Should I get a V5 or a V5.5?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzyd07

Reaction score
So I'm allowed to get either a v5 or a v5.5 for my birthday (yipee!) but I can't decide which to get. Can anyone tell me the major differences between them and if possible which version you like better? Thanks ^_^

EDIT: Accidental post

Last edited by a moderator:
V5- better families

V5- 2 more games than the V5 and they are runner and the characters are cute and creative

I am not sure. I think that it depends on if you want extra games or better familys. Like what Hayden said.

Firstly, they're both really good and there aren't many differences between the two so either one you'll enjoy

Personally, i'd go for the v5 (better families) seen as that is the main focal point of a 'familichi'.

However its entirely up to you and what you prefer, the extra games are fun and seen as the version 5.5 is looked upon as an 'improved and updated' v5, you may prefer to get that

Good luck with your desicion, i'm sure you'll make the right one:)

From what I know, it doesn't really matter except that the V5.5 is more expensive and difficult to find (or was last year). However, I prefer the characters of the V5 and it's simpler.

I have both of them , and I really like the 5.5. I prefer it from the v5.

To me, the games are really important in a tamagotchi. I think that on the v5 the games are boring, but in the 5.5 they are really fun, I could play for hours xD

The games really are what makes me buy a tamagotchi or not. But that's my personal opinion about it.

But yeah, it's a matter of taste. Maybe you will like the v5 games too ^^

Just wanted to share my opinion :)

Have you made your decision yet ?

Hmmm I can't decide, they both look awesome!! My mum also said I could have a music star instead if I wanted so does anyone prefer that?

Well, out of the version 5, 5.5 and 6(music star) I probably prefer the music star. I like the idea of being in a band and having to climb up the rankings to get to #1. I really like the characters aswell.

However, the Music Stars are quite high-maintenance. You have to buy your own food when your tama gets past the child stage (usually I just feed my tamas the free food!) And you have to do concerts and practice. Also the games don't earn you any points, you have to earn money by participating in concerts as you improve. It does actually become quite an effort, especially for someone like me who barely finds enough time to run one tama-go. But if you enjoy the caring responsibilities and have time to run this and your others, you'll definitely like the music star. I guess logging about one would be fun, too.

Thanks everyone! I think I'm probably leaning towards the music star at the moment as it's the only version I've never owned and it sounds like it has lots of interesting features. Also there are some for sale on ebay which come with the english dubbed version of tamagotchi the movie and I've ALWAYS wanted to see that :D

I started my music star yesterday ^^ It has alot of interesting features ! I like it very much

I started my music star yesterday ^^ It has alot of interesting features ! I like it very much
That's awesome! Would you say you prefer it to the v5 or v5.5? And do you think it's very needy?

this

and i like them both. but i kinda prefer the 5.5, because the all family thing is adorable ^^
Thanks ^_^ think I'll probably ask for the v6 for my birthday and save up my own money for a v5 or v5.5... I need both in my life!!! Lol :D

Here's some information on the V6 and V5 (I don't have the V5.5) -

• V6 - very needy. You need to play a lot of games and have time for your Tama in order for it to even live past teen stage. It's definitely not the sort of thing you can sneak into a strict school. The objective in the V6 is for your Tamagotchi to become a music star - when it's a teenager, it joins a band of 3 Tamas and must practise with them to gain skill points. While practicing, the Tama gets stressed so you must allow it to play with its toy after. It's really complicated, harder to manage than most Japanese Tamas. I find the V6 really fun and always want to run it, but I'm too busy and never can.
  • V5 - not needy at all, any problems can be bypassed with a few simple cheats. You raise 3 Tamas, but they are fed and played with at the same time so it's really just the same as having one. The V5 is a good Tama to take into school or run when you're busy.
Overall, the V5 and V6 are near opposites. It's good to have both though; the V5 to run during school term, and the V6 to run during holidays!

I love the V6! I just got one not that long ago. The only problem is, as others have pointed out already, it is super needy. It is very fun, though. I just don't have time for it. Once it got to the adult stage I took the battery out because I had two other tamas running and couldn't handle the Music Star at the same time. I think I'll probably wait to run it again when I have no other tamas running.

Of the v5 and 5.5, the V5 is my favorite. I haven't run either in a long time, though, as I'm not super fond of either of them, to be honest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back