Brand new and broken?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

darkredphantomx

Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been a while!

So I just recived a Deka Tamagotchi (king of games version) in the mail and bought brand new duracell batteries yesterday. Last night I had a blast playing it and succesfully transfered money to my keitai akai, uratama and entama. This morning though, I see these faint black lines over the screen of my Deka. I tried playing with it but then after a few seconds the screen goes blank with two black lines over it. I tried reseting it with the load and with the reset function and it will sometimes temporarily fix it but after working for less than thirty seconds back it goes with the blank and two lines. The lines will change position sometimes when I reset but that's about it.

I got it working for a longer time after taking out the batteries and letting it sit and then replacing them but again, it just starts doing the same thing. I've tried different batteries but I don't think that they are the problem. I specifically bought duracell instead of the off-brand just because I didn't want to damage my new unit. I have not dropped this or abused the deka in any way it is brand new out of the box and shipped very well. Does anybody think they can help me?

Hmmm, it is quite possible that it has be purchased damage. where did you get it? Online shopping, store, a friend?
Thank you for taking the time to reply Nazotchi25. :)

I got it from e-bay but it seems to be brand new. The box is in pristine condition, the instruction manual is sealed. Maybe it's just defective? I don't know. :( I don't think the seller will take it back... I'd like to be able to fix it but I'm thinking it probably has a faulty board or something.... I won't be taking it apart untill I know I can't return it.

Any help from anyone is greatly appreciated.

That would be the batteries; I believe they are too old.

Even if the tama is brand new as in it's unused, the batteries would still be old and are likely to have long since passed their best-before date. ;)

The two lines on the screen that you described is typical for most tamagotchi versions (including connections and japanese connection series), and will often be seen when a tamagotchi disconnects to its batter(y/ies).

Try switching them, and tell us how it works! :D

Batteries are a possibility, another possibility is the product could of been dropped, which may damage the contents but not the packaging

Try switching batteries. i also HIGHLY recommend buying a battery tester to test batteries in the future to make sure they are good. You can grab one of these pretty cheap, this is what I use: https://www.homedepot.com/p/t/202353291?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&keyword=battery+tester&storeId=10051&N=5yc1v&R=202353291#.UUDItlfJc40

That being said, if it's not the batteries, the unit may be defective. Ironically I am selling one of these used at the moment on Ebay. (It's the large yellow one, right?)

Hmm...Make sure you put the batteries in properly. It always happens to me because I don't put them in properly.

The I bought originally are brand new duracell batteries. They are good. I'm pretty sure the unit is defective based on everybody's comments. I've sent it back to the sender and hopefully will get another one sent back to me. I'll let you guys know how it goes. :) Thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back