So I guess I'm buying a Tamagotchi. Which version should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiyanPride

Reaction score
I'm having a tough time deciding and it's hard for me to find a source that compares the versions really well. I was thinking about a 4.5, but I do like the lit and colored screens of the ID L, just not the price. Price isn't a huge deal if the features are worth it. Honestly, I don't know anything about any of the other versions at all. I really want one in English and I like complexity. I am in college during the day, though.

Any ideas which one is best?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have no time to care for a Tama get a nano.

All you do is:

Feed

Clean poo

Play mini game

Set the time and look at it when you need it

I recommended it if you have no time cos the other tamas are sort of needy

If you have no time to care for a Tama get a nano.

All you do is:

Feed

Clean poo

Play mini game

Set the time and look at it when you need it

I recommended it if you have no time cos the other tamas are sort of needy

Well, time isn't a huge deal. I can check up on it between classes. Again, I am kind of interested in complexity and features.

I like v1-3. but they're not complex. they're more simple..

Ok, times not an issue.

Go for an IDL even if its japanese. Its SIMPLE to understand but just the conversations are hard to read. Otherwise, i wouldnt pay $40+ for something you can understand more clearly

I'd just buy a P's now. They are easy enough to read in Japanese, and they're significantly cheaper than a lot of iD L's now.

Ok, times not an issue.

Go for an IDL even if its japanese. Its SIMPLE to understand but just the conversations are hard to read. Otherwise, i wouldnt pay $40+ for something you can understand more clearly

If I can use it, then I probably wouldn't mind having the Japanese version.

I'd just buy a P's now. They are easy enough to read in Japanese, and they're significantly cheaper than a lot of iD L's now.

It only seems a little cheaper from what I can tell. Does it have more or less features? My biggest problem with P is the design of the outer case. It seems way more.. little girlish and kind of gaudy. I know it's technically marketed to little girls, but the ID L just looks a lot less awkward if I want to have it in public or it be seen in my room. Maybe I can use stickers or something like a kid, haha.

IDL... i guess for me looks like it has more exciting characters

If you can find the Hong Kong ID L ("English" ID L) anywhere, that's a great choice for you. Although, I think Japanese ID Ls are cheaper. It depends what you care about more..The language or the features. Both ID Ls have the same features but just different languages.

Many people (including me) thought at first the Shell Design is a little girly. I think the last thing you're going to care about is the Shell Design. If not, the white Tamagotchi P's is not that girly. It actually looks pretty cool. Maybe you should see this topic (if you haven't already): https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/182023-tamagotchi-ps-another-new-tamagotchi-in-japan/

May I ask you to check out the V3? It has awesome Mini-Games..Perfect for time pass! It also has the other simple things as well. If you want a bit more complex features, a V4 is a nice one. It has school and jobs etc. Yes, if you like Ura Tamagotchis, the V4.5 is good because it has extra features since it is a "sequel" Tamagotchi from the V4.

If I can use it, then I probably wouldn't mind having the Japanese version.

It only seems a little cheaper from what I can tell. Does it have more or less features? My biggest problem with P is the design of the outer case. It seems way more.. little girlish and kind of gaudy. I know it's technically marketed to little girls, but the ID L just looks a lot less awkward if I want to have it in public or it be seen in my room. Maybe I can use stickers or something like a kid, haha.
tamagotchis arent marketed to little girls exactly, the design is based around the love of the tama

Okay, I'll describe and compare all the English versions from Tamagotchi Connection V1 onwards since they're most familiar to me.

Tamagotchi Connection

-Basic care features

-How well you care for your Tamagotchi and your Tamagotchi's generation directly affects which character you'll get

-20 raisable characters

-IR connection allows Tamagotchis to play games, send gifts, and fall in love

-2 games

-If you're looking for complexity, I wouldn't suggest it

Tamagotchi Connection V2

-Basic care features

-How well you care for your Tamagotchi and your Tamagotchi's generation directly affects which character you'll get

-51 raisable characters

-4 games

-New shop and money functions

-Very fun to play with, but maybe too simple

Tamagotchi Connection V3

-Somewhat complex care features

-52 raisable characters

-6 games

-Improved character sprites ad animations

-New items

-Online 'Tamatown' functionality which allows items, money and souvenirs to be collected online

-Much more complex than previous versions, but it sticks to Tamagotchi's roots rather than changing too much

Tamagotchi Connection V4

-Complex care features

-Your Tamagotchi's stat points and gender directly affect which character you'll get

-52 raisable characters

-5 games

-New items and souvenirs

-New mail and school / work features

-'Skill points' which affect the Tamagotchi's growth

-Online 'Tamatown' functionality which allows items, money and souvenirs to be collected online, as well as the ability to visit parents and grandparents

-Much more complex than previous versions, perhaps too complex for players who prefer more simple care functionality, but still very fun to play with

-Known for having a large number of bugs and glitches

Tamagotchi Connection V4.5

-Practically identical to V4 with bug fixes, new characters and games. Often seen as better than the V4 because of this.

Tamagotchi Connection V5

-Complex care features

-Multiple characters on screen at one time

-Wider screen

-How well your characters are bonded and what type of family they are directly affects which characters you'll get

-56 raisable characters

-4 games

-New item system

-New television system

-'Training' system which affects the family type your Tamagotchis will become

-Online 'Tama and Earth Expo' functionality, which has now been shut down

-Some functionality is perhaps too simple so it can get boring easily

-Cannot use IR connection to connect to any version before V5

Tamagotchi Connection V5 Celebrity

-Practically identical to V5 with new games and characters and multiple bug fixes

-No European version was produced

Tamagotchi Music Star

-Complex care features

-Functionality is very close to that of the V4

-How well your Tamagotchi is cared for affects what it will become (not sure about this, can anyone confirm if I'm correct?)

-40 raisable characters

-8 games

-New music and toys that change your Tamagotchi's music type and stress level

-Tamagotchi can now get a job as a musician, similar to V4 but with only one possible job

-Online 'Music City' functionality, which has now been shut down

-A complex and fun to play Tamagotchi that can get a little demanding over time

Tama-Go

-Somewhat complex care features

-How well your Tamagotchi is cared for affects what it will become

-New 4-coloured screen shows black, 'white' and two shades of grey as opposed to just black and white

-36 raisable characters

-2 games

-Different home interiors can be bought

-New 'Gotchi-figures' can be attached to enhance experience

-Online 'Tamatown' functionality, which has now been shut down

-Tamagotchi is very limited without figures

There's also the new Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app which has the same functionality as the original Tamagotchi P1 (and as such it has very basic care features).

What's Tamagotchi connection V5 Celebrity anyway ? I've never heard that Tamagotchi connection before

What's Tamagotchi connection V5 Celebrity anyway ? I've never heard that Tamagotchi connection before
tamagotchi%20v5.5.jpg
It's not the most well known Tamagotchi since it wasn't released everywhere, but it's basically an improvement on V5. It's more commonly known as the V5.5, I don't think Familitchi Celebrity is the official name, but I could be wrong.

If you are looking for complexity, I would recommend the Musicstar, which always is surprising me with the cute animations and cool toys, and you can, or kind of have to, make a band and then you can get pro debut, get a ton of money, and then be #1 star ranking, which gets you over 300,000,000 fans, so you get lots of mail (good or bad)

Eek, run on sentence :mellow:

What's the differences between Tamagotchi V5 and Tamagotchi 5.5 ? I think it's same

If you're looking for something inexpensive yet complex and likely to hold your attention, I'd go for the V4.5. It's a great version, with very fun games, and your Tamagotchi can even get jobs and earn a salary. I'm not too fond of the characters on it, but a lot of people like them.

If you want a dependable, pet-like Tamagotchi, go for the V3. That was my first Tamagotchi, and it's the version I go back to when I want something easy but still engaging.

If you want a really cool experience, get the iD L or Tamagotchi P's, which have color screens, but are very expensive and predominantly in Japanese (There's an English iD L, but it's very rare and expensive).

But you really can't go wrong with most Tamagotchi versions. They all have a fair amount of greatness. Even the V5 (which is not my favorite due to its simplicity). There is honestly no Tamagotchi to hate! :)

If you're looking for something inexpensive yet complex and likely to hold your attention, I'd go for the V4.5. It's a great version, with very fun games, and your Tamagotchi can even get jobs and earn a salary. I'm not too fond of the characters on it, but a lot of people like them.

If you want a dependable, pet-like Tamagotchi, go for the V3. That was my first Tamagotchi, and it's the version I go back to when I want something easy but still engaging.

If you want a really cool experience, get the iD L or Tamagotchi P's, which have color screens, but are very expensive and predominantly in Japanese (There's an English iD L, but it's very rare and expensive).

But you really can't go wrong with most Tamagotchi versions. They all have a fair amount of greatness. Even the V5 (which is not my favorite due to its simplicity). There is honestly no Tamagotchi to hate! :)
Lots of the connections are expensive now.

Lots of the connections are expensive now.
They can be expensive if they're brand new mint in package. But if you buy them used or on tBay, you can find them very cheap. I got a V2 here from tBay for only $10. If you check eBay, and search very carefully, you can find them at a nice price.

Thanks, guys. I've been using your input and I'm thinking of either going with the 4.5 for now and getting an IDL if I like it enough, or just keep checking eBay for a cheap-ish IDL. Although, I know they're probably only getting more rare. Honestly, I kind of like a couple the shells of V6 and I'm a little interested in it, but I think I'm set on 4.5 vs IDL for gameplay.

I have a question, though. Does the star on the antenna of the 4.5 come off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back