Photo
- - - - -

So I guess I'm buying a Tamagotchi. Which version should I get?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:15 AM ( #18 )

If you're looking for something inexpensive yet complex and likely to hold your attention, I'd go for the V4.5. It's a great version, with very fun games, and your Tamagotchi can even get jobs and earn a salary. I'm not too fond of the characters on it, but a lot of people like them.
If you want a dependable, pet-like Tamagotchi, go for the V3. That was my first Tamagotchi, and it's the version I go back to when I want something easy but still engaging. 
If you want a really cool experience, get the iD L or Tamagotchi P's, which have color screens, but are very expensive and predominantly in Japanese (There's an English iD L, but it's very rare and expensive).
But you really can't go wrong with most Tamagotchi versions. They all have a fair amount of greatness. Even the V5 (which is not my favorite due to its simplicity). There is honestly no Tamagotchi to hate! :)

Lots of the connections are expensive now.

Amat Gotchi

• amat-gotchi user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:29 PM ( #19 )

Lots of the connections are expensive now.

They can be expensive if they're brand new mint in package. But if you buy them used or on tBay, you can find them very cheap. I got a V2 here from tBay for only $10. If you check eBay, and search very carefully, you can find them at a nice price.

SaiyanPride

• saiyanpride user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:54 PM ( #20 )

Thanks, guys. I've been using your input and I'm thinking of either going with the 4.5 for now and getting an IDL if I like it enough, or just keep checking eBay for a cheap-ish IDL. Although, I know they're probably only getting more rare. Honestly, I kind of like a couple the shells of V6 and I'm a little interested in it, but I think I'm set on 4.5 vs IDL for gameplay.

I have a question, though. Does the star on the antenna of the 4.5 come off?

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:11 AM ( #21 )

Well, it will come off if you take off the whole back of the tama then pull it off but with the back shell on, then no if your not rough

SaiyanPride

• saiyanpride user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:20 PM ( #22 )

Well, it will come off if you take off the whole back of the tama then pull it off but with the back shell on, then no if your not rough

That's good to know. I'm not too worried about taking the back off since I've done a lot more complicated stuff with hardware than that.

Anyway, thanks again. I only did a little bit of research and kinda' got an interest in those two for starters, but I didn't know what other kinds there were that might be better. You guys gave me a ton of info and pretty much confirmed it for me, I think. I did get to thinking about the music version a bit, but I think I like 4.5 for now. I think I'll pick it up off Amazon.

Edited by SaiyanPride, 12 March 2013 - 01:21 PM.