- - - - -

Mothra Tamagotchi arrived!

mothra tamagotchi screw genjintchi jis

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

mishi10345

• mishi10345 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:49 PM ( #18 )

Alright, I located the pictures of my Umino with its stripped screw: http://i.imgur.com/PQEsf.jpg

Is it like this? Worse? Better?

Edited by mishi10345, 16 March 2013 - 04:50 PM.

pikmintaro

• pikmintaro user photo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:43 PM ( #19 )

Alright, I located the pictures of my Umino with its stripped screw: http://i.imgur.com/PQEsf.jpg

Is it like this? Worse? Better?

Ehhh it was kind of hard for me to tell, because of how small they were on mine, before the JIS screwdrivers came I thought they looked fine since I could still see the cross shape, but I guess not.

When I took them to the Watch guy they sort of looked like they were just circles in the screws (more or less.) the one in your picture sort of looks like it is a bunch of circles going down.

I don't know if it really matters since either way I don't know if a screwdriver could get them out.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:42 PM ( #20 )

You'd need a special bit that can drill into the screw, then carefully use it to unscrew it. But I am not sure if they make them that small.

pikmintaro

• pikmintaro user photo

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:00 PM ( #21 )

Ok I just got back from the Watch repair shop/Jewelers and he replaced the stripped screws with new ones, and put some new batteries in for me.

After I get back from my physical therapy appointment later I will start a new Mothra, and make a topic in the logs to log its progress.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 18 March 2013 - 02:02 PM ( #22 )

You are extremely lucky, I took a pet around that had broken screws only to be told there was nothing they could do and had to send it back for a replacement.

Good to hear it worked out, though.

mishi10345

• mishi10345 user photo

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:41 PM ( #23 )

That's fantastic news! Did you send it to a family-owned business? I heard that small businesses are much better and more patient than the kiosks at the mall, repair places at big department stores, etc. 

pikmintaro

• pikmintaro user photo

Posted 18 March 2013 - 04:08 PM ( #24 )

That's fantastic news! Did you send it to a family-owned business? I heard that small businesses are much better and more patient than the kiosks at the mall, repair places at big department stores, etc. 

It seemed like a small business, I don't know if it was family owned, but it was called "bedrock jewelers"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mothra, tamagotchi, screw, genjintchi, jis