Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are you running the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app?

tamatalk app tamagotchi

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Poll: Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E.? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you running Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. on your iPhone/iPod or Android device?

1. Yes (171 votes [69.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 69.23%

2. No (76 votes [30.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

How do you like the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. app compared to regular Tamagotchis?

1. I like the app better (3 votes [1.21%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.21%

2. I like the regular Tamagotchi better (200 votes [80.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.97%

3. I like both just the same (44 votes [17.81%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.81%

Vote

SaitoHitomi

• saitohitomi user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:47 AM ( #81 )

I tried it out for a bit the other day...it wasn't that great. I decided to try it out as I have no hopes of ever finding the P2 I actually want. It was very much like I remember the actual toy being but I'm not interested in it being on my phone. I prefer the actual device. But I can see the attraction, with kids being on their cellphones 95% of the time. I grew up before there were cellphones everywhere (my Father didn't even have one until about 5 years ago) so having the toy still appeals to me more. I didn't have any issues with the app mind you, no freezing issues and the health of the Tama remained intact upon closing the app.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:42 AM ( #82 )

I haven't tried the P2 app yet 'cause my Android emulator is so confusing XD

Edited by Eternal Mametchi Fan, 15 December 2013 - 05:47 AM.

Itsumo-nana

• itsumo-nana user photo

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:51 AM ( #83 )

I'm definitely NOT an Apple fan but I like Android and yeah I have Android.  :lol: I try to run it but I always forget to feed it so it dies... yeah.

Edited by Itsumo-nana, 15 December 2013 - 10:51 AM.

alisachi

• alisachi user photo

Posted 15 December 2013 - 06:36 PM ( #84 )

Even though I'm from the UK, I just changed my region to US on my Apple ID details and got the Tamagotchi L.I.F.E app...

I liked the app.. but it just doesn't seem the same, I rather have the real thing than an app :(

I ended up deleting it because I prefer the real thing!

tamagotchirocks

• tamagotchirocks user photo

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:40 AM ( #85 )

I was running it before, but I disliked it so I uninstalled it. I recently installed it again ( like a few days ago) and  I saw that they have the p2 ( generation 2) and generation 1 too....and the game for p2 is different , now the foods are in color too. I really would liked to have features such as going to stores and stuff...but I guess thats pretty much what you can get since the app is free and all....

But the annoying part is, it sends notifications so I disabled it...and also it dies very easily! I still like the real tamagotchi because, you have that feeling with you with a real tama which you cant have with this one.

:) :D

ryonyanko

• ryonyanko user photo

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:36 AM ( #86 )

I'm running it and.. it's quite maddenly slow ! All the animations and such are painful to watch but I keep it around .

It being on the phone does loose it's charms as others have said..

puzzledpanda

• puzzledpanda user photo

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:18 AM ( #87 )

I'm running it for generation 2. Of course it's not the same as an actual tamagotchi but for an app it's pretty good. One annoying thing is not being able to pause it at all...I know vintages did not have an official "pause" function, but at least you could go the clock set screen and not set the time, or set it so the tamagotchi is asleep. But on a cell phone or other electronic device messing with the time isn't a good idea.

Edited by puzzledpanda, 06 January 2014 - 10:18 AM.

strangeseraph

• strangeseraph user photo

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:28 PM ( #88 )

I am running the LIFE app. I didn't get the option to vote though, I guess I missed the poll.

Personally, I love it, and now they have second generation too. :) I'm happy.

Iarae

• iarae user photo

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:18 PM ( #89 )

I don't own an iPhone, iPad or Android device so unfortunately I'm not able to play it. I have been thinking about downloading an emulator but I'm not sure whether it's worth it, really.

Cheekitchi

• cheekitchi user photo

Posted 01 February 2014 - 10:47 PM ( #90 )

I dig it. It is more discrete than pulling out a little egg-shaped you, so I am able to keep tabs on my pet, even in the workplace. I've never had anything but a P2 (which I thought was a P1 until I ran this app and my P2 at the same time and wondered why the toddlers looked different...), so I wasn't expecting any of the features of the newer versions. I also never felt right pausing my pets (can't pause my dog!), so I never have, though I can see how it would be useful.

I'd like it if they put out a new update each quarter or so, where they add newer versions (obviously never anything that is still in production), coming out chronologically. If I enjoy the connections app, I might spend money on a newer tamagotchi, for instance. For now I'm happy running the app and my two vintages :)

Shimashimatchi_Pal

• shimashimatchi-pal user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 01:24 PM ( #91 )

I'm going to get it when it comes out on iOS :P

MagicMimitchi

• magicmimitchi user photo

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:04 PM ( #92 )

I'm currently running the updated version of the app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 (Android) and it works great.  :D  I downloaded the first version of the app when I got my new phone last year. It ended up using almost all of my phone's battery power and made the screen really hot. So I ended up uninstalling it.  :(  I installed it on my iPad but it ended up dying since I don't keep my iPad on 24/7. The new version of the app with Generation 2 only uses 3% of my battery life. :wub:  Just wish it gave the option of saving the app to my SD card. :angry:

Ivysir

• ivysir user photo

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:04 PM ( #93 )

I was considering getting it, but the "glowing" reviews have made me change my mind. Also, it probably would feel weird using a phone as a tamagotchi anyways.

maltchoco

• maltchoco user photo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:15 AM ( #94 )

I have it personally, both the Gen 1/2 and Angelgotchi versions, and find that they're a good experience, as someone who's never been in contact with a vintage, but not quite the same as a real Tama (of course). That said, I do just as poorly on them as I do on real Tamas. I worked so hard to keep it happy and healthy, and I got a Maskutchi... orz (Same thing happened on the V6. Work hard, get a Sebiretchi. I'm terrible at this.)

Ah, but I do experience significant freezing and crashing. I'll be going to do something (usually play a game), and then it'll just say, "(app name) has stopped working." Thanks.

• tamastar133 likes this

Eirrinn

• eirrinn user photo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:28 AM ( #95 )

I have it but I find it glitchy and boring. I'd rather just have American ports of the colored tama's

Tamafurbi

• tamafurbi user photo

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:29 AM ( #96 )

Seriously, I run the application. As the angel of my Tamagotchi, I love the truth. I like watch the webisodes and the marketing ideas and love to make a purchase of Tamagotchi. However, I think one thing, that with a little more. If a character from friends Tamagotchi or connection is included in the application or by creating anime character application thereof, which would be good for them. I would enjoyed it completely, I will adore the care of a friend of my cute Tamagotchi! , Many of nostalgia for my Tamagotchi connection and go! Tamagotchi! So it will be something very special to me.

strangeseraph

• strangeseraph user photo

Posted 01 March 2014 - 07:35 AM ( #97 )

I don't know if I got to vote on this or not. But I hate to say it, I kind of like the app better. Its a bit more convenient for me being on my iPod, I get alerts when my Tama needs me and I get all sorts of designs for the egg to look at, or I can play it in touch mode if I prefer.

I do like COLLECTING the tama eggs though, I'll still do that, and I'll still run my Tama color eggs. But something about the apps is just better for me.

PoisonMookie

• poisonmookie user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:42 PM ( #98 )

The app isn't compatible with my phone (Samsung S2 Mini), which is strange because it's not a very old model. Although from what I've heard I doubt I'd be that bothered about getting it except to experience what it was like to have some of the vintage Tamas that I haven't been able to collect yet. I had a similar virtual pet app a while back and I can't imagine the app will be as good as the eggs themselves. But if it ever does become compatible I'll probably still try it.

Anny Biondi

• anny-biondi user photo

Posted 11 April 2014 - 01:42 PM ( #99 )

Not available in Italy :/

Princess Lavuli

• princess-lavuli user photo

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:37 PM ( #100 )

Even though I don't have the App (I have a Nokia 521) I've seen pictures :) personally from the look of the app The toy is better :blink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamatalk, app, tamagotchi