from popping up, I'll move this topic over there. I'll also edit the title of the topic to reflect the changes we've discovered (the original title was a question if the Tama was real or fake). The new title will read, "Tamagotchi ID L in English".

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 25 August 2012 - 09:19 PM ( #118 )

Ooooh nice~ Hahaha~!

I gave my sister her tama today.... I opened with something like "Oh, I came home one day and found this in the mail" and I tossed it at her... and she was super ecstatic! And I told her to read the box, and she was like "But it's all Japanese...." and then realized it was in English~ She was soooo happy~ Hahaha~! We started them both up and played a couple games, and I sent her a present from my Japanese tama to her English one... We both started with girls, and they both evolved to the same toddler... we don't live together, so I'm curious to see which adults we end up with... ^^
  • StenoTim likes this

Blue tama1234

• blue-tama1234 user photo

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:42 AM ( #119 )

Cool So The Japanese and Hong Kong can Connect .
: )

Edited by Blue tama1234, 26 August 2012 - 08:43 AM.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:53 PM ( #120 )

Okay, so I managed to take a couple of photos of the new English iD L I got the other day... I gave my sister the green one, so it's not in this photoshoot... haha~

Posted Image
Comparing the two boxes side by side... They are pretty much similar on the front, except for the color.

Posted Image
A little blurry, sorry... But the back side~

Posted Image
Also a little blurry, the instruction manuals side by side...

Posted Image
Some shots of the inside... as you can see, the English is actually pretty good~

Posted Image
There is still a few words that aren't translated quite well, but overall, it's fine~

Posted Image
I just like the way Lovelitchi confesses to him... haha~~

Continued in next post....