Future Of Tamagotchi America: Will it last?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you think Tamagotchi will last long?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamatown123

Reaction score
It's always on my mind if Tamagotchi will last or not. Having this App instead of a real Tamagotchi makes me think that Tamagotchi will end pretty soon. In my opinion, the Tama-Go is very fun but it didn't sell very well. It just seems that no one is interested in Tamagotchi anymore.

The reason why they made the App is now very clear to me. Every time I go out I see someone doing something on their iPhone or playing on their BlackBerry. If it was a Room, I bet I would be the only one playing with a Tamagotchi. Technology is growing, Tamagotchi has to as well. :(

Although it seems technology is growing too fast for Tamagotchi to catch up. Either they have to discontinue the Tamagotchi brand once and for all, or they have to make it keep up with the Technology these days (Releasing Apps, Making more Tamagotchi Apps which cost money etc).

What do you think? I feel that they will keep releasing new Apps and keep Tamagotchi as "Tamagotchi L.I.F.E". I know it's not what fans want, but it's the only thing that will keep Tamagotchi going. It's better than Tamagotchi discontinuing in America.

In my opinion, i feel like it's because they're too complex, expensive and wayy more different then the original creation. I am very well aware, that things change over time and it's normal, but now they're incomparable to one another. But how many of the neo-tama fans like the vintage ones?? (vintage [in my opinion] p1/p2, v1-v3) which would we prefer?? Maybe both??

I am a big believer that everything is temporary as well. Maybe tamagotchi just lived a shorter life, only made it almost 17 years. Unless we ban up, create REAL a petition on a REAL petition site instead of this one (i don't know why people keep signing that one). And start some Vintage/Neo-Tamagotchi-Movement and organize our thoughts on what we would like to see in the next tamagotchis and come to a consensus, create the petition, make posters and spread them via internet (duh), get EVERYONE TO SIGN, , and wait til bandai sees our enthusiasm and make the next best tamagotchi..

there's a lot of things to work through. I am a tama fan and i'd like to see new tamagotchis like the vintage or v1-v3. even though i'm not a fan of them, even new ones like the last versions, that i don't know off the top of my head. but as overly optimistic as it may sound to some, i think we can do it if we really push for it. Of course only real tama fans would do that though..

Hmm... America should make a Tama in colour... Interesting

Based on Bandai America's actions (apparent discontinuation of the Tama-Go and shutting down of the Tamatown servers), it appears like they have already given up on the brand. :(

Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. is a Bandai Japan initiative according to Anz Falcon - so it seems like it is actually Japan who wants to bring it back, considering how their series is still very much popular and thriving in their native Japan. It's kind of weird that they no longer sought help from their North American counterpart and decide to take matters into their own hands.

Last edited by a moderator:
here in France, they discontinued Tamagotchis after the release of the Tamagotchi V5. So... Yeah no more tamas in stores, no more v pets either. It's sad but imo, tamagotchis will be discontinued everywhere except for Japan.

The 2 dollar shop used to sell these weird v pets and one day they started selling tamaGO figures and TamaGOs but the tamago was 30 dollars each and the figures were 20. Kind of a ripoff

As far as I'm concerned once Tamagotchi stopped being a handheld electronic pet device and started being just another phone app it was probably already pretty much dead. This could be only temporary, but sadly I doubt it. Phone apps have made our beloved Tamagotchis obsolete. If you can't beat em' join em' Unfortunately making Tamagotchi just another phone app takes away from what made them special. As an app they are just one more in a flood of virtual pet apps. I seriously doubt they'll ever be as successful as something like Angry Birds. There's just too much competition in the virtual pet app category for them to stand out.

I don't like the app. Apps glitch and break and don't work and slow down your phone. You can't get a new one because the glitch comes back no matter how many times you reinstall. Yes, I do like having games on my phone and have several virtual pet apps - but Tamagotchi was never meant to be an app, and that makes it different.

Tamagotchi is only gone because it was really just a fashion. Everything popular dies out, and most people move on to the next trend. I guess the only people left on TT are the ones who don't give up or "move with the times". But we're in the minority and there just aren't enough of us to make a difference.

In my opinion, it's best that they end it now rather than doing all this T-L.I.F.E stuff. If they want to risk it, I would want them to make them a new Tamagotchi, but I'm sure it won't sell well. :(

If they knew how to design and advertise a new Tama, they would make one. But this company is clearly not an age-neutral, gender-neutral toy manufacturer. It's a company that makes things for 13-20 year old girls who are into fashion and clothes. A company like that just won't be used to making stuff like Tamas, so they're actually doing pretty well.

It's not them that's the problem. It's BanDai. If BanDai had kept making Tamas the way they always did and didn't tell someone else to make them, we wouldn't have L.I.F.E. and might instead have colour Tamas sold internationally.

I have to agree.

It seems that Bandai dosen't really know how to create a Tamagotchi that will pick up the trend these days. Sure, it dosen't have to be in colour, but if they compare it with designs from their other products, they can get an awesome design out of it.

They really have to think. I don't really see any of their products being much successful anymore, it would be nice if they started working on Tamagotchi.

I believe myself that Bandai could bring back the popularity of tamagotchi, but by using the progress of technology to THEIR advantage. How? Well, it's simple. Nowadays, kids ask and want incredibly expensive gadgets and their parents are having to fish out their hard earned cash. Tech has improved, but at a price.

This is where a new tamagotchi would come in. It would be improved, but still basic. No colour or complicated stuff, just simplicity. In the end if they keep it cheap, it could become an instant success. This is where I think the Tama-go lacked. It was as expensive as an Xbox game, and you had to pay more for figures on top. Ridiculous. Bandai was looking for more money and became a cash cow.

I have faith. Correct advertising, pricing, products and audience at it could be as popular as it once was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back