Photo
- - - - -

Are you running the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app?

tamatalk app tamagotchi

• Please log in to reply

Poll: Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.? (219 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. on your iPhone/iPod or Android device?

1. Yes (153 votes [69.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.86%

2. No (66 votes [30.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.14%

How do you like the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app compared to regular Tamagotchis?

1. I like the app better (3 votes [1.37%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.37%

2. I like the regular Tamagotchi better (182 votes [83.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.11%

3. I like both just the same (34 votes [15.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Sakuranboy

• sakuranboy user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:13 PM ( #21 )

I'm currently running the app, and it's surprisingly decent :)  It's nostalgic of the original Tamagotchi version, but with neat added features for customization and easy resetting.  While I do have a soft spot for my Tama eggs, this app is a clever way to convert more people into Tamagotchi fans.

Jentu

• jentu user photo

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:13 PM ( #22 )

I just got the app about a week ago and so far, I have a 7 year old pink nyorotchi (yeah I know...). The app is pretty cool, though. I find myself starting to obsessively check it every few minutes when I'm on my phone. As I am in college, I left my tamas at home. This app is holding me over until my angelgotchi arrives in the mail. Of course, this doesn't have the exact charm of the toy, but it is pretty good for what it is. I do wish you could name the pets and the app had more "tamagotchi-like" sounds.

**EDIT**  AAaaaand it died at age 8.  I left it alone for 10 minutes and when I checked again, it was an angel.  I made sure it was fed and happy.  I guess it was just time for him to go back up to tamagotchi land... :(

Edited by Jentu, 12 April 2013 - 11:16 PM.

aerbear10

• aerbear10 user photo

Posted 13 April 2013 - 04:58 PM ( #23 )

I just got the app about a week ago and so far, I have a 7 year old pink nyorotchi (yeah I know...). The app is pretty cool, though. I find myself starting to obsessively check it every few minutes when I'm on my phone. As I am in college, I left my tamas at home. This app is holding me over until my angelgotchi arrives in the mail. Of course, this doesn't have the exact charm of the toy, but it is pretty good for what it is. I do wish you could name the pets and the app had more "tamagotchi-like" sounds.

**EDIT**  AAaaaand it died at age 8.  I left it alone for 10 minutes and when I checked again, it was an angel.  I made sure it was fed and happy.  I guess it was just time for him to go back up to tamagotchi land... :(

Yeah, same with mine. Checked it this morning, went to dance, checked it at about 2 or so, and now its poof.  :o  :(

Mimi22982

• mimi22982 user photo

Posted 16 April 2013 - 09:39 PM ( #24 )

I'm starting to feel that Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app is meant to function as an advertisement by Bandai. It's fun enough for you to want to play, but it sucks enough to make you want the real thing. I ended up buying my Tama-Go because of the app.

• robodog and KlickBop like this

TamaLover1990

• tamalover1990 user photo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:41 AM ( #25 )

I prefer the actual Tamagotchi toy. The app is fun and all but the toy is way better.

osu

• osu user photo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:07 PM ( #26 )

yeah, i'm running it. it's pretty nice so far; basically just a first generation tamagotchi for free!

jvdas

• jvdas user photo

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:04 PM ( #27 )

I was excited for the app, and downloaded it when I found out it was released. Ironically, that was the thing that made me pull out a v4.5, because I was unsatisfied with the app.

Then a couple hours later that day, I ordered a P's and an IDL. Just received them yesterday, so I'm running my IDL

• KlickBop likes this

Mimi22982

• mimi22982 user photo

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:52 AM ( #28 )

I was excited for the app, and downloaded it when I found out it was released. Ironically, that was the thing that made me pull out a v4.5, because I was unsatisfied with the app.

Then a couple hours later that day, I ordered a P's and an IDL. Just received them yesterday, so I'm running my IDL

LOL that's what happened to me!

Canky

• canky user photo

Posted 24 April 2013 - 05:24 AM ( #29 )

Man, Tamagotchi L.I.F.E is never be better than Original Tamagotchis. I have got S3 so I have got best android phone but I'm still enjoy playing Tamagotchi than Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. So keep playing Original Tamagotchis ^_^

webster04

• webster04 user photo
  • Group: Account Closed

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:47 AM ( #30 )

I tried it out on my moms iphone but to me it was as irritating as the tamagotchi simulator for the pc, even if I gave it the best possible care like I do with my actual tamagotchi's I still ended up with the worst adult so I just deleted it. REAL TAMAGOTCHI'S FTW!

カロン

• %e3%82%ab%e3%83%ad%e3%83%b3 user photo

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:14 PM ( #31 )

It's alright, I guess, though from what I recall, the P2 (my first) and Connection V2 was better. I got some weird sper... nevermind. But I dislike how boring it is.

jordboss

• jordboss user photo

Posted 04 May 2013 - 07:50 PM ( #32 )

I finally got the app, even though I'm in Wales. I must say it is okay, like I haven't been running any for a while as I have been really busy with Getting Tamalounge for its relaunch, and other personal stuff such as collage ect.

I am enjoying it though, however I decided to put the date forward on my phone, and when I went back I found that it was a adult character, Nyrotchi (Snake). It says that he is 7 years old at the moment.

Edited by jordboss, 04 May 2013 - 08:53 PM.

KlickBop

• klickbop user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 06 May 2013 - 07:23 PM ( #33 )

I tried to give the app an honest shot, maybe about a month, to see if it'd grow on me, buuuut.... No.
Somehow, checking my tama on a standalone device is much more.... Satisfying? Simple?
I dislike having to check my phone constantly, having to stop, swype in my password, navigate to the app, open it, and hit start seem a bit too much to just check on my pet.
My profession is pretty lax, so it's fine for me to have my tamas at work since I can just... Look, and take care of it, and be done while I wait for projects to export.
Stopping for a few minutes to check a phone regularly is not.

What it boils down to is I would pretty much always choose the tama toy over an app on a multifunctional device.

ConcertMoth

• concertmoth user photo

Posted 12 May 2013 - 10:21 PM ( #34 )

I can't seem to get any other Tamagotchi other than the one that looks like a little blue tadpole, it keeps dying at age 7 I never neglect it so why can't I get a different Tamagotchi to evolve?

phillipsebastian93

• phillipsebastian93 user photo

Posted 12 May 2013 - 11:22 PM ( #35 )

i want to play it on my iphone,but i think Tamagotchi color,id,id l,p's more Fun :)

abokado

• abokado user photo

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:02 AM ( #36 )

Unfortunately I can't download it on my phone. Though I don't think I would like it very much.. playing on the phone would be kinda weird. It's just something completely else to hold an egg in your hand. :3

• robodog likes this

CrystalMimitchi

• crystalmimitchi user photo

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:32 PM ( #37 )

I have recently installed the app, and I must say, it stays pretty true to its roots. I like it. :) But a toy would've been slightly better.

SamJJE101

• samjje101 user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:01 AM ( #38 )

Just got the app on my phone. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it! A real Tamagotchi will always be better, though. :)

Tinkalila

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:46 PM ( #39 )

I have it on both my phone and my iPod touch. I have to admit, I tend to ignore the notifications. It's just not the same.

TotallyTamagotchi

• totallytamagotchi user photo

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:55 PM ( #40 )

I don't treat it like my Tamagotchis at all. I check on it once every 3 weeks or so... :lol: :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, app, tamagotchi