I'm looking for some input and suggestions on my next tama purchase

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravytub

Reaction score
Hello TamaTalk!

I know you probably get enough these on here, but I really need some input

Right now I have a Tamagotchi Plus Color, and I've sold all my connections :/ What I'm looking for is a different experience. Something else to take care of, you know?

The Tamagotchis I'm looking into right now are:

Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus Akai

Mori de Hakken! Tamagotch

Maybe an iD L 15th Edition

Any comments on those Tamas from personal experience or any knowledge really would be great.

Also, any suggestions would be appreciated. However, if you do have a suggestion, keep in mind these things:

I'm looking for a far different experience than the TMGC+C

Ideally, the tama should have the ability to live forever with proper care, though not necessary

In the same aspect, I'm tired of seeing oldies, so is there one tama that can live forever as an adult? Probably not. Just a question.

Most importantly, a wide array of characters, or at the very least different characters

I can't say anything about the Morino version since I don't have that one, but if you're looking for:

- far different experience than the TMGC+C

- can live forever (literally) with proper care

- no oldies, can live forever as an adult

- wide array of characters

Then I would suggest getting an iD, iD L or the P's versions. These have more complex but very fun features, and yes, they meet your "qualifications" 100% :D

PS I have an Akai but I haven't taken it out from its box yet :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. I was looking for some suggestions :)

Does the iD and onwards really have no oldies? I apologize for my unfamiliarity with these models, I can't seem to find great character info on the wiki, but it would seem very uncharacteristic of the franchise to have no oldies. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I've looked into it a little, but perhaps someone can help. (Which I assume this is on topic)

How exactly does the iD L and P's aging system work, then?

1 hour from baby to child

1 day from child to teen

1 day from teen to adult

I'm afraid I can't help you with the others but I do have a 15th anniversary and an idl. If you take proper care of your adult tamagotchi yes it should theoretically live forever on both versions although it will remain in its adult form (it will not evolve into an oldie like in earlier versions). However the character oyajitchi is avaliable as an adult character on the 15th anniversary. He was originally introduced (I think - correct me if I'm wrong) as a "secret" oldie character on the tamagotchi connections who was obtainable by mating a female oldie with a male oldie. On the 15th anniversary however he is obtained from horrible care. Personally I slightly prefer the 15th anniversary to the normal idl but as it's so much more expensive for the small differences between them (slightly different characters, locations and games) you may be better off buying an idl unless you can find a 15th anniversary for a bargain. Hope I helped and someone more experienced than me can give you some info on the other tamagotchis!

Oyajitchi is on the 15th Anniversary iD L but he's not considered an oldie. The 15th Anniversary characters are selected from a poll that Bandai Japan has conducted prior to its release - and it's a homage to the older Tamagotchi versions.

Wow, thanks everyone.

I believe I've decided to buy the Akai and the iD L. Getting them isn't necessarily easy. I've contacted goodsfromjapan.com, and they'll hopefully ship them for me from Amazon Japan.

Thanks again everyone for the help. I'm looking forward to getting my new tamas

Vintage Tamagotchis don't turn into oldies and will live for as long as you can keep them alive.

They don't have a very large selection of characters when compared to Connections and current Tamagotchi models, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back