Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Tamagotchi fan video game!

• Please log in to reply

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:03 AM ( #381 )

Also, every video game that wants to actually be a good game has to have an extra boss... So, we could do that if you implement bosses. 

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:23 PM ( #382 )

Not sure, I just like to keep true to the lighthearted, happy nature of Tamagotchi... :/ Not just another stereotypical battle game that uses the Tamagotchi characters but is nothing like Tamagotchi. None of the official Tamagotchi video games have bosses so I just thought one would be plenty XD But I'm still considering ouo;

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 26 May 2014 - 06:24 PM.

• SupahCow090 likes this

PurplePyonkotchi00!

• purplepyonkotchi00 user photo

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:39 PM ( #383 )

Not sure, I just like to keep true to the lighthearted, happy nature of Tamagotchi... :/ Not just another stereotypical battle game that uses the Tamagotchi characters but is nothing like Tamagotchi. None of the official Tamagotchi video games have bosses so I just thought one would be plenty XD But I'm still considering ouo;

I agree, since when does Tamagotchi have fighting? No offence to anyone, though

Maybe you can just work a boss battle in there somewhere, but still keep the nature of Tamagotchi?

• SupahCow090 likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:05 PM ( #384 )

I'm thinking of the Hamtaro games... they're cute and kinda have a similar gameplay as this, and they have a boss at the end so I guess one boss would be okay, but not a difficult, serious one I guess if you get what I mean XD

• PurplePyonkotchi00! likes this

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo

Posted 28 May 2014 - 04:23 PM ( #385 )

GZ could be a good enough extra boss

1. Only wants to test Mametchi's strength - Nothing more

2. Is a crimefighter, and can take stuff with a little salt

3. Cannot do crime - he will explode if he does]

4. Headgear is similar to that of Spacytchi's 

5. Why have people raging over only one boss? Completionists will rage if only 1 or 2 bosses are there, and the AVGN will possibly even do a video off of it - And he's full of negative reviews and raging, could even drill a hole in his computer! Plus, I'm a completionist. I'll never quit until I beat the game 100%. Plus, easy bosses will make the laziest of gamers see it as beatable, and the most active won't even find the boss fun. Negative reviews and rant videos will be upon your game if you don't at least involve some strategy or pattern with the bosses. Still, making it add Tama-Friend points every time a boss is beaten would be a good idea.

Edited by Dale8998, 28 May 2014 - 04:31 PM.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:12 PM ( #386 )

...who's GZ...? ouo'

This is only a fanmade game... I doubt AVGN will play it and hardly anyone will know about it except for TamaTalkers. :P I'm not even a gamer... I hate video games actually, and I never play them, but I like making them if that makes sense lol.

Anyway I hope to finish the game before the end of this year XD I said that last year too, though oops >w< But this time I'll try not to take such big breaks from programming the game.

• SupahCow090 likes this

BlueCheeseMonkey~

• bluecheesemonkey user photo

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:05 AM ( #387 )

GZ could be a good enough extra boss
1. Only wants to test Mametchi's strength - Nothing more
2. Is a crimefighter, and can take stuff with a little salt
3. Cannot do crime - he will explode if he does]
4. Headgear is similar to that of Spacytchi's 
5. Why have people raging over only one boss? Completionists will rage if only 1 or 2 bosses are there, and the AVGN will possibly even do a video off of it - And he's full of negative reviews and raging, could even drill a hole in his computer! Plus, I'm a completionist. I'll never quit until I beat the game 100%. Plus, easy bosses will make the laziest of gamers see it as beatable, and the most active won't even find the boss fun. Negative reviews and rant videos will be upon your game if you don't at least involve some strategy or pattern with the bosses. Still, making it add Tama-Friend points every time a boss is beaten would be a good idea.

no. just no.
  • SupahCow090, *Hayden*, WiiYoShi14 and 2 others like this

TacticalMaster

• tacticalmaster user photo

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:59 AM ( #388 )

And even if you did put that in, you should know that violence does NOT exist in the Tamagotchi franchise. At least that's what I thought. That and they do have bad guys such as the Waru Cafe.

• Eternal Mametchi Fan and SupahCow090 like this

SupahCow090

• supahcow090 user photo

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:29 AM ( #389 )

no. just no.

Preach it.

Also, sorry if I haven't done work lately. I have a project of my own ;) Once it's done, I'll work with bundles again lels. Hopefully by June.

• Eternal Mametchi Fan and *Hayden* like this

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:16 PM ( #390 )

.... I want to help, but how do you make sprites?

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:18 PM ( #391 )

Also, every video game that wants to actually be a good game has to have an extra boss... So, we could do that if you implement bosses. 

Yeah it's not like Tamagotchi to have, you know, fighting and stuff.... if you want fighting and extra bosses in it, you can go ahead and make your own game :) We'll keep working on this one! ;)

BlueCheeseMonkey~

• bluecheesemonkey user photo

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:40 AM ( #392 )

If you were to implement a boss though, maybe mario party style where usually you have to win against bowser junior in a mini game and if he finishes first before you, you lose.
  • Epic mametchi! likes this

derekq

• derekq user photo

Posted 22 June 2014 - 12:56 PM ( #393 )

Rock N' roll hope the game is a big success and ya I want more of your drawings :P

Epic mametchi!

• epic-mametchi user photo

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:49 AM ( #394 )

How's the game going?
Any new stuff?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:52 AM ( #395 )

Umm I added UraTamaTown and some Violetchi houses and did more of the intro and fixed some glitches... I still need to add more minigames oops

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 23 June 2014 - 09:52 AM.

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:49 PM ( #396 )

Anyways, LAN functionality up to 32 players and a bibliography would be good. I think you could throw in alternate Mametchi colors and/or additional characters for the LAN multiplayer, and a bibliography would make your games more well-known. Also, if you released it on Onlive (For Cloudlift), I would be able to play it from my couch or in the car. Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it. 

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 05 July 2014 - 03:47 PM ( #397 )

English plz ^
  • SupahCow090 likes this

SupahCow090

• supahcow090 user photo

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:30 AM ( #398 )

Anyways, LAN functionality up to 32 players and a bibliography would be good. I think you could throw in alternate Mametchi colors and/or additional characters for the LAN multiplayer, and a bibliography would make your games more well-known. Also, if you released it on Onlive (For Cloudlift), I would be able to play it from my couch or in the car. Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it. 

Maybe a little too ambitious? EMF is no professional game maker and wants to make the game for fun. She wanted to make a simple, cute and fun game and that's what she's gonna make. I don't see any point for having LAN here as it's an adventure game-esque composed of mini games. I can see two players competing against each other but that's too much work. She's only using GameMaker. Not Java or Flash or stuff like that. EMF doesn't even work with codes. (I'm still amazed how she did all of this without codes. Applause to EMF you go gurl) As part of the team, we appreciate your suggestion and keep them comin' but please remember this is an adventure fan game for entertainment purposes, not an MMORPG :P

"Additionally, even if no one buys it, at least one lucky person in my Facebook gaming group would have it. "

illegal k bai.

*also i dunno what to do now emf what do you need

Edited by SupahCow090, 06 July 2014 - 04:30 AM.

• kuromametchifan123, Eternal Mametchi Fan and BlueCheeseMonkey~ like this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:35 AM ( #399 )

I mainly need backgrounds for the rest of the towns oops, like Dream Town, Tamagotchi Town, and Gozaru Village.

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo

Posted 11 July 2014 - 06:27 PM ( #400 )

Bump by suggestion - we could include some sort of multiplayer mode where you can play co-op and/or competitive modes with your friends through a LAN up of to 5 players. And even though we have music, I might be able to do a remix of "Open Your Heart" from the game Sonic Adventure for the final boss. It's actually not about fighting, it's about stopping a threat to the world - in this case, Mametchi stopping Spacytchi from taking over Tamagotchi Planet. 

Edited by Dale8998, 11 July 2014 - 06:32 PM.