Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Tamagotchi fan video game!

• Please log in to reply

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:26 PM ( #401 )

Bump by suggestion - we could include some sort of multiplayer mode where you can play co-op and/or competitive modes with your friends through a LAN up of to 5 players. And even though we have music, I might be able to do a remix of "Open Your Heart" from the game Sonic Adventure for the final boss. It's actually not about fighting, it's about stopping a threat to the world - in this case, Mametchi stopping Spacytchi from taking over Tamagotchi Planet. 

pls, EMF isn't a computer geek who knows LAN and all the stuff, its Game Maker, its simple, this game is not going to be Super Mario Brothers... ughh

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

BlueCheeseMonkey~

• bluecheesemonkey user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:36 AM ( #402 )

Super mario bros is extremely simple to make actually
also I'm sorry but can you please not sound like an idiotic person because
"English plz"
it's just straight-up stupid to say something like that.

Edited by BlueCheeseMonkey~, 14 July 2014 - 06:40 AM.

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:27 AM ( #403 )

OK, no LAN, but I was hoping we could do that. Maybe a "hardcore mode" where the minigames and final boss battle are harder, making it more gamer-oriented? We could make it unlock upon entering a command, which if implemented, would be called the "Collector's Command". It would basically be the same as the command used in older Macintoshes to force it to display a Sad Mac, but Windows-oriented, as long as the command wouldn't pop anything up (I.E. Ctrl+Alt+Delete or something like that). It would be pretty fun for me, and it would boost up my rating of it slightly. However, once the game ends, the game would require the hardcore mode to be selected before starting a new run (which means a playthrough of a game in case EMF sees this) again, preventing the game from becoming too hard for casual gamers such as EMF. If the command would pop something up, we could use a code. I'll leave the code up to you. And maybe a few easter eggs, such as a Dragonbox Pyra being seen in the final stage.

Edited by Dale8998, 16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM.

Dale8998

• dale8998 user photo

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:17 PM ( #404 )

Anyone willing to post?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:39 PM ( #405 )

Yeah, I'm having trouble making the mini games oops. ;--; Even though they're actually quite simple =w=;

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:49 PM ( #406 )

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH every time  I try to program a minigame it just turns into a disaster and I'm so stressed aghh ;_; Because I didn't use GameMaker for so long I kinda forgot how to use it... .-.

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:02 PM ( #407 )

Hey! So, I can't believe I haven't actually done any helping on this project, considering I've been stalking it for a while. XD So, after quickly skimming through the discussion, I don't think I saw very many people helping out with music for the game. I thought a favorite artist of mine, Hot Sugar, had some particularly fitting songs for background music in the game! Their music doesn't often get really intense, it's actually usually really calm, and would be perfect for background music for different locations in-game.

Here are some examples for good background music and the locations they'd be good for:

Title: The Girl Who Stole My Tamagotchi

Location: It honestly seems like it'd be good for the end credits or something. A lot of his songs are very "down-beat", and this one kinda is too, but not as much. It's kinda something that makes you want to reflect, and would be good for the ending. Plus, the title is very fitting!

Title: Not Tonight

Title: Don't Cut Down my Tree

Location: Something here is giving off a vintage aesthetic, but you already seem to have music for there! It could also work in Patchi Forest, though!

Of course, these are all just suggestions, it's not up to me! I think this sort of music would work well, it's not too distracting, and there's plenty to choose from! I hope it's okay that I've gone ahead and contacted Hot Sugar, requesting permission.

nr0pit.png

He's not VERY popular, so we've actually got a chance and getting a response. If he does not respond, though, we could probably use it anyway, I checked his website, he said nothing about not allowing his music to be used for indie projects! Once again, sorry for not requesting permission to contact him from you first, EMF, I figured it'd be best to just do it. I'm really eager to hear your thoughts about this, and everyone else's!

• Eternal Mametchi Fan likes this

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:24 AM ( #408 )

Hey! So, I can't believe I haven't actually done any helping on this project, considering I've been stalking it for a while. XD So, after quickly skimming through the discussion, I don't think I saw very many people helping out with music for the game. I thought a favorite artist of mine, Hot Sugar, had some particularly fitting songs for background music in the game! Their music doesn't often get really intense, it's actually usually really calm, and would be perfect for background music for different locations in-game.

Here are some examples for good background music and the locations they'd be good for:

Title: The Girl Who Stole My Tamagotchi

Location: It honestly seems like it'd be good for the end credits or something. A lot of his songs are very "down-beat", and this one kinda is too, but not as much. It's kinda something that makes you want to reflect, and would be good for the ending. Plus, the title is very fitting!

Title: Not Tonight

Title: Don't Cut Down my Tree

Location: Something here is giving off a vintage aesthetic, but you already seem to have music for there! It could also work in Patchi Forest, though!

Of course, these are all just suggestions, it's not up to me! I think this sort of music would work well, it's not too distracting, and there's plenty to choose from! I hope it's okay that I've gone ahead and contacted Hot Sugar, requesting permission.

nr0pit.png

He's not VERY popular, so we've actually got a chance and getting a response. If he does not respond, though, we could probably use it anyway, I checked his website, he said nothing about not allowing his music to be used for indie projects! Once again, sorry for not requesting permission to contact him from you first, EMF, I figured it'd be best to just do it. I'm really eager to hear your thoughts about this, and everyone else's!

I think that's  a great idea :D There will be quite a few minigames so a wide variety of music is good ;)

I'm still doing this in case anyone is wondering XD I just need to brush up on my Game Maker abilities and work out how to fix my glitchy minigames lol.

• Princess Lovelitchi likes this

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:33 PM ( #409 )

I think that's  a great idea :D There will be quite a few minigames so a wide variety of music is good ;)

I'm still doing this in case anyone is wondering XD I just need to brush up on my Game Maker abilities and work out how to fix my glitchy minigames lol.

Glad you like the idea! ^^"

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:00 PM ( #410 )

*points at status update*

My flashdrive with all the files and stuff broke in half...

I'll try to fix it. ;/

I can just save the files from this topic all over again but it's the programming I'm worried about...

I'll see if I have another copy of the in-development game file somewhere on my computer...

*Hayden*

• hayden user photo

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:15 PM ( #411 )

Have you fixed your flashdrive? :3

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:24 PM ( #412 )

Nu owo'

I tried tho but uh my computer didn't detect it

I need to find a better way to attach the pieces

Peeps can still make minigame graphics and stuff if they want .3.

I might start programming the game from scratch, it shouldn't take too long XD At least I could improve some stuff

Bokuhoshi89tchi

• bokuhoshi89tchi user photo

Posted 16 September 2014 - 02:33 PM ( #413 )

Nu owo'

I tried tho but uh my computer didn't detect it

I need to find a better way to attach the pieces

Peeps can still make minigame graphics and stuff if they want .3.

I might start programming the game from scratch, it shouldn't take too long XD At least I could improve some stuff

An opinion from a friend's personal experience: give up on trying to rebuild your flash drive, a friend of mine broke one in pieces and no matter what he couldn't recover anything. You should either try to contact an expert (but it will cost you, don't know how much tho) or just start all over again if you have everything you need :)