Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi iD L in English

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:03 PM ( #161 )

When translated by Google Chrome (the translation is odd and funny) "first-class food material" that's the seller's name. LOL.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:53 PM ( #162 )

I just linked the seller in my previous post... The site is similar to ebay, but instead, they take payment when you confirm you've received the package. While ordering it, I made several posts about it, so it's useful to go through this thread and really study up if you wanna buy it~ Haha~ But I'm here to help you out if you need it~

Ok well my boyfriend has been trying to figure this out like for and hour and I read all your posts and you said that once you made an account it didn't ask for your phone number but I'm logged in and it's still asking and it also keeps saying it's incorrect or something, same with the address and name. Here's what I'm talking about (except for some odd reason this time the address worked but maybe that's because I didn't include the country this time but then how are they supposed to know what country i'm in?):
Posted Image
obviously I blacked out my info but I'm in desperate need of help :/

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:40 AM ( #163 )

When entering your street address, you can't put City, State/province or anything like that... it must be JUST the street address... so that's why I had to contact the seller to make sure he had the full address. Also, for the phone number, you need area code first, then phone number, and then ext... well, like it says. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I know that my extension is 1. So that seemed to work... BTW, I don't think the phone number is really mandatory. Hopefully that helps you out :T

ovxii

• ovxii user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:00 AM ( #164 )

I think this Taobao seller is charging ridiculous price for shipping now. I have relatives in China, and I know for international express shipping (whether DHL, EMS, or similar), it's usually around ~150 RMB for something the size/weight of the ID L. The fact that this seller is charging more than double for shipping is kind of unreasonable/greedy(?) to me, I don't know if it's their tactic to rip foreigners off but I know it's an issue I've experienced in the past with Taobao sellers. I live in Toronto as well and when I bought it from another seller it was 158 RMB shipped from the same location (in this case, 广东广州 or Guangzhou, Guangdong Province to Toronto) via DHL.

Just wanted to point it out in case anyone is wondering about the ridiculous shipping cost!

Brittygotchi

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:11 AM ( #165 )

When entering your street address, you can't put City, State/province or anything like that... it must be JUST the street address... so that's why I had to contact the seller to make sure he had the full address. Also, for the phone number, you need area code first, then phone number, and then ext... well, like it says. I don't know if it's the same for you, but I know that my extension is 1. So that seemed to work... BTW, I don't think the phone number is really mandatory. Hopefully that helps you out :T

Oh well I understand now for the street address but Nothing I do about the name or phone number works, I put in my number with the area code, and also with the extension, and I also tried leaving it blank, but it still says the same thing :/
How did you contact the seller?

Edit: I found the IM to contact the seller but they aren't online, and I figured out the issue with the phone number but ended up having to use my boyfriend's name (idk why?) but 41 USD FOR SHIPPING IS REDICULOUS ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?
I'm going to try and have a word with the seller before I click anything else!

Edited by Brittygotchi, 01 September 2012 - 09:24 AM.

jennyxxfasho

• jennyxxfasho user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:40 AM ( #166 )

Really? That is awesome!! You got it off of E-bay? Hmm.....I'd like to have one like yours! ( Since I don't speak Japanese and I really want one. ) Will you send photos of your Tamagotchi iD? It seems really interesting!!

+[ b r u t a l ]+

• b-r-u-t-a-l user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:58 AM ( #167 )

Practically drooling over these pictures guys! =W= This new release is very exciting news for all of us. I'm so stoked!

The white packaging looks so pretty and refreshing ( at least, I think it's much nicer than the Japanese one ) and the English is quite a lot more decent than I imagined. ^__^

Pink would be my first choice, but the green doesn't look so bad either... I'd probably go for purple though, so I wonder how that would look in person. >;o

( I would love to read a log about one of these by the way! :D )

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 10:25 AM ( #168 )

I wonder why the shipping is so much now... $40 CAN.... maybe it really does cost that much, and he made a mistake on my shipping? :T Or maybe he's discouraging international sales? That's unfortunate :/ I only paid about $22 CAN for the two to be shipped here....

StenoTim

• stenotim user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:07 AM ( #169 )

Yeah, looks like the seller's trying to gouge us on the shipping, now. EMS from China to the USA is not that much for such a small, lightweight item.

Brittygotchi

Posted 01 September 2012 - 11:09 AM ( #170 )

I found another seller on taobao who is selling their's for 58 USD but it said free shipping. I messaged them asking if they ship overseas and I also added that I would be willing to pay 140 yuan (about 22 USD) for shipment to the US. I also sent a message to the seller that superdonut and everyone else here seems to be buying from asking if he could lower the shipping price because it seems rather unreasonable. But since it's like midnight over there, I'm going to have to wait a bit for a reply lol.

superdonut

• superdonut user photo

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:37 PM ( #171 )

Yeah, really... don't know what shipping should be from there to North America, but $40 does seem a bit much... I hope that seller helps you out~

On a side note, today is my birthday, and both my Tamas had their birthday signs up. At one point, the Japanese one played the Happy Birthday song for me... while the English one played the music that plays when you get a happy sticker... haha... wonder why the English one omitted the Happy Birthday song....

Brittygotchi

Posted 01 September 2012 - 01:17 PM ( #172 )

Yeah, really... don't know what shipping should be from there to North America, but $40 does seem a bit much... I hope that seller helps you out~

On a side note, today is my birthday, and both my Tamas had their birthday signs up. At one point, the Japanese one played the Happy Birthday song for me... while the English one played the music that plays when you get a happy sticker... haha... wonder why the English one omitted the Happy Birthday song....

Idk that's a little strange, it could be the same reason that restaurants can't sing you happy birthday? (or at least I know they can't in the US)

liangjpop

• liangjpop user photo

Posted 03 September 2012 - 08:26 AM ( #173 )

These are scans of the Tamagotchi iD L original Chinese & English instruction manual.
front cover
page 2
page 3
page 4
page 5
page 6
page 7
page 8
page 9
page 10
page 11
page 12
page 13
page 14
page 15
page 16
page 17
page 18
page 19
page 20
page 21
page 22
page 23
page 24
page 25
page 26
page 27
page 28
page 29
page 30
page 31
page 32
page 33
page 34
page 35
back cover

Sorry for the poor quality. The manual is somewhat faint, and the font is tiny.

Thank you Thank you. The images are very clear. And I used Microsoft Word to enlarge the font and pictures.

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 September 2012 - 09:29 AM ( #174 )

I just noticed something from reading the manual. The HK version of the iD L has taken out the death screen (altar) and replaced it with the goodbye letter (similar to when the Tamagotchi runs away).

Moussette

• moussette user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:36 AM ( #175 )

I ordered mine yesterday ! (with a Taobao agent. I hope it will work, i've never ordered anything using agents)
Can't wait to receive it ! I keep you on track

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 07:23 PM ( #176 )

I have received mine just this Tuesday. I ordered it Friday I think. Weekend plus labour day not counted. It'll come fast. How much did you pay for it?

Moussette

• moussette user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:03 PM ( #177 )

It costed me 57 € ( almost 69$ agent % inclueded)
But for now, I haven't paid the shipping fees from china to france *cries* I don't know how much it will cost (a lot I guess)

YumikoFang

• yumikofang user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:41 PM ( #178 )

ohh shipping not yet included? I paid $83 canadian dollars for mine. I still feel it's too much. :(

Moussette

• moussette user photo

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:55 PM ( #179 )

Yeah the taobao agent will make me pay the shipping fees later, when he receives the Tama, and before sending back to me.

It's quite expensive I have to admit but.... It's worth it I guess !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

huwainicute

• huwainicute user photo

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:40 AM ( #180 )

I just bought the english version of this from Metro in Singapore.The price was S$69.90 but there were discounts so i bought it for S$55.95 which is around US$44.94?Shockingly its cheap!Yay finally got my blue although there was someone staring at me when i bought it,probably thinking im out of my mind to buy a toy for my current age :angry: but who cares?! Tamagotchis for the win!! :D
  • Purimatchi! and StenoTim like this