Bad luck with purchasing Tamas on ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahnee

Reaction score
I am really just ranting here, getting it off my chest.

First I ordered a blue Tama-go first wave on ebay, about a week after I was supposed to get it and still had not I emailed the seller and asked whats up. Turned out she recently moved and misplaced it, was hoping to find it again but could not. She offered to send me a white Tama-go instead. Mmmkay. Accepted the offer, but a blue one really would have been my first choice.

Now I also bought a new in package V2 for about $50 and was excited to get it yesterday - to then realize that it actually is only a V1. Its kind of cute too but it really does not have that much I can do with it -_-

Anyways. Bad luck I guess.

I'm sorry that happened. I've had similar and worse experiences. I recently bought and had to return a blue camo v3 Tamagotchi. The seller stated the condition to be "good." When i got it, the back wasn't the original battery cover, there was food gunk inside the unit and under the cover, and the Tama wouldn't stay on with a new battery. After much hassle, i finally was able to return it--at first i wasn't even going to get my shipping refunded, but did when i pressed the issue, saying what the seller did was basically fraudulent by listing something and being false in the listing, so then I was able to get reimbursed that was well. Lo and behold, the guy relisted the Tamagotchi, and all he did was add "Good and has a pink back cover." So if you see that listing, beware, that Tamagotchi doesn't work and is in poor shape. I managed to get lucky and got an identical one from another seller at about the same price and it looks practically new.

Thing is, looking for it, I don't even see it up now, so I think some poor soul ended up buying it. I feel sorry for this person who will get it now.

I've also gotten Tamagotchi/virtual pet lots where pets haven't worked or were broken in some way, but then again that's the risk you take. I managed to get some of them working, which was good. The others I keep around for spare parts, and they've come in handy.

I am probably keeping the V1, its kind of cute but also boring. Not much happening with it and not much to do.

Just bought a blue Sweet Candy Lollipop V2 used on ebay and hope this will be a better experience. It is the first time I am buying a used Tama as so far I have been afraid of doing so because I thought what happened to you might happen to me also but keeping my fingers crossed.

Used is hit and miss. Best thing to do are follow these rules when buying ANYTHING on Ebay or any site with merchants:

• Always check the seller's feedback. If they have below 100%, look up their neutrals and negatives, see the reasons why they were marked down. It's not recommended to buy from anyone below 90-95%.
  • Look at the detail of how the item is described. If all they did was copy and paste the generic description of the item that is on the package, be leery--you want a description of how the item really is, condition, etc
  • Look at the pictures. If they're stock photos I would be cautious. Make sure they're real photos they actually took, and make sure no one else is listing the item with the same photo as that means someone stole someone's photo. You can even ask for more photos--most sellers who care will actually give you more detailed pictures of the item, it doesn't hurt to ask.
  • Look at return policies and see if you're covered by the Ebay Buyer Protection. The more days they give you for a return, the better, but some have certain rules in their descriptions--READ THEM!
  • ASK QUESTIONS! When in doubt, contact the seller and ask about the item. If they don't respond in 2-3 days, I would assume they don't care enough about their customers to give them 2 minutes of their time. This can lead to problems in the future if there's an issue with the item or transaction and possibly lead to filed claims
I hope my advice helps in future purchases. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back