Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are you running the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app?

tamatalk app tamagotchi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. on your iPhone/iPod or Android device?

1. Yes (171 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (76 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

How do you like the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app compared to regular Tamagotchis?

1. I like the app better (3 votes [1.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

2. I like the regular Tamagotchi better (200 votes [80.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

3. I like both just the same (44 votes [17.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.81%

Vote

Admin

• admin user photo
  • Group: Admin

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:14 AM ( #1 )

Hello TamaTalkers!

I am curious to know...  Who here is currently running the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app on their Android or iOS device?  Are you treating it like your more traditional tamas (as in taking care of it day after day and not just shutting the app down and ignoring alerts)?

Replies

Views

Started

29 Mar 2013

Last Post

02 Aug 2014

hwd45

• hwd45 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:43 AM ( #2 )

I generally ignore the app. Unlike Tamagotchi Connection models there is no 'generation's function and so I don't have much reason to try and keep it alive beyond the adult stage. The app is enjoyable and it doesn't bother me that it's an app and not an actual Tamagotchi, but I do prefer the more complex Tamagotchi versions.

tamatown123

• tamatown123 user photo
  • Group: Validating

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:11 AM ( #3 )

I just got it 2 days ago and personally like a Tamagotchi better. This keeps freezing.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:16 AM ( #4 )

I am running it Apple style. Just got it yesterday.

With shell, tradtional run of a p1. You use the buttons and the usual run.
Under microscope, more color, better visual of the tama (for me) and a different game. (rock, paper, scissors) Becomes touch screen enabled for the icons/screen.

ChamametchiandMametchi

• chamametchiandmametchi user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:26 AM ( #5 )

I had it until my dad deleted it. It was the same thing as the Tamagotchi itself, but more suited for a phone. I like both just the same.

Jazzijk

• jazzijk user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:35 AM ( #6 )

I think that if they update the app constantly with new features/more games it'll be good, but for now it's pretty dull.

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:56 AM ( #7 )

I was running the app for a little bit but it didn't even compare to having an actual Tamagotchi. I couldn't even remember that I needed to check my tablet every once in a while, it's just kind of an odd behavior for me to learn. Maybe I would have liked it better if I had a smart phone instead? Who knows.

Squidward is Cool

• squidward-is-cool user photo

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:09 AM ( #8 )

I got it yesterday in school! It was annoying that it was near dead after not looking at my iPod for an hour (and I really couldn't) but I sorta like it! I don't like it nearly as much as the actual toys but I actually remember to check on it with the notifications on the iPod.

I really hope they add features like new characters (and not just different colors), new features (like future generations, the ability to do more stuff with the Tamagotchis like with the Connections), and a connection via wi-fi feature (so I could connect with friends and get them into it). Otherwise, I could definitely see myself getting sick of this app in two weeks and abandoning it.

dazzilitchigirl

• dazzilitchigirl user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 March 2013 - 02:28 PM ( #9 )

I got the L.I.F.E. app on my Android phone, it's incredibly glitchy and freezes literally every 2 seconds. It would be fun if it weren't for the freezing. Also, whenever it froze it deleted all the happy hearts, so I'd have to play 5 times the number of games I was supposed to in order to fill up the hearts. Also, even though I could easily get it into school (every single person my age has a phone they bring into school) it just wasn't the same as a real Tama. I'm considering getting a real P1 when I find a low price, to compare with the app.

indiGOtama

• indigotama user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:56 PM ( #10 )

I just got this app this morning for my iPhone - I don't seem to have all the freezing and technical problems that others are having, but maybe that's just luck. I put a lot about it in my log; it would be kind of obnoxious to re-post everything here, but here is the link: http://www.tamatalk....-2#entry3221549

Basically, it is almost exactly like the original 1997 Tamagotchi. It even shows a shell design from that release, and has the same game on it. The app also comes with the actual instructions to the original tama.

Even though it's almost exactly the same in essence, I much prefer to actually have the toy instead of the app. It's just not the same feeling. 

Edited by indiGOtama, 29 March 2013 - 04:57 PM.

Violetchilluvr3

• violetchilluvr3 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Angelgotchi

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:49 PM ( #11 )

I didn't realize it came out for iOS!

Just got it today. I've never run a vintage, so I have nothing to compare it to, but it seems pretty nice so far. :) I have a feeling it won't hold my interest for more than a couple days though...

Franny Samba

• franny-samba user photo

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:20 PM ( #12 )

I haven't got it, but haven't got the chance as it's not out in the UK yet (as far as I know) on iOS.

I'll give it a check when it does though!

Jhud

• jhud user photo

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:07 AM ( #13 )

I am not, because:

-I live where vintages were not even released and the app probably never will be released for my country

-I have an old android phone (before android had the contract with google...)

-My mom doesn't have her usb cable for her newer android phone so I can't download it online either 

-I have a real P1 anyway

Still I'd like to have that app...

OldSchoolTama

• oldschooltama user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 April 2013 - 05:16 AM ( #14 )

I have the app.  Overall, I like it.  It has the feel of a vintage Tamagotchi gameplay-wise and though I don't always carry my Tamagotchis around with me, I always have my phone, so it's good to be able to whip it out on the fly.  The alerts are a nice touch.  I still like the actual Tamagotchi better though, mostly for nostalgia reasons and for the "feel" of a Tamagotchi in my hands.  When I use the app on my phone, it just feels like I'm using a phone...which I am, but you probably get my meaning, right?  :D

• ichiro.malfoy likes this

JLou

• jlou user photo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:05 AM ( #15 )

I have it on my iPhone, but it is driving me crazy!  I got so annoyed with it, I ended up getting Nyorotchi because I ignored it so much.  I'm not sure why it is so different for me compared to just having an actual Tamagotchi toy in my pocket, but it is.  At first I thought it was really cute, especially that you can earn new shells and switch them out, but after the first day I was pretty much done with the app.  I'm surprised my Nyorotchi hasn't died yet, honestly.  

However, I think the app is a great idea.  I imagine if I didn't have a bazillion actual Tamagotchis, I'd love it and be excited to play it.  But I'd rather hold my little eggs, I guess!  

• KlickBop likes this

teddyvectrex

• teddyvectrex user photo

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:42 PM ( #16 )

i obviously like tamagotchis better because they are fun to collect and play, and they barley run out of battery. having an app is cool i guess, but i DEFINETLY prefer the real thing. the real thing has such a charm to it :)

robodog

• robodog user photo

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:26 AM ( #17 )

I don't have a smart phone so I can't get the app. Even if I could I doubt I'd like it anywhere near as much as I do actual Tamas. While I think of actual Tamas as pets that I get attached to I couldn't see a phone app as anything more than a video game. Fun for awhile maybe but it couldn't hold my interest like an actual Tama.

awkwardturtle

• awkwardturtle user photo

Posted 06 April 2013 - 12:44 PM ( #18 )

I also like the real tamagotchi better than the app. The app tends to drain my phone battery quite fast =/ Hopefully they have new updates otherwise the app will get boring very quickly. 

SupahCow090

• supahcow090 user photo

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:30 AM ( #19 )

I have this on our tablet. It surely mimics the original P1 but the P1 itself is different. I personally don't like the app. It looks appealing at first but it gets really boring after just some time. It would get so boring that you have to delete it. Having it on a portable electronic device is good to catch up on the recent technology but it just doesn't work. It creates a lot of hassle on the owner itself. You need to open and close the app everytime you use it. You need to charge and stuff. It's a good way to catch up but it's certainly not gonna work specially for us Tamagotchi fans. The tamagotchi itself is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than that app. I advice getting it if you have time. It's also annoying specially the notifications. This is my personal opinion. I hope I don't offend anyone. :))

• PurplePyonkotchi00! likes this

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:20 AM ( #20 )

I don't own a cellphone/ ios device.

I'm not a fan of apps. I'd rather have the Tamagotchi toy.

• Melodii likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, app, tamagotchi