What makes a good Tamagotchi log?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RNBWprincess

Reaction score
Every time I have started a log I would find it to be a hard task because I didn't know when to log and I wasn't sure if I'd remember every milestone-like thing my tamagotchi achieved that day.

If I have to post about [almost] everything my tamagotchi does, I might get bored!

Another thing is is that I like to run only one tama at a time, for some reason I'm not sure of.

Can anyone give me tips on what makes a good log?

How to make your logging experience more fun?

What if I decide I want my tamagotchi to be an oldie? How on earth could I log about that?

Enlighten me. ^_^

Every time I have started a log I would find it to be a hard task because I didn't know when to log and I wasn't sure if I'd remember every milestone-like thing my tamagotchi achieved that day.

If I have to post about [almost] everything my tamagotchi does, I might get bored!

Another thing is is that I like to run only one tama at a time, for some reason I'm not sure of.

Can anyone give me tips on what makes a good log?

How to make your logging experience more fun?

What if I decide I want my tamagotchi to be an oldie? How on earth could I log about that?

Enlighten me. ^_^
It depends.

Logging, I believe, should be for your benefit. You do it because it's fun, because you like keeping a diary about your Tamagotchis, or whatever reason you have.

There is not any fixed style to logging; some people prefer just writing it out, some people like making their Tamagotchis talk in posts (known as "conversation logs"), and some people primarily focus on pictures and narration. A good log can be many things, and it depends on the person, but one of the only things I think is a must in a good log is proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation. That makes anything (logs, stories, essays, fanfiction, etc) easier and more fun to read.

In order to make logging fun, you should just do what YOU want to do, not what anybody else wants. Don't do it just to get attention or get popular. If you like taking pictures and posting them? Go ahead. If writing conversations is your thing? You go do that (just don't copy people's ideas in a conversation log. That's a huge no-no).

I personally log because it's a way for me to unwind and write about things I want to write about. I don't like having to write about one specific thing; I like writing about a large variety of things in one piece (hence the weirdness of my log). I log because it's fun, and it's what keeps me running Tamagotchis so they get their money's worth of use.

If you want your Tamagotchi to be an oldie, you can go do that. It might be easier just to post pictures once in a while of your oldie doing some animation or using an item or something...that's usually sufficient for a post.

If you're still not sure, go look around TT, TZ, tumblr, or other places for logs to draw inspiration from. TT for sure has a pretty big variety of logs (some pictures, some written, some conversation), as does TZ. Read people's logs, comment about them, ask questions!

That's pretty much all I have to say about logging. it's a lot. :p

Hey!

Since i am currently running a log, i know what it is like! :D It is hard sometimes to get into it and log all the time, take pictures and actually run a tama while you are busy with school/uni/work! The way i get through it, is i take little breaks from tamagotchi in between. Especially if i have exams or something important coming up. But i always make sure to go back to my log and run a tama so that my log stays on the first page and keeps getting views!

Some things to remember if you want to make and run a log, is to try and stay on top of it so that it doesn't go to a page where it won't be noticed and it will get some views! Also, if you have troubles remembering all the things you and your tama have done; you can always write them down in a notebook, or take pics which usually help to jog your memory!

If you want to get a oldie on your tama, that should be no problem! You could always just take pics of it's progress and fun things you did with it. With oldies, you probably wouldn't have to log as much, because oldies do really do that much :D

Hope i helped in some way!

Sakura <3

As previous people have said, you can do pictures or Tama conversations or both. What I think you really should do (but many members don't do!) is:

• Put your log in the right section (Tamagotchi Logs)
  • Use correct spelling and punctuation as much as possible
  • Update it at least once every 2 weeks, otherwise it's really hard to keep track of it and you end up missing loads out
  • Make sure that the majority of posts are actually about the virtual pet(s) being logged
  • If you don't post photos, be able to describe characters you get
  • Keep some kind of a regular time period between updates - don't post twice a day then suddenly not post for a week
  • Make sure the basic information (evolutions, marriages etc.) comes before photos or conversations
  • Photos must be small enough so it doesn't cause loading problems or make them difficult to see
  • If you're logging more than one virtual pet, be clear which is which in photos, conversations or stats
  • Try to keep one virtual pet going for at least a generation. If you're constantly switching, people will lose interest
  • Don't get angry if you don't get many followers or high ratings
  • Include something other than just the basics, but don't make long lists of everything your virtual pet(s) did
  • Have some variety; don't talk about the same thing every post or people will get bored
  • Always be enthusiastic and don't log if you don't want to!

I have one thing I guess.

Many people tend to over-advertise their logs. Sure you can advertise it, but keep it balanced. There's no need for you to put it everywhere. Just put it on a Status Update or something, and if people follow, great! If they don't -- Well you can just try improving it. No need to get angry about no one following (Like the above post said.)

Also, I see a number of people doing "competition" between their logs and others. Logs are not about competition. When you have a nice break, you post about your Tamas. It's not about who has the most followers or who has the best posts. It's just for fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back