Tamagotchi Mini: Contrast is too high!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamanyc83

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just received the Tamagotchi Mini I bought on EBay, and the screen is awkwardly dark. It's really hard so see anything... Do you guys have any similar problem with your Tamagotchi Minis?

Yep, i have the same issue and posted a similar topic about it before. Apparently that's normal. I wonder if it's because the screen is so small. Kinda disappointing....

Thanks for the answer. I don't get it, I bought it because i watched a video on youtube where the contrast seemed fine. But honestly, it's almost unusable. I have to look at the screen from a weird angle to see the tama. I tried with several different batteries, didn't change anything. Big big disappointment.

Oh you probably saw the same review I did. Was her Mini pink or orange? I noticed it, too, looked so clear, yet in person it's awfully dark. I think she just got lucky.

Yup. There are two reviews on Facebook, and the screen just look like normal Tamagotchis. Do you know anyone else who has the same problem?

Sometimes photos/videos can "lie"; they might have been taken at a correct angle/lighting. Too bad the Minis don't have a contrast adjustment screen :(

I have a Mini but still inside the box; I'll try to run it and check back with you guys.

As promised, I untabbed my Mini... sadly mine also has quite an aggressive contrast as well.

mini1_zpsd8ef45b0.jpg

Then yeah, it seems to be a common issue with the Minis. I wonder why they're so high in contrast....

But if you ask me, I'd recommend the Nano as well - better contrast, more detailed sprites and a built-in minigame :)

Well, I'll keep the mini for my collection and buy a nano. This is always hard to find a nano that's not too expensive.

Huh, i guess not all Minis have that problem. I got another Mini which was in a lot I had won and tested it and surprisingly it's very clear on the screen.

https://imgur.com/Fjqjgvy

Never really seen this shell design either, so I don't know if it's rare or not. It also sounds different, like the beep is lower pitch than the blue. Different country? European mini maybe?

Well, it still looks pretty dark, don't you think? When I google "Tamagotchi mini", all the pictures I find are really dark actually. That is so weird. Would you advise buying a nano?

The blue is dark the black is clear. I couldn't do much of a better picture, sadly. :(

Never played with a Nano, but every time I've seen video of them, they're clear. Only thing is they're in Japanese, but they're so simple that it's really no problem. Also they only go from I think baby to adult, so there's no real growth stages, no child, no teen. To me it kinda seems meh in that aspect--might be fine for collecting but I don't know if I'd enjoy playing with it for long.

Here's the 'growth chart.' https://i45.tinypic.com/20upy11.png

Since I have you there and that you're such an expert, what do you think of the Tamagotchi ID L? I won yesterday an auction on Ebay for an IDL for 25 dollars, so I am really excited. Do you own one? If yes, do you like it?

I have 2 ID Ls, both in English, and I really like them. Sadly due to starting classes + working a job that is not 'vpet friendly' in which they could get damaged, I've had to tab up all my pets and put them away as they just end up paused for days on end. But I have them and I like them and if you scored one for that price and all that's a heck of a deal. They grow pretty quick and never turn into an Oldie, so that can be good or bad depending on what you prefer, but they're interesting for sure. I haven't downloaded into anything to them, but I'm sure doing that makes them even better. Also the growth chart is nice and diverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back