Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

superdonut

• superdonut user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:53 PM ( #121 )

Posted Image
My only problem with the English one is that it doesn't include the name of the Tama you are raising... There is just a blank spot... But it's a small small problem~ Haha

Posted Image
In the Japanese iD L, this pie is actually Pumpkin Pie... but in the English one, they translated it as Sweet Pie... Once again, a small detail... haha~ I just like to point it out = =++

Posted Image
As you can see, the Japanese tama was able to connect to the English one... And the English one recognizes the Japanese text, and vice versa

Posted Image
Haha, a photo of the two together~

Posted Image
Both going to the TamaDepa

Posted Image
Aw, he's such a big fan~

Posted Image
What a jerk~ Getting my hopes up like that... haha

Okay, that's all the photos I took today~ If you are interested in anything else, let me know, and I'll take a photo of that~ Haha~ Overall, I'm really pleased with the English one~ It was slightly cheaper than the Japanese one, but just take note that the English one does not come with batteries! Any other questions, let me know! :D
  • booboo1, The Lost Sean, Jessizxz and 1 other like this

graficks

• graficks user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:18 PM ( #122 )

Thanks for all the great pictures, superdonut! Glad to see you're having a positive experience with the new English ID L.

The Lost Sean

• the-lost-sean user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 01:06 AM ( #123 )

Awesome pictures!

Amarisje

• amarisje user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:52 AM ( #124 )

Great pictures...i wish i had one :(

babymango

• babymango user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 03:56 AM ( #125 )

In Singapore the place I bought from is in a normal mall n it's in English for my IDl
  • Blue tama1234 likes this

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:59 AM ( #126 )

In Singapore the place I bought from is in a normal mall n it's in English for my IDl

Yeah, I heard from somewhere that there are English iDLs out in Singapore...I wasn't sure if it was true or not...

babymango

• babymango user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:38 AM ( #127 )

Yeah, I heard from somewhere that there are English iDLs out in Singapore...I wasn't sure if it was true or not...

It's true becoz I jus got it today from my neighborhood mall omg (>,<) but rite now there is nothing to download other than the jap IDL downloads

If u all wan I can help u all get so jus PM me so far the place I got onli have pink, blue, purple

Edited by babymango, 27 August 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Blue tama1234

• blue-tama1234 user photo

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:16 PM ( #128 )

Cool Pictures Superdonut !!!

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:23 AM ( #129 )

If these are fake, they're very well done - not like the obvious, sloppy JD fakes that we hear so much about. I checked the features of that against those of my 15th Anniversary iD L - all perfect, down to the smallest sparkle on the faceplate. Whoever made these English iD Ls is a lot smarter (and listens to the fans a lot more!) than whoever in BanDai America is supporting Tamagotchi L.I.F.E! I won't be buying one because I know it sounds weird but it wouldn't be the same without Japanese...and I'm still not sure if these are just very realistic fakes. Since they're not completely lame and sloppy, if these are fake BanDai Japan is going to get really mad at whoever is making them.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 29 August 2012 - 01:33 AM ( #130 )

If these are fake, they're very well done - not like the obvious, sloppy JD fakes that we hear so much about. I checked the features of that against those of my 15th Anniversary iD L - all perfect, down to the smallest sparkle on the faceplate. Whoever made these English iD Ls is a lot smarter (and listens to the fans a lot more!) than whoever in BanDai America is supporting Tamagotchi L.I.F.E! I won't be buying one because I know it sounds weird but it wouldn't be the same without Japanese...and I'm still not sure if these are just very realistic fakes. Since they're not completely lame and sloppy, if these are fake BanDai Japan is going to get really mad at whoever is making them.

They're not fakes; Bandai Japan and Bandai America aren't the only two Bandai branches, there are many others, including Bandai Asia, who were the ones behind the release of the English Tamagotchi iD L. They are very much genuine. :)
  • Jessizxz likes this

Blue tama1234

• blue-tama1234 user photo

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:16 AM ( #131 )

I don't think there fakes . BanDai America is to lazy , if they wanted to they could just put the Hk ver. in English places . Again , there might be a Tmgc+c , iD verions , Hexagontchi , iD L , & iD L Anni <<< In English .

Edited by Blue tama1234, 29 August 2012 - 08:17 AM.

• QualinCarter likes this

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:35 PM ( #132 )

They're released by a market that has demand for Tamagotchis, but they don't speak Japanese. English is an official language of Hong Kong, so it's much easier to make an English version which would have appeal outside of Hong Kong (including the rest of the Asian market that speaks neither Japanese nor Chinese), as well. Not to mention that it's more practical than adding the necessary hanzi to the iD L's limited memory.
  • Simmie likes this

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo

Posted 29 August 2012 - 10:57 PM ( #133 )

I am asking if someone can do me a huge favor pretty please? This may seem a little too much, but can someone take photos/ pics of all the pages in the English iDL manual? I am really sorry, but I just got a Japanese iDL and I don't understand a word at all in the manual. I really wish to understand the manual/ booklet............ But if you can't, then it's fine. I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.
  • joshnemo likes this

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:06 AM ( #134 )

I am asking if someone can do me a huge favor pretty please? This may seem a little too much, but can someone take photos/ pics of all the pages in the English iDL manual? I am really sorry, but I just got a Japanese iDL and I don't understand a word at all in the manual. I really wish to understand the manual/ booklet............ But if you can't, then it's fine. I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.

I have an English Tamagotchi iD L on the way. It should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post scans of the instruction manual.
  • joshnemo, SamJJE101 and StenoTim like this

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:22 AM ( #135 )

I don't mean to trouble you at all. I just really don't want to end up throwing away the Japanese manual just because I don't understand it.

Understanding the manual isn't much of an issue really; the Tamagotchi iD L functions similarly to most Tamagotchi, and the new features don't take a lot to get used too. If you're having trouble, there are a ton of videos on YouTube and online guides and translations that should help you navigate through the iD L with ease. Even still, I wouldn't throw away the Japanese manual, for sentimental purposes, if nothing else. You can just keep it stored away in the box. :)

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:49 AM ( #136 )

I have an English Tamagotchi iD L on the way. It should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post scans of the instruction manual.

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:08 AM ( #137 )

Understanding the manual isn't much of an issue really; the Tamagotchi iD L functions similarly to most Tamagotchi, and the new features don't take a lot to get used too. If you're having trouble, there are a ton of videos on YouTube and online guides and translations that should help you navigate through the iD L with ease. Even still, I wouldn't throw away the Japanese manual, for sentimental purposes, if nothing else. You can just keep it stored away in the box. :)

I get what you are saying. I had already seen online guides. But it wasn't enough, cause they don't have an actual picture/ photo of the manual while they are describing it. And on the other hand, the problem with Youtube is that..........I have a very old computer that hasn't been updated eversince 2002. So when I watch Youtube videos, the image on the video wouldn't stop skipping and jumping. It's just so frustrating for me. I just don't want to miss out on what the information means in the Japanese manual.....and only in the Japanese manual. So I need translations .......and with photos.

graficks

• graficks user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:30 AM ( #138 )

My Green iDLE arrived yesterday courtesy of fellow member ichiro.malfoy. What a gem! Too bad I won't have time to run it for the next while. C'est la vie!

Posted Image
  • booboo1, Pantheratchi and Blue tama1234 like this

Pantheratchi

• pantheratchi user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:19 PM ( #139 )

Aaaw graficks that is so beautiful!! Hopefully I will receive mine soon......

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:49 PM ( #140 )

Yeah, I have ordered mine and Pantheratchi's too. Im about to pay now and hopefully receive it in a few days. :D Im going to be doing a lot of different things on Tama Village regarding the ID L-E, with comparisons and instruction uploads.