Do people have a life?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karvi

Reaction score
I know the title may seem kinda rude. But Im just curious, since I own two tamas n running them at same time, but do people really have a life when taking care of tamas? Do you take care of tamas more than you do anything else? Is most of your everyday life taken over by tamas? Are tamas keeping you from doing anything else? I just wanna know.

Well, I have 3 jobs and I'm taking 19 credit hours (about 7 classes) in college. I keep my two running tamas asleep when I am not there to take care of them, and when I have a break I just quickly feed/play with them. I wouldn't say it's very hard to keep busy and play with tamas - you just have to know what works for you, and stay on top of things...

I'm running 9 pets right now. I'm in high school, so I pause all my Tamas (except for my Devilgotch) while I'm away during the day and unpause them once I get home. When I go out, I'll pause most of them, unless they're pretty low-maintenance. The key to juggling a lot of Tamas is making sure you're only running one or two demanding ones. Any more than that and you'll go crazy. I usually run medium-maintenance pets that don't need my attention very often, and when they do, it's only for a few minutes at a time.

I'm pretty sure that most people running tamas DO have a life aside from caring for their virtual pets ;) Most people just pause them when they're busy with.. Well, life itself :eek:

I sometimes run a Tama for about...2 hours...if I'm bored, but on the very rare occasions I keep one going for more than 3 days, it's not the main thing I do. It's hard to tell when I barely ever start up my Tamas, but they probably die really frequently. And that's not because I'm busy (I'm not) but just because my Tama is not the centre of my life and I sometimes forget about it.

As long as you think ahead a bit and plan well, they shouldn't interrupt the other things you want to do. For example, you know they'll be very needy just after hatching or mating, so if you're an airplane pilot, don't mate them just before takeoff or landing.

I've got a life even though I try to never pause my tamas at all. I only keep max three running at a time, usually two or even just one. I do keep them with me at almost all times, still I don't spend too much time on them.

It's kinda like having a watch on your arm; They stay with me, I like them, I check them now and then, but they don't stop me from living at all.

I usually run one for a few generations, then take the battery out and put it in another one, depending on what I feel like, what I miss, and what I will have time for. They do enlighten my everyday life, yet I'm not addicted or dependant on them. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back