Photo

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:40 PM ( #141 )

Great news, graficks! Glad you were able to get yours. Definitely loving the green shell! :)

superdonut

• superdonut user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:15 PM ( #142 )

My Green iDLE arrived yesterday courtesy of fellow member ichiro.malfoy. What a gem! Too bad I won't have time to run it for the next while. C'est la vie!
Posted Image

Yay~~ Congrats~~ I was surprised at how nice the green one really is~~

Guard

• guard user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:48 PM ( #143 )

guys! you can buy them in english here-

http://item.taobao.c...6_3k1_786103316

I used a money converter form yen to US dollar, and it equaled about $4. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong here. How much do they really cost? I REALLY want that nice whiteish-silverish one!

Edited by Guard, 30 August 2012 - 07:49 PM.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:50 PM ( #144 )

I used a money converter form yen to US dollar, and it equaled about $4. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong here. How much do they really cost? I REALLY want that nice whiteish-silverish one!

It's not yen that the site is using. If you have read the previous posts, it's Chinese Yuan.

Guard

• guard user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:54 PM ( #145 )

Sounds the same, but I'm only a kid, so I can't get a $57 tama. I told my mom I was saving up for one, but she said it was a huge rip-off and that $57 is too much for ANY toy :( . Can I buy one any where else, for cheaper? I really want one!

Edited by Guard, 30 August 2012 - 08:01 PM.

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 30 August 2012 - 11:27 PM ( #146 )

Hi there! I kinda got pi**ed at myself when I saw that there is an English version of this. I just bought ID L Princess Spacey on eBay and then after I bought it, I saw this! :( anyway, I cannot understand the taobao site. I typed in my address here (I live in Canada) and when I was checking out, the cost for it to ship was 260 Yuan! IDK why! :( And I can't seem to find the dood who helps with online buying.

UPDATE:

I already bought the item for about $83 CAD (526 Yuan) and I think the same dood helped me like he helped superdonut. I was a little eeked about the price but I think it will be worth it.

To all who wants to buy it at taobao: use google chrome Chinese (simplified han) for translation. It'll help A LOT.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 31 August 2012 - 01:21 AM ( #147 )

I don't know if someone else posted this, but I found a more detailed video of the TMGC ID L:

Video
English Tamagotchi ID L
Last Updated Aug 31 2012 01:16 AM

(The Extra video is the more detailed one)

Edited by tamatown123, 31 August 2012 - 01:22 AM.

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:22 PM ( #148 )

Hi everyone! As I posted before, I also had bought on taobao, but I worry that they havent sent me my confirmation of the purchase yet. Is that normal? Please answer. :/

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:38 PM ( #149 )

Yeah, I know... they don't send you any confirmation... but the thing is, they don't charge you until you get the package! Which is awesome!! But when you do get your tama, make sure to go back to the site, and send the receipt... Or something like that. If you are confused later, I can help. But this confirms that you got your package and allows you to give good feedback for the seller. Also, if you sign in, you can see if it's shipped yet, and if it is, you'll see a timer counting down how long till it arrives~

I also think that I was probably one of the first international, or at least, from Canada to order from him... so maybe he just asked me for a standard shipping, but afterwards, realized that it costed him more... so maybe that's why yours is a bit more expensive that mine...? Or perhaps it's because I bought two of them, the shipping is kind of divided among the two, making it seem cheaper. :T Who knows... but if it really is the same seller, he/she is awesome!! :D

Edited by superdonut, 31 August 2012 - 05:39 PM.

• Serrafina_Pekkala and YumikoFang like this

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:44 PM ( #150 )

Thanks for replying superdonut! I've read the whole thread first before buying and I am really excited!! (and broke lol) I told the guy you were my friend because I also live in Canada (TO) and I asked him why was your price lower. hahaha! but I felt guilty and I paid the $83 CAD instead. LOL! I just got my ID L Princess Spacey from Japan today.

Is the whole interface of that and the regular ID L the same? I got the yellow one of the ID L E :)

binary

• binary user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:34 PM ( #151 )

I have an English Tamagotchi iD L on the way. It should be here today or tomorrow. I'll post scans of the instruction manual.

Thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!

These are scans of the Tamagotchi iD L original Chinese & English instruction manual.
front cover
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5
page 6
page 7
page 8
page 9
page 10
page 11
page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
page 17
page 18
page 19
page 20
page 21
page 22
page 23
page 24
page 25
page 26
page 27
page 28
page 29
page 30
page 31
page 32
page 33
page 34
page 35
back cover

Sorry for the poor quality. The manual is somewhat faint, and the font is tiny.
  • YumikoFang and StenoTim like this

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:55 PM ( #152 )

wow binary cool upload!

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:31 PM ( #153 )

Thanks for replying superdonut! I've read the whole thread first before buying and I am really excited!! (and broke lol) I told the guy you were my friend because I also live in Canada (TO) and I asked him why was your price lower. hahaha! but I felt guilty and I paid the $83 CAD instead. LOL! I just got my ID L Princess Spacey from Japan today.
Is the whole interface of that and the regular ID L the same? I got the yellow one of the ID L E :)

As far as I know, it seems exactly the same! The only thing that is different, I pointed out... which is the missing names. I wonder if they just couldn't figure out how to translate it, or thought it wasn't worth it. I make both my tamas do the same thing as the same time, and they are usually in sync perfectly~ hahaha~ I also got my Japanese one married to my English one, and now I'm raising two girls.

I wonder if that guy will get a lot of international sales now~ I don't think he is trying to jip you on the shipping... if I had bought just one, the total would've been about $78 CAN, so $5 more is really not that bad... he probably saw that shipping was a bit more than expected~ I'm also glad you read the posts first before buying, so you knew what to expect! ^__^

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:38 PM ( #154 )

Haha! I told him that he is currently being promoted on our forums LOL!! He seems happy about it and he shipped my tama right away just after I bought if from him. LOL!! How long did you wait for your tamas to get there? Where are you also located in Canada? I'm from Toronto :3

bluegreen

• bluegreen user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:21 PM ( #155 )

Can you buy it at a store or it has to be online?

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:24 PM ( #156 )

I live in Calgary and it came super fast!! It certainly came before the counter predicted! I think it was just under a week! Also, usually if a package doesn't come during the day (before 5pm) I have to wait the next day and see if it will come... but I actually got mine at 7:30 at night! It was really weird to get a package at that time, but so convenient since I was at home~

Hardcore Tama

• hardcore-tama user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:27 PM ( #157 )

I live in Calgary and it came super fast!! It certainly came before the counter predicted! I think it was just under a week! Also, usually if a package doesn't come during the day (before 5pm) I have to wait the next day and see if it will come... but I actually got mine at 7:30 at night! It was really weird to get a package at that time, but so convenient since I was at home~

Haha! I told him that he is currently being promoted on our forums LOL!! He seems happy about it and he shipped my tama right away just after I bought if from him. LOL!! How long did you wait for your tamas to get there? Where are you also located in Canada? I'm from Toronto :3

What is your sellers name?

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 PM ( #158 )

I bought mine from here: http://item.taobao.c...6_3k1_786103316 and the store's name is 以诺玩具 which seems to translate to Enoch Toys through Google Chrome

Edit: Guess the Chinese text just doesn't what to show up :T

Edited by superdonut, 31 August 2012 - 09:32 PM.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:31 PM ( #159 )

Yeah, I know... they don't send you any confirmation... but the thing is, they don't charge you until you get the package!

Can you tell me the name of the person you spoke to and also how was it that you were able to not get billed until you received the product? Like did you have to do anything special for that or was that just because you talked to the right person?
I have promised money coming in a few days but I was getting so impatient that when I read this it was like a little "your good to go order ahead" light bulb but then I went to order and I had made an account but after that I was super confused.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 09:38 PM ( #160 )

Can you tell me the name of the person you spoke to and also how was it that you were able to not get billed until you received the product? Like did you have to do anything special for that or was that just because you talked to the right person?
I have promised money coming in a few days but I was getting so impatient that when I read this it was like a little "your good to go order ahead" light bulb but then I went to order and I had made an account but after that I was super confused.

I just linked the seller in my previous post... The site is similar to ebay, but instead, they take payment when you confirm you've received the package. While ordering it, I made several posts about it, so it's useful to go through this thread and really study up if you wanna buy it~ Haha~ But I'm here to help you out if you need it~