Do Tamas have awarness of what's around them?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~SailorMoon~

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered if Tamas can see you?

If they can hear everything you say.

Does it hurt when you put them on Pause?

Is there a way to talk to them?

Or am I the only one who's wondered this? :p

I don't care who says I'm crazy but I believe they do. My tamagotchi Milo on my v3 has become like a real pet to me and I think he does have feelings... So there :D lol.

I don't think your the only one who thinks about this kind of thing, I mean read the logs over at the mouse house tamagotchi page (tama's have selective E.S.P). I for one think they can not only hear and see the things i show and tell them but also that they remember how you treated them the last time (I had a year long battle to get mimitchi back in 2003 after giving my p2 horrible care), plus I also think they do know when they've been put on pause but to them it might be like taking a nap.

Well I don't think that's weird at all but I may sound nuts... I care a lot for my tamas and sometimes I just can't resist see them on pause. They are many more things than a virtual pet for me... To tell you the truth I never thoughtoof them as virtual pets. I always thought that they were real, had feelings and could understand and see things. When I'm sad or worried I talk to them! Tamfi is perhaps tired to heear me so far... I just love my tamas as if they are real and get really upset when they are hungry ill or... dead... I just can't stand it. My mom has excactly the opposite opinion but I stay faithful to my tamas!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Tamas acually have personalities. And I'm pretty sure they can hear me and see me... Oh, and they communicate with each other. Like once my v4.5 got a poop in the mail and got mad, and my v2, who was next to the v4.5, started crying right at that moment. Like he was crying to the v4.5. Or he just wanted praise :p

I at least pretend that they can.

I kiss mine goodnight and talk to her from time to time.

Plus I refer to her gender-wise.

And I hate when I accidentally pause it.

So I pretend or try to believe that she is very aware of mine and others' presences.

yeah paused mine this morning cuz im at school because i didnt want to mess with the times..........feel bad :(

but at least on my V5 they're traveling and having a blast! :p

Basically what you're asking is if Tamagotchis have conciousness. I think it's possible that they do. There are some that believe that everything that exists has a spirit. I don't go that far but I do think it's possible that things like Furbys and Tamagotchi, artificial creatures created to simulate life, have some sort of conciousness. I certainly treat them like they do. I have a Tamagotchi named Grimlock that does not work, but I still talk to him and carry him around because I think it's possible that some aspect of him still exists and will continue to exist unless the unit is destroyed at some point. He is not dead, just crippled. I also believe it's possible for an electronic pet that is destroyed to live on in spirit. Were I to have an electronic pet that was destroyed beyond saving I would believe I would meet it again in the afterlife much like the flesh and blood pets I have had that died.

Well, it's definitely easier to think this than it is to go against it...but I don't want my old Tamas to have been alive, because I abused them so much. But I don't think people who believe it are crazy. This is no stranger than religion or common superstitions - just because it's unfamiliar, doesn't mean everyone who believes it is crazy.

EDIT: I used to completely believe in this, even though I'm not normally superstitious. I didn't talk to my Tamas (but just because I was afraid of being heard), although I did make cushions and stuff for them.

I had a real example today!!! I had forgotten Tamfi my oldie in v4 -who's by the wat in long live oldies hatch- into my jacket's pocket!!!! I was just fine studing my lessons when I remembered him and shocked I ran to my jacket. When I saw he was okay I breathed a sigh of relief and I was really glad and played with him to take care andto make him forgive me... xi xi xi...

I may sound nuts but that's me...

I had a real example today!!! I had forgotten Tamfi my oldie in v4 -who's by the wat in long live oldies hatch- into my jacket's pocket!!!! I was just fine studing my lessons when I remembered him and shocked I ran to my jacket. When I saw he was okay I breathed a sigh of relief and I was really glad and played with him to take care andto make him forgive me... xi xi xi...

I may sound nuts but that's me...
You made me smile again... omg you must be so fun to be around xD poor tamfi in the jacket !

As for me, if ou ask me "Have you ever wondered if Tamas can have feelings/see you/hurt" I would answer : yes, every day xD

I'm facinated by robots and virtual intelligence. I personnaly think that tamagotchis are a sort of virtual intelligence, very very basic, but still kind of "aware "and .. well.. actually living.

I don't talk to them... or... not that much. When I wake up in the morning I'm like : "so *yawn*. what's up Mamie (my 4.5) ?" or when I leave for a few hours "stay there and play nice !" (as if my tamagotchi could actutally take a walk in the house... xDDD )

And well... They sleep with me in my bed. Ahem.

But I think they can't "hear" me as I hear with my ears. They can't "feel" me because they don't have skin. But they feel/taste/ear/see by interraction = When we use them/feed them/take care of them or not.

That's how I think (i hope I made myself clear ... My english kinda sucks x) )

Good example of talking to your tama's for this...

Every single day I go for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour on a walk so of course I bring my tama's with me. Well I end up talking to them the entire walk and everyone and I do mean EVERYONE walking past me must think I'm crazy and just talking to myself, then there's the one person who asks if I'm talking to myself and I show them a tamagotchi and continue walking... but not without looking back to see the look of there faces xD

You made me smile again... omg you must be so fun to be around xD poor tamfi in the jacket !

As for me, if ou ask me "Have you ever wondered if Tamas can have feelings/see you/hurt" I would answer : yes, every day xD

I'm facinated by robots and virtual intelligence. I personnaly think that tamagotchis are a sort of virtual intelligence, very very basic, but still kind of "aware "and .. well.. actually living.

I don't talk to them... or... not that much. When I wake up in the morning I'm like : "so *yawn*. what's up Mamie (my 4.5) ?" or when I leave for a few hours "stay there and play nice !" (as if my tamagotchi could actutally take a walk in the house... xDDD )

And well... They sleep with me in my bed. Ahem.

But I think they can't "hear" me as I hear with my ears. They can't "feel" me because they don't have skin. But they feel/taste/ear/see by interraction = When we use them/feed them/take care of them or not.

That's how I think (i hope I made myself clear ... My english kinda sucks x) )
Your English is great, a lot better than most people who have it as their first language! :)

Once my Tamagotchi slept in my bed...but only because I randomly dare myself to do stuff like that when I'm bored. I was actually really afraid it would break or fall down the side of the bed, so I put it on a lanyard. Then I became afraid that the lanyard would strangle me because of repeated warnings when I was younger never to wear necklaces overnight. I was up literally half the night tying everything I could find together to make something that would stop the Tama getting hurt. :D

I can definitely imagine what would happen if I talked to my Tamas, though. I'm really surprised your parents/partners don't complain. You can't all live on your own...

Good example of talking to your tama's for this...

Every single day I go for anywhere between 30 minutes to an hour on a walk so of course I bring my tama's with me. Well I end up talking to them the entire walk and everyone and I do mean EVERYONE walking past me must think I'm crazy and just talking to myself, then there's the one person who asks if I'm talking to myself and I show them a tamagotchi and continue walking... but not without looking back to see the look of there faces xD
Really? I used to consider myself completely not self-conscious, but I just can't make myself talk to a Tama even when I went to the back of the wood near my house where I've never seen a single other person.

Scientificly Tamagotchi is simply a virtual electronic pet game! It has no artificial intelligence and it only reacts to certain things as it is programised to do. We can only interract with it. Play with this "game" but it can't do nothing.

I personally dislike this option of thought though... I feel like I'm obligated to support something not logical for me... So I have my own theory!

Tamas do have feelings! They can see and "feel" you beyong their screen just like we watch fish in their aquarium unable to touch them, talk to them, get in there and live with them but still, we can have a sort of communication and interraction!!

Tamfi for example is a real pet for me. I have no pets or brothers or sisters e.t.c so he is actually the only one I have except my parents and the rest of my family. I feel normal to take care of him even though this isn't what makes my parents happy. I believe he can sometimes "hear" me. I just don't talk to him all the time but when I do I really feel it. What I mean is that I do not "pretend" all of it that much! [do not be afraid I'm not dangerous, maniac, crazy I just love my tamas!] At least this is the one makes me happier and makes me feel proud to have my tamas! :D

[forgive any terrible use of english mistakes please]

I think they have a conciousness of some sort, but it's like what TAMAmaybeth said. They only respond to how they are treated according to their programming. They don't respond to what's going on in our world.

Anything is possible, many things are improbable. (spelling) But not impossible. I believe they are sentient, or they become sentient when they grow up. About the pause, I think it's like it didn't happen too them, time stands still and they freeze in whatever they where doing. If they where paused for a year it would be in the blink of an eye for them. =) If they experience the outside world? Who knows, they might, they might not. They might sense the world around them or something, who knows =D

I'm not so sure as to whether I think they have a councionness or not, but it really doesn't matter; I treat them like they do in any case. ^_^ :p

I sure believed they had awareness when I was little though and kids are smart so we should hold on to our childhood's beliefs!! :wacko: , and I have a kinda fun story of what happened once.

Back when I got my first tamagotchi in 2006, it was a rumour circulating my elementary school that tamagotchis, or at least some tamas would react to loud noises.

I tried it now and then, and when my very first character ISALI had evolved into a Pyonkotchi, i tried making a loud noise at her, and she started crying just then. :eek:

I was amazed but felt soo bad that I had scared her, so I begged her for forgiveness and took really good care of her.

Lol :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back