V4.5s being sold as V4s on Ebay

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
I just received the V4 I ordered off Ebay and guess what? It's a V4.5!It looks like a V4 (doesn't have the star antenna) but has all the V4.5's games, characters, jobs etc. I have heard of some V4.5s which had the V4's shell design but the seller definitely described the tamagotchi as being a V4 and there wasn't much way of knowing that it wasn't. I like the shell design and the V4 and V4.5 are very similar anyway so I'm not complaining but I did notice that this seller has listed (and sold) a great number of these V4.5s in V4 shells as being V4s. It's not his fault for not knowing that they're V4.5s as they look identical to V4s but I didn't want anyone else to get caught out. I also contacted the seller just to let him know he's selling V4.5s in case anyone makes a complaint.

Here is the link to the tamagotchi I brought:

https://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=320997890206&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=20883393706

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't look at the tamagotchi you bought because i live in France. This is really weird, that's the first time I hear about it. I hope you enjoy your 4.5 anyway

I took a look at the seller's feedback... ouch, that's a lot of recent negatives.

Maybe I should have checked their feedback before buying it! Oh well, I'm having a lot of fun with my "v4.5 in disguise" anyway lol. Here's a picture of the tamagotchi by the way:

20130316_145141_zps1c77c47c.jpg

I bought one of them too. I was actually REALLY happy to get a V4.5, because I love the V4.5, even more than the V4. But I don't think the seller should be blamed, I'm quite knowledgeable about Tamas and I mistook it for a V4. They just need to be notified so they can change the title.

Maybe I should have checked their feedback before buying it! Oh well, I'm having a lot of fun with my "v4.5 in disguise" anyway lol.
Yeah, always make sure to check the seller's feedback before you purchase from them. If they have a lot of recent negatives - buyer beware!

I'm glad that it ended happily and you are enjoying your v4.5 in disguise. There's more than meets the eye! :)

Yeah, this seems a persistent problem with sites like eBay and Amazon. You can never guarantee what you are actually buying. However at least they have a 'feedback' feature, though that cannot guarantee your purchase. My cousin recently ordered a tamagotchi ID L thinking it was an ID Le, the seller had clarified it was an English version despite it being the standard Japanese one. I guess its the risk we take:D and I'm glad you're happy with your 4.5, it's lovely c:

Acually, that series of designs (the ones with the characters on the shell and beads on the chain) are all v4.5's in the form of v4's. Some that have just beads aren't v4.5's but the ones with characters AND beads are.

How bizzare I recently brought a v4.5 in a v4 shall but the seller did say it was in a v4 shall. Thats the thing with Ebay alway check the feed back. I also got 1 fake dinkie dino and 1 fake tama which I knew where fakes because it said 49 in 1 however they both have the same programming. Any hoo I still have my tama's so im cool

I apologize for bumping this topic. But I wanted to share my experience.

I had the exact same experience as well. What made it tricky for me was that this colour is available in both V4 and V4.5 without my knowledge.

Having said that, I did notice something on the packaging that may help.

c9a07d51-b3cd-4b99-a57b-5ba979aa8339_zps3de5e881.jpg

I know that it got past me the first time I looked at it, but notice the 'Plus'? I believe that is how the V4.5s were marketed in Asian countries.

I hope this helps some people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back